Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using script command inside a script or emulating it Post 302968995 by syntax_eror on Wednesday 16th of March 2016 11:52:12 PM
Old 03-17-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubler_XL
How about using:

Code:
Lessons/codeGames/Workshop6/w6.out  | tee w6.txt

Edit: Sorry didn't see you'd tried this. I suspect your c program is detecting the stdout is not a terminal and is functioning differently.
Some script versions allow -c command eg:

Code:
script -c Lessons/codeGames/Workshop6/w6.out w6.txt

YES! Smilie script -c is it! Thank you so much!!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the command inside perl script

I have a command which will run fine in a unix command prompt. Can you tell how to interprete this command inside perl script...... The command is : perl -pe 's/(\|333\}.*)\}$/$1|1.6}/' FIA.txt This will search for the number 333 and appends 1.6 at the end of that line....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay123
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exit out of the Script Command inside a Script

I'm new to Linux. I have a bash script that invokes an executable. I'd like use the SCRIPT command inside the script and exit out of the script command after it writes to the file. Does this make sense? Below is an example of the contents of my script. #BEGIN SCRIPT script typescript... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmungai
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

keep mail command active inside a script on unix

well, I have a script with this code inside: nohup /usr/sbin/auditstream | /usr/sbin/auditselect -m -e "event== USER_Create || event== USER_Remove || event== USER_Change || event== GROUP_Create || event== GROUP_Remove || event== GROUP_Change || event== PASSWORD_Change " | /usr/sbin/auditpr -h... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor a command inside shell script

Hi All, Is there any way to monitor a command inside shell script ? I have a script inside which I have a tar command which zips around 200GB data. tar zcvf $Bckp_Dir/$Box-BaseBackup-$Day.tar.gz * --exclude 'dbserver_logs/*' --exclude postmaster.pid --exclude 'pg_xlog/*' I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussus2326
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ssh command inside a script

Hi, I have a script file in server A. Inside the script file, I first have a ssh command that will connect to a remote server B. In the same script file itself, I have a sequence of commands that has to be run in server B. I am embedding these commands in the script file that I have in server A.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mick_000
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command timeout from inside script.

Hi, I've written a very robust script to get an external IP address from 'behind' a router. It uses many web pages randomly choosing which one/ones to use at run time. The "fetch the web page containing the IP address" is handled by either wget or curl both of which have their 'max time for the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can i use if else inside expect command in shell script?

hii,, I am trying to automate jira. during my scripting using bash script, in the terminal i got the terminal message like this: "Configure which ports JIRA will use. JIRA requires two TCP ports that are not being used by any other applications on this machine. The HTTP port is where you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nithinfluent
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with ls command inside script

Hi , DIR1 has only one file with .txt extension , trying to get the size of that file using the following script #!/bin/ksh foldr_1="/etc/DIR1" #echo "$foldr_1" sze_fdr1=$(ls -ltr foldr_1/*.txt |awk '{ print $5 }') echo "$sze_fdr1" After executing the above script getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smile689
1 Replies
source(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 source(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
source - Evaluate a file or resource as a Tcl script SYNOPSIS
source fileName source -rsrc resourceName ?fileName? source -rsrcid resourceId ?fileName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command takes the contents of the specified file or resource and passes it to the Tcl interpreter as a text script. The return value from source is the return value of the last command executed in the script. If an error occurs in evaluating the contents of the script then the source command will return that error. If a return command is invoked from within the script then the remainder of the file will be skipped and the source command will return normally with the result from the return command. The end-of-file character for files is '32' (^Z) for all platforms. The source command will read files up to this character. This | restriction does not exist for the read or gets commands, allowing for files containing code and data segments (scripted documents). If | you require a ``^Z'' in code for string comparison, you can use ``32'' or ``u001a'', which will be safely substituted by the Tcl inter- | preter into ``^Z''. The -rsrc and -rsrcid forms of this command are only available on Macintosh computers. These versions of the command allow you to source a script from a TEXT resource. You may specify what TEXT resource to source by either name or id. By default Tcl searches all open resource files, which include the current application and any loaded C extensions. Alternatively, you may specify the fileName where the TEXT resource can be found. SEE ALSO
file(n), cd(n) KEYWORDS
file, script Tcl source(n)