Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing sqlplus output to shell variable Post 302969297 by RudiC on Monday 21st of March 2016 08:30:09 AM
Old 03-21-2016
And, for the for loop, try
Code:
for i in $(ps -ef | awk '/pmon/ {split ($8, T, "_"); print T[3]}')

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi , I want to pass parameters from a shell script to a sql script and use the parameter in the sql query ..and then I want to spool a particular select query on to my unix box... for 4 different locations by writing only one sql script Right now no file is generated on the unix box...it is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passing unix variable to sqlplus without a file name

Hi, I want to input unix variable to sqlplus.The following is working fine sqlplus username/password @dummy.sql param1 param2 << EOF create user $1 identified by $2; EOF But I dont want any file name to be passed,I just want to pass the parameter. Is there any way to that?? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in passing a variable to sqlplus from a shell script

hi, I am using a shell script from where i will be conecting to sqlplus.. i am having a problem in passing a variable to sqlplus query.. i will be assigning the variable in the unix environment..whenever i am trying to pass a variable having the contents greater than 2500 characters, i am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the unix variable to sqlplus

Hi, I am writing a script which creates an external table using a shell script. My requirement is like this. Usage: . ./r.ksh <table_name> - this should create an external table. e.g . ./r.ksh abc - this should create an external table as abc_external. How do i achieve this? Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anaramkris
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

store sqlplus output in variable

hi how can i store sqlplus output to a variable in sh script (not bash) Thanks MM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murtymvvs
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Shell array to SQLPlus

Dears, Newbie here and tried to search this topic for 3 days now with results. I have a shell array and I want to use it in sqlplus with one connection. here is what I have for now #!/bin/ksh FileName=1000 FileName=2000 FileName=3000 FileName=4000 sqlplus /nolog <<EOF connect... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: roby2411
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script passing parameters to sqlplus code

Hello All, I am interested in finding out a way to pass parameters that are entered at the prompt from HP unix and passed to SQLPlus code with a Shell Script. Is this possible? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compprog11
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending sqlplus output to a shell variable

I am trying to import a sqlplus output into a shell variable but it doesnt seem to be working. set -x export DEPENDENT_CR_NO=`sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF conn username/passwd set heading off select dependency from custom_patches where patch_name='PATCH.zip'; exit; EOF` echo $DEPENDENT_CR_NO ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginer314
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a parameter from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi All, I'm new to Linux and scripting, apologies in advance for 'stupid' questions. Please help... Im writing a script that calls a sqlplus script but the sqlplus requires inputs and i cant seem to get this to work. here is my code. #!/bin/sh TERM=vt100 export TERM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahomed
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing variable as input & storing output in other variable

I have a below syntax its working fine... var12=$(ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{print $2,$4}') Im getting expected output as below: printf "%b\n" "${VAR12}" dell 123 dell 456 dell 457 Now I wrote a while loop.. the output of VAR12 should be passed as input parameters to while loop and results... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
5 Replies
ZGREP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep, zegrep, zfgrep -- print lines matching a pattern in gzip-compressed files SYNOPSIS
zgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [files ...] zegrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] zfgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] DESCRIPTION
zgrep runs grep(1) on files or stdin, if no files argument is given, after decompressing them with zcat(1). The grep-flags and pattern arguments are passed on to grep(1). If an -e flag is found in the grep-flags, zgrep will not look for a pattern argument. zegrep calls egrep(1), while zfgrep calls fgrep(1). EXIT STATUS
In case of missing arguments or missing pattern, 1 will be returned, otherwise 0. SEE ALSO
egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1), gzip(1), zcat(1) AUTHORS
Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> BSD
December 28, 2003 BSD