Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command to turn off or GUI
Operating Systems Solaris Command to turn off or GUI Post 302969376 by stevie_velvet on Tuesday 22nd of March 2016 06:14:48 AM
Old 03-22-2016
solaris 10's deault gui is the java based GNOME can be launched by:
Code:
/bin/gnome-session

The legacy CDE can be launched by :
Code:
/usr/dt/bin/Xsession

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Possible GUI to Command-Line Interface Translator?

I was chatting with my teacher on how this could be a great tool for admins who are making the switch from GUI to CLI administration. I'm wondering, does this kind of tool exist? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daemon-Killer
4 Replies

3. AIX

turn on aix history command

how do i turn on aix43 history command? so that i could recall the command with <esc>+k. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

4. Programming

Turn java cmdline program into GUI

I have a java command line program from a vendor without source code, but it's too much work to run on a PC window, therefore I'm think to create a GUI wrapper or web interface calling that java cmdline program. But I'm a newbie in java world - How convert a java command line program into a web... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tqlam
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Turn python script into an installed UNIX command (Mac OS X)

Okay so i have a script i wrote in python. I want to turn this script into an INSTALLED COMMAND to run in terminal. Right now i run it like this in terminal... $ python myscriptname.py or $ ./myscriptname.py but i want to be able to run it like this in terminal... $ myscriptname ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbreiny
3 Replies

6. Linux

Only the terminal(command screen) no GUI, for Windows XP ???

Hi All, Am working in a major IT company, due to security issues, being a fresher am not allowed to install or asking for a specific business reason to install it in my system. The thing is i want to learn Linux, due to the same security issues we need Admin pass to install certain... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_ganapathy
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Gui to command line

Hi, OS :- SUN I am asked to invoke table menu via command line , after that i need to select option in the table menu like REPORT, STATUS ... After login in to server , I am entering “yct”. It brings me a table with lot of option , I need to scroll down and then select “Report “ which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharats08
3 Replies

8. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Exec command with mutt - turn on & off?

Hi Folks - Quick question around the exec command again. At the end of my script, I check for specific error codes that are returned from a process I execute within the shell script. Based on the error code, I send an email. Do I need to turn off exec feature prior to send each email so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
5 Replies

10. Solaris

How to start gui from Solaris command line?

Hi. I'm a Solaris newbie. I'm using Solaris SunOS Version 11.4.0.15.0 through Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager on Windows. When I start the VM, I get to a command line I can login to. I've tried using: /usr/dt/bin/dtconfig -e However, I receive error "No such file or directory". The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SRD
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)