Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find a word and increment the number in the word & save into new files Post 302969372 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 22nd of March 2016 05:28:07 AM
Old 03-22-2016
With the loop in bash, and the contents modification done by sed
Code:
for i in {2..12}; do sed "s/\<P1\>/P$i/g" file > P"$i".tcl; done

Note there might be some old sed versions that do not understand the "left boundary" \< and "right boundary" \>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO find the word which occurs maximum number of times

Hi Folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Requirement is............. i have a input file: 501,501.chan 502,502.anand 503,503.biji 504,504.raja 505,505.chan 506,506.anand 507,507.chan and my o/p should be chan->3 i.e. the word which occurs maximum number of times in a file should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a word in a file, and change a word beneath it ??

Hi all, I have a file with lines written somewhat like this. aaaa ccc aa linux browse = no xssxw cdcedc dcsdcd csdw police dwed dwd browse = no cdecec (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read data word by word from given file & storing in variables

File having data in following format : file name : file.txt -------------------- 111111;name1 222222;name2 333333;name3 I want to read this file so that I can split these into two paramaters i.e. 111111 & name1 into two different variables(say value1 & value2). i.e val1=11111 &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjoshi98
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search for a particular word in files and print the word and path name

Hi, i am new to unix shell scripting and i need a script which would search for a particular word in all the files present in a directory. The output should have the word and file path name. For example: "word" "path name". Thanks for the reply in adv,:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual_45
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl lwp find word and print next word :)

hi all, I'm new there, I'm just playing with perl and lwp and I just successfully created a script for log in to a web site with post. I have a response but I would like to have something like this: I have in my response lines like: <div class="sender">mimi020</div> <some html code.....>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find number of digits in a word

HI, Can you tell me how to find the number of digits in a word. $cat data.txt +123456ad 87645768 Output should be 6 8 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the number of occurence of particular word from a text file?

example: i have the following text file... i am very tired. i am busy i am hungry i have to find the number of occurence of a particular word 'am' from the text file.. can any one give the shell script for it (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheela
34 Replies
LOGPROF.CONF(5) 						     AppArmor							   LOGPROF.CONF(5)

NAME
logprof.conf - configuration file for expert options that modify the behavior of the AppArmor aa-logprof(1) program. DESCRIPTION
The aa-logprof(1) program can be configured to have certain default behavior by the contents of logprof.conf. The [qualifiers] section lists specific programs that should have a subset of the full ix/px/ux list when asking what mode to execute it using. Since creating a separate profile for /bin/bash is dangerous, we can specify that for /bin/bash, only (I)nherit, (U)nconstrained, and (D)eny should be allowed options and only those will show up in the prompt when we're asking about adding that to a profile. Likewise, if someone currently exec's /bin/mount in ix or px mode, things won't work, so we can provide only (U)nconstrained and (D)eny as options. And certain apps like grep, awk, sed, cp, and mkdir should always inherit the parent profile rather than having their own profile or running unconfined, so for them we can specify that only (I)nherit and (D)eny are the allowed options. Any programs that are not listed in the qualifiers section get the full (I)nherit / (P)rofile / (U)nconstrained / (D)eny option set. If the user is doing something tricky and wants different behavior, they can tweak or remove the corresponding line in the conf file. The [defaulthat] section lists changehat-aware programs and what hat aa-logprof(1) will collapse the entries to for that program if the user specifies that the access should be allowed, but should not have it's own hat. The [globs] section allows modification of the logprof rule engine with respect to globbing suggestions that the user will be prompted with. The format of each line is-- "<perl glob> = <apparmor glob>". When aa-logprof(1) asks about a specific path, if the perl glob matches the path, it replaces the part of the path that matched with the corresponding apparmor glob and adds it to the list of globbing suggestions. Lines starting with # are comments and are ignored. EXAMPLE
[qualifiers] # things will very likely be painfully broken if bash has it's own profile /bin/bash = iu # mount doesn't work if it's confined /bin/mount = u # these helper utilities should inherit the parent profile and # shouldn't have their own profiles /bin/awk = i /bin/grep = i /bin/sed = i [defaulthat] /usr/sbin/sshd = EXEC /usr/sbin/httpd2 = DEFAULT_URI /usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork = DEFAULT_URI [globs] # /foo/bar/lib/libbaz.so -> /foo/bar/lib/lib* /lib/lib[^/]+so[^/]*$ = /lib/lib*so* # strip kernel version numbers from kernel module accesses ^/lib/modules/[^/]+/ = /lib/modules/*/ # strip pid numbers from /proc accesses ^/proc/d+/ = /proc/*/ BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-enforce(1), aa-complain(1), aa-disable(1), aa_change_hat(2), aa-logprof(1), aa-genprof(1), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 LOGPROF.CONF(5)