Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract pattern from text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract pattern from text Post 302969243 by stinkefisch on Sunday 20th of March 2016 12:14:06 PM
Old 03-20-2016
Extract pattern from text

Hi all,

I got a txt here and I need to extract all D 8888 44 and D 8888 43 + next field

Code:
=",g("en")];f._sn&&(f._sn= "og."+f._sn);for(var n in f)l.push("&"),l.push(g(n)),l.push("="),l.push(g(f[n]));l.push("&emsg=");l.push(g(d.name+":"+d.message));var m=l.join("");Ea(m)&&(m=m.substr(0,2E3));c=m;var r=window.gbar.logger._aem(a,c);ia(r)}}catch(z){}}var Ea=function(a){return 2E3c?Math.max(0,a.length+c):c;c(function(){var a=function(f){for(var g=f.parentElement,d=null,e=0;ewindow.gbar&&gbar.eli&&gbar.eli()Google+SearchImagesMapsPlayYouTubeNewsGmailMoreDriveCalendarTranslateBooksShoppingBloggerFinancePhotosVideosDocsEven more »Account OptionsSign inSearch settingsWeb Historywindow.gbar&&gbar.elp&&gbar.elp() AllImagesVideosNewsShoppingMapsBooks._Bu,._Bu a:link,._Bu a:visited,a._Bu:link,a._Bu:visited{color:#808080}._kBb{color:#61C}.ellip{overflow:D 8888 43 BBBBBBBBBBBBBB sis;white-space:nowrap}Search OptionsAny countryCountry: the UKAny timePast hourPast 24 hoursPast weekPast monthPast yearAll resultsVerbatim7  | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/2016/03/xxxxxxxxxxxl-19032016.html‎Cached15 hours ago ... D 8888 44 AAAAA4FFBBBBBB ; Y OptionsAny country D 8888 44 
CCCCCCCCCCCCCC 
inkOpt,a._Bu:visited{c ink,a._Bu:visited{c D 8888 43 EEEEEEEEEEEEEE
OptionsAny country D 8888 43 
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

It should look like this after

Code:
D 8888 43 BBBBBBBBBBBBBB
D 8888 44 AAAAA4FFBBBBBB
D 8888 44 CCCCCCCCCCCCCC
D 8888 43 EEEEEEEEEEEEEE
D 8888 43 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Thank you very much

For now I tried

Code:
cat txt | sed 's/D/\n/g' | grep "^ 8888" | awk '/8888/ { print;getline;print}'

Code:
 8888 43 BBBBBBBBBBBBBB sis;white-space:nowrap}Search OptionsAny countryCountry: the UKAny timePast hourPast 24 hoursPast weekPast monthPast yearAll resultsVerbatim7 | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/2016/03/xxxxxxxxxxxl-19032016.html‎Cached15 hours ago ...
 8888 44 AAAAA4FFBBBBBB ; Y OptionsAny country
 8888 44
 8888 43 EEEEEEEEEEEEEE
 8888 43
 8888 43

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 03-20-2016 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract pattern from text line

Gents, from these sample lines: ZUCR.MI ZUCCHI SPA RISP NC 2,5000 6 ott 0,0000 ZV.MI ZIGNAGO VETRO 3,6475 16:36 Up 0,0075 is it possible to get this: ZUCR.MI 2,5000 ZV.MI 3,6475 i.e. the first field, a separator and the first decimal number? (in Europe we... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vampirodolce
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, the text line looks like this: "test1" " " "test2" "test3" "test4" "10" "test 10 12" "00:05:58" "filename.bin" "3.3MB" "/dir/name" "18459" what's the best way to select any of it? So I can for example get only the time or size and so on. I was trying awk -F""" '{print $N}' but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
3 Replies

3. Programming

c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file

needa c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file. and then storing them in to diffrent variables ? text file like 0: abc.txt ========= aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The text line has the following formats: what.ever.bla.bla.C01G06.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.C11G33.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.01x03.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.03x05.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.Part01.BLA.BLA2 and other similar ones, I need a way to select the "what.ever.bla.bla" part out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract unique pattern from large text file

Hi All, I am trying to extract data from a large text file , I want to extract lines which contains a five digit number followed by a hyphen , like 12345- , i tried with egrep ,eg : egrep "+" text.txt but which returns all the lines which contains any number of digits followed by hyhen ,... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: shijujoe
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the sentences from a text file that matches a pattern list

