Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Barcode scanner buffer read manipulation Post 302969022 by minharojr on Thursday 17th of March 2016 06:40:56 AM
Old 03-17-2016
Hi,
Thank you for your quick replay. Can you explain or point e the direction to make use of the stdbuf?

Regards,
Minharo.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

read from a USB Barcode-Reader

Hi all , I'm trying to read from a USB Barcode-Reader "LX-250" (on Unix) , I've written the following code ... But the program always failes on : ioctl call Please if anyone has any ideas on what causes it to fail ? Or how should I try to access the Barcode Device ? Your help is very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuval
2 Replies

2. Solaris

log file scanner

anyone know of a FREE logfile checker that they would recommend? looking to scan thru syslog, sulog, messages, etc... looking for security type related entries., thanks, brian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increase the buffer size to read lengthy lines

Hi All, I am trying to read output from a command. The output format is as follows: Thursday 13 Mar 2008 Information This is sample text Friday 14 Mar 2008 Warning This is one more sample text First line contains informtation (date etc) and the 2nd line contains some information. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssunda6
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: How to read buffer for spawn

Hi All, I have to write one expect script to login to one system. I am using set timeout -1 match_max 100000 spawn ssh root@hostname Now when I do spawn ssh to that host it send some warning message and one challenge Challenge: 111-2345 I need to read this challenge value and has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lokesh Agrawal
1 Replies

5. Programming

Cannot read a file with read(fd, buffer, buffersize) function

# include <stdio.h> # include <fcntl.h> # include <stdlib.h> # include <sys/stat.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int fRead, fPadded, padVal; int btRead; int BUFFSIZE = 512; char buff; if (argc != 4) { printf ("Please provide all of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naranja18she
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED/AWK file read & manipulation

I have large number of data files, close to 300 files, lets say all files are same kind and have extension .dat , each file have mulitple lines in it. There is a unique line in each file containing string 'SERVER'. Right after this line there is another line which contain a string 'DIGIT=0',... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sal_tx
4 Replies

7. Programming

Maximum buffer size for read()

Hi friends, Hope everybody is fine. First have a look at my code, then we will talk about it. $ cat copy.c #include <stdio.h> #define PERMS 0644 /* RW for owner, R for group, others */ #define BUFSIZE 1 char *progname; int main(int argc,char * argv) { int f1, f2, n; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Input buffer and READ

Hello everyone, Can someone please explain the input buffer behaviour for the read command in ksh93 on AIX? I have 'googled' for weeks now, and did not find a satisfactory answer or solution to my dilemma. I have the following code: STTY=$(stty -g) if ;then stty -echo -icanon time 0 min... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gio001
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

IP Scanner tool

Hey guys.. What is the best tool that can be used on Linux for IP scanning tool that can bring ping status, hostname, and any other open service. I wish I can find a tool like "The Dude" from Mikrotik, but that works only under Windows. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
4 Replies

10. Hardware

Epson Scanner

Running Debian 8.5 on a Dell Laptop I have an Epson V39 scanner. Simple scan cannot detect it. Here is what I have: root@server1:/home/server1# sane-find-scanner # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the # result is different from what you expected, first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
2 Replies
Barcode::IATA2of5(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Barcode::IATA2of5(3pm)

NAME
GD::Barcode::IATA2of5 - Create IATA2of5 barcode image with GD SYNOPSIS
ex. CGI use GD::Barcode::IATA2of5; binmode(STDOUT); print "Content-Type: image/png "; print GD::Barcode::IATA2of5->new('1234567890')->plot->png; with Error Check my $oGdBar = GD::Barcode::IATA2of5->new('A12345678'); die $GD::Barcode::IATA2of5::errStr unless($oGdBar); #Invalid Characters $oGdBar->plot->png; DESCRIPTION
GD::Barcode::IATA2of5 is a subclass of GD::Barcode and allows you to create IATA2of5 barcode image with GD. new $oGdBar = GD::Barcode::IATA2of5->new($sTxt); Constructor. Creates a GD::Barcode::IATA2of5 object for $sTxt. $sTxt has numeric characters([0-9]). plot() $oGd = $oGdBar->plot([Height => $iHeight, NoText => 0 | 1]); creates GD object with barcode image for the $sTxt specified at new method. $iHeight is height of the image. If NoText is 1, the image has no text image of $sTxt. ex. my $oGdB = GD::Barcode::IATA2of5->new('12345678'); my $oGD = $oGdB->plot(NoText=>1, Height => 20); # $sGD is a GD image with Height=>20 pixels, with no text. barcode() $sPtn = $oGdBar->barcode(); returns a barcode pattern in string with '1' and '0'. '1' means black, '0' means white. ex. my $oGdB = GD::Barcode::IATA2of5->new('12345678'); my $sPtn = $oGdB->barcode(); $errStr $GD::Barcode::IATA2of5::errStr has error message. $text $oGdBar->{$text} has barcode text based on $sTxt specified in new method. AUTHOR
Kawai Takanori GCD00051@nifty.ne.jp COPYRIGHT
The GD::Barocde::IATA2of5 module is Copyright (c) 2000 Kawai Takanori. Japan. All rights reserved. You may distribute under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
GD::Barcode perl v5.12.3 2003-05-29 Barcode::IATA2of5(3pm)