Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Error while loading shared libraries Post 302969769 by Don Cragun on Monday 28th of March 2016 03:30:55 AM
Old 03-28-2016
By convention, a shared library would have the extension .so instead of .a.

What command do you use to build your program (in both environments)?

What output do you get from the commands:
Code:
for dir in /home/test/lib /home/dev/lib
do	echo "$dir:"
	ls -ld "$dir/"libprun.*
	file "$dir/"libprun.*
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Shared libraries

Hello everybody, I am having major problems at the moment with shared libraries and I have to little knowledge of them to solve them. So please, please help me :) Ok this is the problem: I have a library A, which uses B and C, and C uses again D. If I try to run A as plugin in apache,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micky
0 Replies

2. Programming

shared libraries

I am compiling code which produces .a and .la libraries. How can I produce .so libraries? I know that gcc -shared does but how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thalex
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clarification about shared Libraries

I have a doubt about the shared libraries. Where do you set the path for the shared libaries, for the dynamic loader to locate. Any suggestion would be of great help. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar_gr
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Loading shared Libraries dynamically

HI, I am dynamically loading shared libraries using shl_load(). There are multiple processes (50 or more) which loads the same shared library. Will Unix internally load only one copy of the shared library or it will load multiple copies. Can I have memory issues if this is done. Thanks,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Debasisb2002
1 Replies

5. Linux

Shared Libraries

How do i make a library shared say i have a library a.so which i have just compiled. I want to make it shared how do i make it Next Queation is what is the difference between a.so.0 a.so.1 a.so.2 & a.so :rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHEL5 reboot - error loading shared library

Hi All, I have RHEL 5 installed in my system. Something must has happened because when i reboot the server, it came with many error.. /usr/bin/rhgb-client -- error while loading shared libraries: libpopt.so.0. Can't open shared object files. No such file/directory It finnaly ends with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

error while loading shared libraries: libxerces-c.so.28

Hi, Can any one help me ,how to rectify the below problem?........ "error while loading shared libraries: libxerces-c.so.28: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" Im using "ubuntu 10.04" (64 bit) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
0 Replies

8. Linux

xz: error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.5

Help! I'm busy working on MySQL replication for the site and trying to unzip this bind-geodns xz file on Linux (ubuntu) and am having some problems. http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/archlinux/community/os/i686/bind-geodns-9.4.1-4-i686.pkg.tar.xz Could anyone kindly unzip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

/usr/bin/rhgb-client -- error while loading shared libraries: libpopt.so.0

Hi All, I have RHEL 5 installed in my system. Something must has happened because when i reboot the server, it came with many error.. /usr/bin/rhgb-client -- error while loading shared libraries: libpopt.so.0. Can't open shared object files. No such file/directory It finnaly ends with the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IgnitedMind
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while loading shared libraries

Hello, I am trying to run a program from my local account and receive the following error: /local/app: error while loading shared libraries: libtiff.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory On the root account (which I DO NOT have access to), I see that libtiff.so.4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bphqk3
3 Replies
update-fonts-dir(8)                                           System Manager's Manual                                          update-fonts-dir(8)

NAME
update-fonts-dir - compile fonts.dir files SYNOPSIS
update-fonts-dir [OPTION] directory ... DESCRIPTION
update-fonts-dir creates a fonts.dir file in an X font directory by invoking mkfontdir(1x) with the appropriate arguments. It is typically invoked only from the post-installation and post-removal scripts of a package containing fonts for the X Window System, but may be invoked at any time to reconstruct fonts.dir files. For each directory, which is simply the last component of its path (such as '75dpi' or 'misc'), update-fonts-dir will generate either /usr/lib/X11/fonts/directory/fonts.dir or /usr/share/fonts/X11/directory/fonts.dir from the fonts.scale and font files found within it. This enables multiple packages to provide names for fonts in the same directory. No font package actually provides the fonts.dir file in the X font directory itself, so there is no danger of overwriting one package's font names with those of another. For instance, the two packages 'xfonts-base' (real) and 'xfonts-nifty' (hypothetical) may both install fonts into the directory /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc, and update-fonts-dir will ensure that the fonts.dir file in that directory contains information about the font files provided by both packages. The format of fonts.dir files is described in the mkfontdir(1x) manual page. An example of how to use update-fonts-dir in package maintainer scripts is provided in the Debian Policy Manual. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a brief usage message and exits. -7, --x11r7-layout switches the font layout to the one introduced in X11R7: fonts in /usr/share/fonts/X11/directory (default is: fonts in /usr/lib/X11/fonts/directory) OPERANDS
update-fonts-dir takes one or more X font directory names to operate on as operands. Only the final path component of the directory name should be specified; e.g., update-fonts-dir 75dpi is correct, while 'update-fonts-dir /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi' and 'update-fonts-dir /usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi' are not. ENVIRONMENT
COLUMNS indicates the width of the terminal device in character cells. This value is used for formatting diagnostic messages. If not set, the terminal is queried using stty(1) to determine its width. If that fails, a value of '80' is assumed. DIAGNOSTICS
Errors usage error: one or more font directories must be provided update-fonts-dir was invoked without operands. Supply one or more X font directory names to operate on. usage error: unrecognized option update-fonts-dir was invoked with an unrecognized option argument. Use only the options documented in "OPTIONS", above. fatal error: path to X font directory must be used A directory name was supplied that was not an X font directory name. Supply X font directory names only. Warnings warning: absolute path directory was provided Usage of absolute paths is deprecated. Use only the final component of the X font directory name for directory. warning: directory does not exist or is not a directory The supplied directory was invalid. update-fonts-dir skipped it. EXIT STATUS
0 update-fonts-dir ran successfully. 1 update-fonts-dir experienced a fatal error; see the section on diagnostic messages above. 2 update-fonts-dir was invoked with invalid arguments. BUGS
See the Debian Bug Tracking System <http://bugs.debian.org/xfonts-utils>. If you wish to report a bug in update-fonts-dir, please see /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt or the reportbug(1) command. AUTHOR
update-fonts-dir was written by Branden Robinson. SEE ALSO
mkfontdir(1x) Debian Project 2004-11-11 update-fonts-dir(8)