Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat CPU Utilization and Memory Utilization of Services and Applications Post 302969589 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 24th of March 2016 08:48:03 AM
Old 03-24-2016
You can look at the Nagios plugins that I just placed in this article.
Especially look at the commands in the shell scripts
  • check_vmem.sh
  • check_load5.sh
  • check_cpu_stats.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Utilization for memory and cpu

Hi all I need command to give me the utilization for memory and cpu,and how can I know if the utilization ok or no? for example in hp unix #top it is give me utilize for cpu and memory and also I can know if utilize ok or no. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory and CPU utilization process

Hi, I need to check which process in linux is taking high memory and which process is taking high cpu usage. Regards, Bash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to find CPU,memory and I/O utilization

Can anyone please help me regarding this .sh script: The shell script should monitor CPU,memory and I/O utilization continuously after a defined time interval and should write it in an output file like excell. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subhayan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU/Memory utilization

hi guys I just want to know how to get the cpu/memory utilization of a running script? Well i know that I can use the sar command but it shows the whole system's statistics. Is it possible to get the stats of a single scirpt or a single running service? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU Utilization and Memory Usage

Can any one suggest me, how to get the last week's (Last n weeks) average CPU utilization and Memory usage? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting CPU utilization and memory for a process

I am trying to get cpu util and memory occupied for a process. I use these (I am showing output also): using top ---------- $ top p 25272 d 5 top - 01:52:17 up 2 days, 21:28, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.05, 0.06 Tasks: 1 total, 0 running, 1 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Glance and CPU and Memory utilization

Hi guys, I am new to Unix and have been asked to Check the CPU and Memory utilization using the Glance command. I have tried searching and Google but cant find anything that makes sense to me :o Does anyine have any links to somewhere that will explain exactly what it is - tried "man... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gt10
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get CPU,Memory utilization by process id

Hi , We need to get the CPU% and Memory utilization of process by process id. Is there any way to do get them ? I tried few commands like top -p <PID> , but am getting error "Quitting top: pset <PID> doesn't exist" also i tried with ps -eo option but am getting error "ps: illegal option --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_g
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Get CPU,Memory utilization by process id

Hi , We need to get the CPU% and Memory utilization of process by process id. Is there any way to do get them ? I tried few commands like top -p <PID> , but am getting error "Quitting top: pset <PID> doesn't exist" also i tried with ps -eo option but am getting error "ps: illegal option --... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_g
5 Replies

10. Solaris

CPU and Memory Utilization every 5 minutes interval

Hi, Anyone can help me on how to collect the CPU and Memory usages every 5 minutes interval. Thanks in advance. Regards, FSPalero (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
4 Replies
nagios3(8)							      nagios								nagios3(8)

NAME
nagios3 - network/systems status monitoring daemon SYNOPSIS
nagios3 [-h] [-v] [-s] [-d] <main_config_file> DESCRIPTION
nagios3 is a daemon program that monitors the status of various network accessible systems, devices, and more. For more information, please consult the online documentation available at http://www.nagios.org, or on your nagios server's web page. OPTIONS
main_config_file The main configuration file. On debian systems this defaults to /etc/nagios3/nagios.cfg -h A helpful usage message -v Reads all data in the configuration files and performs a basic verification/sanity check. Always make sure you verify your config data before (re)starting Nagios. -s Shows projected/recommended check scheduling information based on the current data in the configuration files. -d Starts Nagios in daemon mode (instead of as a foreground process). FILES
/etc/nagios3 Default configuration directory for nagios3 AUTHOR
nagios3 is written and maintained by Ethan Galstad <nagios@nagios.org>. This manual page was written by sean finney <seanius@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux operating system (but it may be freely used, modified, and redistributed by others). sean finney February 2006 nagios3(8)