Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Convert Epoch to timestamp in a file Post 302969357 by shabeena on Tuesday 22nd of March 2016 02:47:19 AM
Old 03-22-2016
Hi Ravinder,

it is working fine. I want it to change in whole file for 2nd column.

Note: I have to load data into Teradata table, so I required it to convert into timestamp(6) format.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert epoch time to readible format?

Hi, I would like to convert epoch time from the logs to readible fromat. How do I do it within shell? Thanks! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

conversion from EPOCH timestamp to local time zone

hello gurus, i want a perl/shell script which once invoked should convert a set of EPOCH timestamps to local time ( IST..i want) . how does it work ,i have an idea on that..but writing a perl/shell script for it is not possible for me...so i need help for the same. my exact requirement is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date into epoch in Perl on Solaris

Solaris 10 doesn't seem to like me a lot. I am trying to run a simple script to accept date and return epoch of that date: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Time::ParseDate; my($date1)="Mon Mar 27 05:54:08 CDT 2009"; chomp $date1; #Convert to seconds since start of epoch my $time1 =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavanlimo
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert value stored in a variable to epoch time?

Hello I have a the creation date of a file stored in a variable in the following format: Wed May 06 10:14:58 2009Is there a way I can echo the variable and display it in epoch time? I've done a lot of searching on this topic, but haven't managed to get a solution. I'm on Solaris 10. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glyn_Mo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert an epoch date to MMDDYYHHmm format

System: HP-UX Kornshell Perl is installed, but not POSIX Hello, I am calculating a future date/time. To do this I take the system date in epoch format and add to it. I now need to take the new epoch date and convert it to MMDDYYHHmm format. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LetsGoPens
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Epoch & Unix Timestamp Conversion Tools

Hi All, Please read the below data carefully. I need an unix command for converting unix timestamp to Epoch timestamp. I need to daily convert this today's unix(UTC) time to epoch time, so i am thinking to make a shellscript for this. Please help me for this by providing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert to epoch time

how can i modify the following command to instead provide the epoch time of the interfaces file? perl -le 'print scalar localtime ((stat "/home/skysmart/interfaces"))' Tue Feb 19 03:44:52 2013 i'm hoping to get the equivalent of this command: stat --format=%Y /home/skysmart/interfaces ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UNIX timestamp to readable format in the file

Hello I have a file : file1.txt with the below contents : 237176 test1 test2 1442149024 237138 test3 test4 1442121300 237171 test5 test7 1442112823 237145 test9 test10 1442109600 In the above file fourth field represents the timestamp in Unix format. I found a command which converts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a string to epoch time

Team, I am working on a shell script and i am extracting a date string in "SunOS server" with below format. Mon Jan 21 04:13:48 EST 2021 Can you please assist me the best way to convert the extracted string to epoch time like "date +%s" in Linux. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies
DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS - Convert DateTimes to/from Mac OS epoch seconds SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS; my $dt = DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS->parse_datetime( 1051488000 ); DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS->format_datetime($dt); # 1051488000 my $formatter = DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS->new(); my $dt2 = $formatter->parse_datetime( 1051488000 ); $formatter->format_datetime($dt2); # 1051488000 DESCRIPTION
This module can convert a DateTime object (or any object that can be converted to a DateTime object) to the number of seconds since the Mac OS epoch. Note that the Mac OS epoch is defined in the local time zone. This means that these two pieces of code will print the same number of seconds, even though they represent two datetimes 6 hours apart: $dt = DateTime->new( year => 2003, month => 5, day => 2, time_zone => 'Europe/Amsterdam' ); print $formatter->format_datetime($dt); $dt = DateTime->new( year => 2003, month => 5, day => 2, time_zone => 'America/Chicago' ); print $formatter->format_datetime($dt); Mac OS X is a Unix system, and uses the Unix epoch (1970-01-01T00:00:00). Use DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix instead. METHODS
Most of the methods are the same as those in DateTime::Format::Epoch. The only difference is the constructor. o new() Constructor of the formatter/parser object. It has no parameters. SUPPORT
Support for this module is provided via the datetime@perl.org email list. See http://lists.perl.org/ for more details. AUTHOR
Eugene van der Pijll <pijll@gmx.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 Eugene van der Pijll. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
DateTime datetime@perl.org mailing list perl v5.10.1 2007-12-03 DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS(3pm)