Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Convert Epoch to timestamp in a file Post 302969360 by shabeena on Tuesday 22nd of March 2016 03:00:49 AM
Old 03-22-2016
Hi Ravinder,

its working Smilie

iam getting <<Thu 01 Jan 1970 10:00:00 AM AEST>>

I want the data as <<1970-01-01 10:00:00>>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert epoch time to readible format?

Hi, I would like to convert epoch time from the logs to readible fromat. How do I do it within shell? Thanks! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

conversion from EPOCH timestamp to local time zone

hello gurus, i want a perl/shell script which once invoked should convert a set of EPOCH timestamps to local time ( IST..i want) . how does it work ,i have an idea on that..but writing a perl/shell script for it is not possible for me...so i need help for the same. my exact requirement is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date into epoch in Perl on Solaris

Solaris 10 doesn't seem to like me a lot. I am trying to run a simple script to accept date and return epoch of that date: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Time::ParseDate; my($date1)="Mon Mar 27 05:54:08 CDT 2009"; chomp $date1; #Convert to seconds since start of epoch my $time1 =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavanlimo
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert value stored in a variable to epoch time?

Hello I have a the creation date of a file stored in a variable in the following format: Wed May 06 10:14:58 2009Is there a way I can echo the variable and display it in epoch time? I've done a lot of searching on this topic, but haven't managed to get a solution. I'm on Solaris 10. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glyn_Mo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert an epoch date to MMDDYYHHmm format

System: HP-UX Kornshell Perl is installed, but not POSIX Hello, I am calculating a future date/time. To do this I take the system date in epoch format and add to it. I now need to take the new epoch date and convert it to MMDDYYHHmm format. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LetsGoPens
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Epoch & Unix Timestamp Conversion Tools

Hi All, Please read the below data carefully. I need an unix command for converting unix timestamp to Epoch timestamp. I need to daily convert this today's unix(UTC) time to epoch time, so i am thinking to make a shellscript for this. Please help me for this by providing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert to epoch time

how can i modify the following command to instead provide the epoch time of the interfaces file? perl -le 'print scalar localtime ((stat "/home/skysmart/interfaces"))' Tue Feb 19 03:44:52 2013 i'm hoping to get the equivalent of this command: stat --format=%Y /home/skysmart/interfaces ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UNIX timestamp to readable format in the file

Hello I have a file : file1.txt with the below contents : 237176 test1 test2 1442149024 237138 test3 test4 1442121300 237171 test5 test7 1442112823 237145 test9 test10 1442109600 In the above file fourth field represents the timestamp in Unix format. I found a command which converts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a string to epoch time

Team, I am working on a shell script and i am extracting a date string in "SunOS server" with below format. Mon Jan 21 04:13:48 EST 2021 Can you please assist me the best way to convert the extracted string to epoch time like "date +%s" in Linux. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies
DateTime::Format::Epoch::Lilian(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      DateTime::Format::Epoch::Lilian(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::Epoch::Lilian - Convert DateTimes to/from Lilian Days SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::Epoch::Lilian; my $dt = DateTime::Format::Epoch::Lilian->parse_datetime( 53244.5 ); # 2004-08-27T00:00:00 DateTime::Format::Epoch::Lilian->format_datetime($dt); # 53244.5 my $formatter = DateTime::Format::Epoch::Lilian->new(); my $dt2 = $formatter->parse_datetime( 53244.5 ); # 2004-08-27T00:00:00 $formatter->format_datetime($dt2); # 53244.5 DESCRIPTION
This module can convert a DateTime object (or any object that can be converted to a DateTime object) to the Modified Julian Day number. See DateTime::Format::Epoch::JD for a description. METHODS
Most of the methods are the same as those in DateTime::Format::Epoch. The only difference is the constructor. o new() Constructor of the formatter/parser object. It has no parameters. SUPPORT
Support for this module is provided via the datetime@perl.org email list. See http://lists.perl.org/ for more details. AUTHOR
Eugene van der Pijll <pijll@gmx.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 Eugene van der Pijll. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
DateTime datetime@perl.org mailing list perl v5.10.1 2007-12-03 DateTime::Format::Epoch::Lilian(3pm)