Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers UNIX command to display Owner,Group,Root and Subdirectories list Post 302969246 by drl on Sunday 20th of March 2016 12:50:29 PM
Old 03-20-2016
Hi.

Regarding email enclosures and attachments, from a recent security newsletter:

--Malicious Macros in Word Documents
(March 14, 2016)
Malicious macros embedded in Word documents are increasingly being used
as an attack vector. Researchers have now found a variant in which the
documents use fileless malware; in other words, they place malware
directly into the device's memory. The attack was delivered through
targeted spam that contains a malicious document. If the macros are
permitted to run, they use PowerShell to gather information about the
computer. The malware looks for machines where financial transactions
are conducted.

This is a reason I don't look at emails that contain Word, Excel, etc. documents. The OP may be comfortable looking at such email from himself or colleagues, but I would not be. Text is, in my opinion, the best and only kind of attachment allowed.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl
This User Gave Thanks to drl For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls command to list recursively ONLY subdirectories

:confused: ls -dlRr I've tried different combinations of the ls command using the above-mentioned options but none of them are giving me the output I am looking for. Objective: To get a recursive listing of all subdirectories from a particular starting point. For example, if my starting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to parse a directory and its subdirectories and find owner name of files

hi all, i need to capture all the files in a directory and its subdirectories that have owner name different than the root owner. for one file it is " stat -c %U filename " but i need to search for each and every file and record it. thanks in advance (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyasa
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How UNIX admin set up this? how files of 744 of other owner can be removed by another owner?

Hi all, We have some files are under 744 permissions and the the owner is say owner1 and group1. Now we have another user owner2 of group2, owner2 can remove files of the owner1 and the permission of those files are 744, unix admin told us he did some config at his side so we can do that. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGunMan
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display only Owner and directory/sub directory names under particular root

hai, I am new to Unix, I have a requirement to display owner name , directory or sub directory name, who's owner name is not equal to "oasitqtc". (here "oasitqtc" is the owner of the directory or sub directory.) i have a command (below) which will display all folders and sub folders, but i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
6 Replies

5. AIX

Unix root directory owner wrong AIX 5.3

The a chown was done and instead of using ./ a / was used and root ownership files got changed. I need to change the ownership of the files/directory back - backups are not working and I am concerned a reboot will not be successful. Can anyone provide the ownership of these files/directories... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: spike1
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a file where the owner and group is not root

Hi, I'm the root user on my computer, but I'm writing a script that does a lot of file handling. Every time I create a file or directory it automatically requires root privileges. Is there a way I can just create a file that the user can access without a password? For example in my script I... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
20 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX - command to count number of files in subdirectories

I have a folder named test/ and under that I have multiple directories and in each of the directory I have multiple log files. I want to know how many files exists under each sub directory. test |--quanrantine |--logfile1 |--logfile2 |--spooling |--logfile1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravikirankethe
4 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

To identify the group owner

If I have to identify the group owner of an AIX group, what is the command to be used. Example: there is an mqadm group, how do I find the owner of this group? Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files whose owner or group is numeric

I want to add a condition is my find command to include files/sub-directory whose owner or group is all numeric number. My current find command is find . \( -user root -o -user soham\) -type f -exec ls -l {} \; 2>&1 ---------- Post updated at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
5 Replies
TROFF2RTF(1)						      General Commands Manual						      TROFF2RTF(1)

NAME
troff2rtf - convert troff documents to Rich Text Format SYNTAX
troff2rtf [ -mxx ] [ -S charset ] [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
troff2rtf processes documents written to be formatted with troff (or nroff, or any of the other *roff variants) and converts them to Rich Text Format. RTF is a reasonably portable interchange standard; files in RTF format can be read by a variety of applications, e.g., Micro- soft Word, WordPerfect (Macintosh version 2.0 and up), WriteNow. The main use for troff2rtf is to make it easier to transport troff documents for use with microcomputers. First, convert your document to RTF: % troff2rtf [options] file > file.rtf The available options are described below. The one you'll most likely use is -mxx to specify a macro package like -me or -ms. If the doc- ument contains tables, the conversion can be done like this instead: % tblcvt file | troff2rtf [options] > file.rtf Then move the RTF file to your target machine and read it into your document processor. Optional flags may be given to modify the operation of troff2rtf, as follows: -mxx Specify macro package, usually -man, -me, -mm, or -ms. -S charset Specify the RTF character set. charset can be one of the following: ansi mac pc pca. The default is the Macintosh character set. For documents that you intend to use under Windows, -S ansi is a better choice. SEE ALSO
tblcvt(1), troffcvt(1) WHO-TO-BLAME Paul DuBois, dubois@primate.wisc.edu. BUGS
Table output generated when troff2rtf is used in concert with tblcvt has been known to crash Word outright; caution may be in order. In addition, you may need to read the resulting RTF document into a word processor and tweak column widths manually. Word97 adds support for vertically merging table cells (using the clvmgf and clvmrg control words). troff2rtf supports vertical spans using these controls, but earlier versions of Word don't yet understand them. Consequently, what you'll see for n-cell vertical spans is n individual cells, with all the text in the top cell and n-1 empty cells below it. TROFF2RTF(1)