Hi I have a big text file. I want to extract all the sentences that matches at least 70% (seventy percent) of the words from each sentence based on a word list called A. Say the format of the text file is as given below: This is the first sentence which consists of fifteen words... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
CGI::Fast(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    CGI::Fast(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Fast - CGI Interface for Fast CGI SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Fast qw(:standard); $COUNTER = 0; while (new CGI::Fast) { print header; print start_html("Fast CGI Rocks"); print h1("Fast CGI Rocks"), "Invocation number ",b($COUNTER++), " PID ",b($$),".", hr; print end_html; } DESCRIPTION
CGI::Fast is a subclass of the CGI object created by CGI.pm. It is specialized to work well FCGI module, which greatly speeds up CGI scripts by turning them into persistently running server processes. Scripts that perform time-consuming initialization processes, such as loading large modules or opening persistent database connections, will see large performance improvements. OTHER PIECES OF THE PUZZLE
In order to use CGI::Fast you'll need the FCGI module. See http://www.cpan.org/ for details. WRITING FASTCGI PERL SCRIPTS
FastCGI scripts are persistent: one or more copies of the script are started up when the server initializes, and stay around until the server exits or they die a natural death. After performing whatever one-time initialization it needs, the script enters a loop waiting for incoming connections, processing the request, and waiting some more. A typical FastCGI script will look like this: #!/usr/bin/perl use CGI::Fast; &do_some_initialization(); while ($q = new CGI::Fast) { &process_request($q); } Each time there's a new request, CGI::Fast returns a CGI object to your loop. The rest of the time your script waits in the call to new(). When the server requests that your script be terminated, new() will return undef. You can of course exit earlier if you choose. A new version of the script will be respawned to take its place (this may be necessary in order to avoid Perl memory leaks in long-running scripts). CGI.pm's default CGI object mode also works. Just modify the loop this way: while (new CGI::Fast) { &process_request; } Calls to header(), start_form(), etc. will all operate on the current request. INSTALLING FASTCGI SCRIPTS
See the FastCGI developer's kit documentation for full details. On the Apache server, the following line must be added to srm.conf: AddType application/x-httpd-fcgi .fcgi FastCGI scripts must end in the extension .fcgi. For each script you install, you must add something like the following to srm.conf: FastCgiServer /usr/etc/httpd/fcgi-bin/file_upload.fcgi -processes 2 This instructs Apache to launch two copies of file_upload.fcgi at startup time. USING FASTCGI SCRIPTS AS CGI SCRIPTS
Any script that works correctly as a FastCGI script will also work correctly when installed as a vanilla CGI script. However it will not see any performance benefit. EXTERNAL FASTCGI SERVER INVOCATION
FastCGI supports a TCP/IP transport mechanism which allows FastCGI scripts to run external to the webserver, perhaps on a remote machine. To configure the webserver to connect to an external FastCGI server, you would add the following to your srm.conf: FastCgiExternalServer /usr/etc/httpd/fcgi-bin/file_upload.fcgi -host sputnik:8888 Two environment variables affect how the "CGI::Fast" object is created, allowing "CGI::Fast" to be used as an external FastCGI server. (See "FCGI" documentation for "FCGI::OpenSocket" for more information.) FCGI_SOCKET_PATH The address (TCP/IP) or path (UNIX Domain) of the socket the external FastCGI script to which bind an listen for incoming connections from the web server. FCGI_LISTEN_QUEUE Maximum length of the queue of pending connections. For example: #!/usr/local/bin/perl # must be a FastCGI version of perl! use CGI::Fast; &do_some_initialization(); $ENV{FCGI_SOCKET_PATH} = "sputnik:8888"; $ENV{FCGI_LISTEN_QUEUE} = 100; while ($q = new CGI::Fast) { &process_request($q); } CAVEATS
I haven't tested this very much. AUTHOR INFORMATION
Copyright 1996-1998, Lincoln D. Stein. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Address bug reports and comments to: lstein@cshl.org BUGS
This section intentionally left blank. SEE ALSO
CGI::Carp, CGI perl v5.12.1 2010-07-01 CGI::Fast(3pm)