Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find a word and increment the number in the word & save into new files Post 302969413 by jypark22 on Tuesday 22nd of March 2016 12:56:54 PM
Old 03-22-2016
Thank you for all your helps.

I think RudiC's code works for me. Thanks again.

Best,

Jaeyoung

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO find the word which occurs maximum number of times

Hi Folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Requirement is............. i have a input file: 501,501.chan 502,502.anand 503,503.biji 504,504.raja 505,505.chan 506,506.anand 507,507.chan and my o/p should be chan->3 i.e. the word which occurs maximum number of times in a file should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a word in a file, and change a word beneath it ??

Hi all, I have a file with lines written somewhat like this. aaaa ccc aa linux browse = no xssxw cdcedc dcsdcd csdw police dwed dwd browse = no cdecec (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read data word by word from given file & storing in variables

File having data in following format : file name : file.txt -------------------- 111111;name1 222222;name2 333333;name3 I want to read this file so that I can split these into two paramaters i.e. 111111 & name1 into two different variables(say value1 & value2). i.e val1=11111 &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjoshi98
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search for a particular word in files and print the word and path name

Hi, i am new to unix shell scripting and i need a script which would search for a particular word in all the files present in a directory. The output should have the word and file path name. For example: "word" "path name". Thanks for the reply in adv,:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual_45
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl lwp find word and print next word :)

hi all, I'm new there, I'm just playing with perl and lwp and I just successfully created a script for log in to a web site with post. I have a response but I would like to have something like this: I have in my response lines like: <div class="sender">mimi020</div> <some html code.....>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find number of digits in a word

HI, Can you tell me how to find the number of digits in a word. $cat data.txt +123456ad 87645768 Output should be 6 8 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the number of occurence of particular word from a text file?

example: i have the following text file... i am very tired. i am busy i am hungry i have to find the number of occurence of a particular word 'am' from the text file.. can any one give the shell script for it (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheela
34 Replies
XmScrollBarSetValues(library call)										XmScrollBarSetValues(library call)

NAME
XmScrollBarSetValues -- A ScrollBar function that changes ScrollBar's increment values and the slider's size and position SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/ScrollBar.h> void XmScrollBarSetValues (widget, value, slider_size, increment, page_increment, notify) Widget widget; int value; int slider_size; int increment; int page_increment; Boolean notify; (void) DESCRIPTION
XmSetScrollBarValues changes the ScrollBar's increment values and the slider's size and position. The scroll region is overlaid with a slider bar that is adjusted in size and position using the main ScrollBar or set slider function attributes. widget Specifies the ScrollBar widget ID. value Specifies the ScrollBar's slider position. Refer to the XmNvalue resource described on XmScrollBar(3). slider_size Specifies the size of the slider. Refer to the XmNsliderSize resource described on XmScrollBar(3). This argument sets that resource. Specify a value of 0 (zero) if you do not want to change the value. increment Specifies the amount of button increment and decrement. Refer to the XmNincrement resource described on XmScrollBar(3). This argument sets that resource. Specify a value of 0 (zero) if you do not want to change the value. page_increment Specifies the amount of page increment and decrement. Refer to the XmNpageIncrement resource described on XmScrollBar(3). This argument sets that resource. Specify a value of 0 (zero) if you do not want to change the value. notify Specifies a Boolean value that, when True, indicates a change in the ScrollBar value and also specifies that the ScrollBar widget automatically activates the XmNvalueChangedCallback with the recent change. If it is set to False, it specifies any change that has occurred in the ScrollBar's value, but does not activate XmNvalueChangedCallback. For a complete definition of ScrollBar and its associated resources, see XmScrollBar(3). RELATED
XmScrollBar(3). XmScrollBarSetValues(library call)