Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Loop with Perl (string search) Post 302969450 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 22nd of March 2016 11:30:42 PM
Old 03-23-2016
The single quotes prevent the shell from expanding the shell array variable ${Primers[$y]}.
You can try:
Code:
perl -ple "/${Primers[$y]}/"' and y/ACGT/TGCA/ and $_ = reverse unless /^>/' test.txt

or pass the variable:
Code:
perl -sple '$_=~$match and y/ACGT/TGCA/ and $_ = reverse unless /^>/' -- -match="${Primers[$y]}"

--
Note that repeatedly calling an external program, like awk or perl from inside a shell loop is less efficient and detrimental to performance. It could be done more efficiently by looping inside these programs themselves...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string then parse next line

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on one line then parse data on the next or subsequent lines - I will know which line needs to be parsed beforehand. This is what I currently have: while (<COMMAND_OUT>) { if ($_ =~ m/TEST/) { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for a string -perl

Hi, I have a line where i need to get certain part of it.. example.. text txt tt: 1909 thats how exactly it looks and all spaces are to be counted.. i need to retrieve 1909.. Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl search in a string for....

ok so what I am trying to do is search through 200k files that have ext .000 or .702. for *@yahoo.com.tw and if it finds that in the file. then remove the file. this is my code... what am i doing wrong. it seams it will only find asdflkajsdf@yahoo.com.tw as a string and not *@yahoo.com.tw so it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Philux
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search of string from an array in Perl

Hi All I want to search a string from an array in Perl. If a match occurs, assign that string to a variable else assign 'No match'. I tried writing the script as follows but it's in vain. Please help me.. #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; my $NER; my @text=("ORG","PER"); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

6. Programming

PERL, search and replace inside foreach loop

Hello All, Im a Hardware engineer, I have written this script to automate my job. I got stuck in the following location. CODE: .. .. ... foreach $key(keys %arr_hash) { my ($loc,$ind,$add) = split /,/, $arr_hash{$key}; &create_verilog($key, $loc, $ind ,$add); } sub create_verilog{... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: riyasnr007
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search string for cut data

perl -lne '$/="1H1XXXXX";print $_ if /0001|0002|0003/' data.txt> output.txt more data.txt 1H1XXXXX|0001|Y| aaa bbb ccc 1H1XXXXX|0005|N| bbb g 1H1XXXXX|0001|Y| hhh ddd 222 1H1XXXXX|0002|Y| 444 1H1XXXXX|0002|N| 222 1H1XXXXX|0003|Y| hhhh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittiwas
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive search for string in file with Loop condition

Hi, Need some help... I want to execute sequence commands, like below test1.sh test2.sh ...etc test1.sh file will generate log file, we need to search for 'complete' string on test1.sh file, once that condition success and then it should go to test2.sh file, each .sh scripts will take... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish123
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search different string using perl

Hello, I want to search two strings in a file and print the same in the new file using perl script. Can anyone suggest me how to do this... The file looks like below: <UML:ModelElement.requirement> <UML:Dependency name="Row_MainColumn_FW_0009"> <UML:ModelElement.taggedValue>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Loop through the folders and search for particular string in files

Hello, Opearting System Environment : HP Unix B.11.31 U I look for script to On specific folders list On specific filelist Search for given string For Example : r48_buildlib.txt contains wpr480.0_20161027 wpr480.0_20161114 wpr481.0_20161208 wpr482.0_20161222... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)