Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Show Logs from a server location to a web browser Post 302969937 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 30th of March 2016 10:24:44 AM
Old 03-30-2016
A suggestion: Use a CGI that will build an HTML page to show the content of the log files. The browser can be used for search and "save as" actions.
This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

2. Linux

web browser from konsole

hi experts, i'm running red hat linux, consider there's no visual interface, no X server... actually there is one but it's written in Python! what i need is to intall a decent web browser on it! is it possible? and i only have abt 100 MBs of free disk space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elzalem
1 Replies

3. AIX

location of logs on AIX 4.3 and 5.3

Hi All, I would like to know where's the location of ALL system error logs on AIX43 and AIX53. Thanks, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Web browser not opening

On clicking on my WEB BROWSER . no window is appearing , only a dialog box appearing with named "ALERT" any nothing else. What is browser package name , which is by default in Solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush singh
3 Replies

5. Web Development

What is Your Favorite Web Browser?

OK, please vote on your favorite web browser and comment why! Only currently supported browers please! Thanks. PS: I am a big FireFox fan. FireFox add-ons rock! (61 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
61 Replies

6. Web Development

HTML/PHP show IMG based on location

HI guys/gals, I like to add some personal touches to a welcome image on our mediawiki site, and have the welcome be displayed in the, presumed, language of the visitor. Standard would be English, but if the IP or browser or OS is set to be in India, I want to display the message in Urdu for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Logs & Lists to Save before httpd restart when web server freezes?

Hello... We keep having a problem with the httpd freezing and users getting time outs. I am not the Sys Admin but since I am the 1st one in, I have to restart the httpd server. Is there a list of items I should collect before I restart in order to help with trouble shooting? I currently... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djlerman
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gmail cannot view picture through web browser through squid proxy server

Hi, forum reader, I have a squid problem. We have 2 squid proxy for two different group staffs, both of them can access gmail for web email access. It used about half year. One day we send out email with image but one proxy group user cannot view that pic but another group can see. Any idea for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: justinianho
2 Replies
CGI::Pretty(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  CGI::Pretty(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Pretty - module to produce nicely formatted HTML code SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Pretty qw( :html3 ); # Print a table with a single data element print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Pretty is a module that derives from CGI. It's sole function is to allow users of CGI to output nicely formatted HTML code. When using the CGI module, the following code: print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); produces the following output: <TABLE><TR><TD>foo</TD></TR></TABLE> If a user were to create a table consisting of many rows and many columns, the resultant HTML code would be quite difficult to read since it has no carriage returns or indentation. CGI::Pretty fixes this problem. What it does is add a carriage return and indentation to the HTML code so that one can easily read it. print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); now produces the following output: <TABLE> <TR> <TD>foo</TD> </TR> </TABLE> Recommendation for when to use CGI::Pretty CGI::Pretty is far slower than using CGI.pm directly. A benchmark showed that it could be about 10 times slower. Adding newlines and spaces may alter the rendered appearance of HTML. Also, the extra newlines and spaces also make the file size larger, making the files take longer to download. With all those considerations, it is recommended that CGI::Pretty be used primarily for debugging. Tags that won't be formatted The following tags are not formatted: <a>, <pre>, <code>, <script>, <textarea>, and <td>. If these tags were formatted, the user would see the extra indentation on the web browser causing the page to look different than what would be expected. If you wish to add more tags to the list of tags that are not to be touched, push them onto the @AS_IS array: push @CGI::Pretty::AS_IS,qw(XMP); Customizing the Indenting If you wish to have your own personal style of indenting, you can change the $INDENT variable: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = " "; would cause the indents to be two tabs. Similarly, if you wish to have more space between lines, you may change the $LINEBREAK variable: $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = " "; would create two carriage returns between lines. If you decide you want to use the regular CGI indenting, you can easily do the following: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = ""; AUTHOR
Brian Paulsen <Brian@ThePaulsens.com>, with minor modifications by Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> for incorporation into the CGI.pm distribution. Copyright 1999, Brian Paulsen. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Bug reports and comments to Brian@ThePaulsens.com. You can also write to lstein@cshl.org, but this code looks pretty hairy to me and I'm not sure I understand it! SEE ALSO
CGI perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 CGI::Pretty(3pm)