Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux Mount Points usage check with shell script Post 302969530 by cjcox on Wednesday 23rd of March 2016 05:36:23 PM
Old 03-23-2016
script is broken, look at your loop and where the conditional check is.

Also, df is not du... combining the two may lead to unexpected results.

Consider the following (assumes Linux, but can be adjusted for others):

Code:
df -Phl -x tmpfs -x devtmpfs |
  sed -n -e 's/^\([/].*\)[ ]\+\([[:digit:].]\+[[:alpha:]]\)[ ]\+\([[:digit:].]\+[[:alpha:]]\)[ ]\+\([[:digit:].]\+[[:alpha:]]\)[ ]\+\([[:digit:].]\+\)[%][ ]\+\(.*\)/MAILTO=xyxz@abc.com;LIMIT=80;[ \5 -gt \$LIMIT ] \&\& echo -e "Filesystem: \1\\nSize:       \2\\nUsed:       \3\\nAvail:      \4\\nUse%:       \5\\nMounted:    \6" \| mailx -s "\1 usage over \$LIMIT %" \$MAILTO/p' |
  sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount points

sometimes in Solaris 8 when I go to mount filesystems using either the mount command or by editing the /etc/vfstab, i get a nice little error message saying the the number of allowable mount points has been exceeded. I have read man pages until I am blue in the face and no where can I find what the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manderson19
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount Points at reboot

How do I make a mount point reconnect at boot without editing /etc/fstab? Is there an option (or switch) to make this persistent when issuing the mount command from a client? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXdumb455
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount points

hi, I believe a mount point does not have to be a physical disk, but rather a logical one? Is this correct? if so, how can I find out if my mount points are on different physical disks? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

test a script about mount points

Hi there, I would like people to test a script on as many situations as possible so we can find out errors and lacks. I wrote the script to help me work around mount points, especially when doing batch job on files (like backup) and to avoid duplicate operations through mount points. For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to see the mount points.

Hi all, First of all I dont even know the ABC of scripting .. But now I want a Script to see the mount points of the file systems Can any body help plsssssssss :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priky
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor mount points on linux box

Hi, the following shell script is not working on linux box sugeestions appreciated. FILE1=/tmp/check1.txt FILE2=/tmp/check2.txt df -k | awk '{if (NR != 1) print $5 $6}' > ${FILE1} awk -F"%" '{if ($1 > 90) print "Warning: Filesystem " $2 " over 90% threshold (" $1 "%)"}' ${FILE1} >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for Server Mount Point space check

Does anybody have anything I can use to help me out with this one? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbone007
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Mount Points? How?

Hi folks, I have been asked to performed the following: Add the following new moint points systemA:/avp and SystemB:/usr/sap/trans to be the new linux server ZZZ How can I add those mount points and how those mount points can become another linuz server?:wall::wall::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Shell Script to check for string inside a file?

This is what I have so far grep -lir "some text" * I need to check all files on the system for this text, if the text is found I need to change the file permissions so only ROOT has read and write access. How can this be done? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mapleleafs89
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for logging cpu and memory usage of a Linux process

I am looking for a way to log and graphically display cpu and RAM usage of linux processes over time. Since I couldn't find a simple tool to so (I tried zabbix and munin but installation failed) I started writing a shell script to do so The script file parses the output of top command through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy_dufresne
2 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)