Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Receiving: 4B436A3D 0313233216 T H fscsi0 LINK ERROR Post 302969084 by Devyn on Friday 18th of March 2016 03:20:01 AM
Old 03-18-2016
@hicksd8
Only options for the Max Frame Size is 512, 1024 or 2048 on the QLogic card. However what you said makes perfect sense and fits in with the issue well. Need to get the details on the LDEV setting from agent.kgb next. What command do I run to set the LDEV?

---------- Post updated at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:13 PM ----------

Oh you meant on the target, thought you meant on AIX. Here's the config and it looks fine per the developers:

Code:
        TARGET 21:01:00:1b:32:a1:81:21 {
                HW_TARGET

enabled 1
                rel_tgt_id 2

GROUP IBM01 {
                        LUN 0 MDSVIOroot01

INITIATOR 10:00:00:00:C9:62:1B:82

INITIATOR 10:00:00:00:C9:62:1B:83
                }
        }

So it's set to LUN 0. Then what you are saying agent.kgb is that this line here:

000002 0000000000000000 2101001b32a18121 2001001b32a18121

should really read:

000000 .....

?

Cheers,
DH

---------- Post updated at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:21 PM ----------

Anyway to change the Max Frame Size on AIX then? If I can match the two I could find out if they were at play.

---------- Post updated at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:59 PM ----------

Perhaps the Emulex frame size reported of 2112 is 2048 + 64 bytes for the headers and the QLogic doesn't add the 64 bytes to the 2048 it shows in the QLogic Boot Menus? If so they would match. Or am I wrong about this math? The ./hbainfo utility is dated and the devscan doesn't display the frame size. So I'm not 100% here.

Cheers,
DH

---------- Post updated at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:05 PM ----------

Apologies, in case I didn't mention, this is a HBA to HBA FC configuration / test.

---------- Post updated 03-18-16 at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous update was 03-17-16 at 11:56 PM ----------

The PCI entries do not show up for me in the Power5 firmware any longer. I'm wondering if there is anything out of the norm with it. How can I check the Power5 PCI bus for any issues?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Link Edit Error, Help!!!!!

Hi, After I installed gcc on my machine and issued a command to compile a program, I did gcc -c 'prog'.c The object file was created, then I did gcc -o 'prog' 'prog'.o Then I got this error message I have been reading man pages and searching the internet but have not been able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rachael
1 Replies

2. Linux

link error problem

Dear linuxers, I'm a novice in C++ programming. I wrote a ReadFile class in file ReadFile.cpp. After that, I wrote a test.cpp, which contains a main function, to test whether my class work well. I follow the following steps to compile the ReadFile.cpp file. g++296 -c ReadFile.cpp -o... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: niukun
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Receiving error on Unix server-- java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: registerNatives

Hi all, This is my first shell script, so I'm hoping the problem is that I'm just missing something, and not something bigger. I have a Java application that I wrote in WSAD that reads data from an Excel file and inserts values into a DB2 database. I'm able to run it successfully in WSAD. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: loveToBlade
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why am i receiving too many argument error with this?

#!/bin/bash while do codes done it says line 2: [: too many arguments why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garfish
4 Replies

6. Programming

g++ fails to link to static library when compilation and link in single command

Hello All, I've encountered a strange behaviour from g++ that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you can shed some light on it: I have a bunch of source files and want to compile them and link them with a static library liba.a located in /usr/local/lib64 into an executable Approach 1 works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magelord
0 Replies

7. AIX

Error opening device: /dev/fscsi0

Hello, One one of my AIX boxes I'm having the following errror: fcstat fcs0: Port Speed (supported): 4 GBIT Error opening device: /dev/fscsi0 errno: 0000003d Has anyone encountered similar errors? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

9. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (interface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# cat /var/adm//messages Apr 20 03:10:01 Prod-App1 syslogd: line 25: WARNING: loghost could not be resolved Apr 20 08:24:18 Prod-App1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
0 Replies

10. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (insterface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages Apr 22 16:43:05 Prod-App1 in.routed: interface net0 to 172.16.101.1 turned off Apr 22 16:43:33 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link up, 1000 Mbps, full duplex Apr 22 16:43:34 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
2 Replies
SPLIT(1)								FSF								  SPLIT(1)

NAME
split - split a file into pieces SYNOPSIS
split [OPTION] [INPUT [PREFIX]] DESCRIPTION
Output fixed-size pieces of INPUT to PREFIXaa, PREFIXab, ...; default PREFIX is `x'. With no INPUT, or when INPUT is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -a, --suffix-length=N use suffixes of length N (default 2) -b, --bytes=SIZE put SIZE bytes per output file -C, --line-bytes=SIZE put at most SIZE bytes of lines per output file -l, --lines=NUMBER put NUMBER lines per output file --verbose print a diagnostic to standard error just before each output file is opened --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may have a multiplier suffix: b for 512, k for 1K, m for 1 Meg. AUTHOR
Written by Torbjorn Granlund and Richard M. Stallman. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for split is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and split programs are properly installed at your site, the command info split should give you access to the complete manual. split (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 SPLIT(1)