Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Receiving: 4B436A3D 0313233216 T H fscsi0 LINK ERROR Post 302968896 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 15th of March 2016 04:24:47 PM
Old 03-15-2016
I see this thread has been open for over a day without resolution so, although I'm not qualified to answer the specifics, I thought I'd chip in anyway.

Firstly, my disclaimer. I'm not an AIX expert by any means and I have no knowledge of the LP11002. However, I do know the QL2464 very well and I was the technical director of a storage distributor many years ago and we shipped loads of fibre channel kit. So all I can do is tell you where I'd be looking in the first instance. I could well be completely wrong but here goes...........

The symptoms you describe indicate that everything is fine until the link gets really busy, then it screws up. Normal FC payload is 2112 giving a MTU of 2148 bytes total allowing for headers, etc. Some FC adapters support "jumbo" packets with a payload up to 9000 giving a MTU of 9036 bytes with headers. If the adapter supports jumbos, whether jumbo packets are enabled or not is a setting in the adapter BIOS. So if one adapter is set for jumbo and the other doesn't support jumbo then everything will work find with low traffic but when things really get going one of the adapters suddenly sends a jumbo packet that the other adapter cannot understand. So if I was fighting this issue I would look at both adapters and set the max payload to 2112 or the max MTU to 2148 or set the "support jumbo packets=no". Then test to see if the problem has gone away.

Needless to say, should you get to a known good working situation only change one thing at a time afterwards and fully test that it hasn't screwed up again.

I have no clue whether this will help you or not.

Good luck anyway.

Last edited by hicksd8; 03-15-2016 at 05:35 PM..
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Link Edit Error, Help!!!!!

Hi, After I installed gcc on my machine and issued a command to compile a program, I did gcc -c 'prog'.c The object file was created, then I did gcc -o 'prog' 'prog'.o Then I got this error message I have been reading man pages and searching the internet but have not been able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rachael
1 Replies

2. Linux

link error problem

Dear linuxers, I'm a novice in C++ programming. I wrote a ReadFile class in file ReadFile.cpp. After that, I wrote a test.cpp, which contains a main function, to test whether my class work well. I follow the following steps to compile the ReadFile.cpp file. g++296 -c ReadFile.cpp -o... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: niukun
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Receiving error on Unix server-- java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: registerNatives

Hi all, This is my first shell script, so I'm hoping the problem is that I'm just missing something, and not something bigger. I have a Java application that I wrote in WSAD that reads data from an Excel file and inserts values into a DB2 database. I'm able to run it successfully in WSAD. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: loveToBlade
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why am i receiving too many argument error with this?

#!/bin/bash while do codes done it says line 2: [: too many arguments why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garfish
4 Replies

6. Programming

g++ fails to link to static library when compilation and link in single command

Hello All, I've encountered a strange behaviour from g++ that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you can shed some light on it: I have a bunch of source files and want to compile them and link them with a static library liba.a located in /usr/local/lib64 into an executable Approach 1 works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magelord
0 Replies

7. AIX

Error opening device: /dev/fscsi0

Hello, One one of my AIX boxes I'm having the following errror: fcstat fcs0: Port Speed (supported): 4 GBIT Error opening device: /dev/fscsi0 errno: 0000003d Has anyone encountered similar errors? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

9. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (interface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# cat /var/adm//messages Apr 20 03:10:01 Prod-App1 syslogd: line 25: WARNING: loghost could not be resolved Apr 20 08:24:18 Prod-App1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
0 Replies

10. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (insterface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages Apr 22 16:43:05 Prod-App1 in.routed: interface net0 to 172.16.101.1 turned off Apr 22 16:43:33 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link up, 1000 Mbps, full duplex Apr 22 16:43:34 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
2 Replies
LINK(2) 							System Calls Manual							   LINK(2)

NAME
link - make a hard link to a file SYNOPSIS
link(name1, name2) char *name1, *name2; DESCRIPTION
A hard link to name1 is created; the link has the name name2. Name1 must exist. With hard links, both name1 and name2 must be in the same file system. Unless the caller is the super-user, name1 must not be a directory. Both the old and the new link share equal access and rights to the underlying object. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
Link will fail and no link will be created if one or more of the following are true: [ENOTDIR] A component of either path prefix is not a directory. [EINVAL] Either pathname contains a character with the high-order bit set. [ENAMETOOLONG] A component of either pathname exceeded 255 characters, or entire length of either path name exceeded 1023 characters. [ENOENT] A component of either path prefix does not exist. [EACCES] A component of either path prefix denies search permission. [EACCES] The requested link requires writing in a directory with a mode that denies write permission. [ELOOP] Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating one of the pathnames. [ENOENT] The file named by name1 does not exist. [EEXIST] The link named by name2 does exist. [EPERM] The file named by name1 is a directory and the effective user ID is not super-user. [EXDEV] The link named by name2 and the file named by name1 are on different file systems. [ENOSPC] The directory in which the entry for the new link is being placed cannot be extended because there is no space left on the file system containing the directory. [EDQUOT] The directory in which the entry for the new link is being placed cannot be extended because the user's quota of disk blocks on the file system containing the directory has been exhausted. [EIO] An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system to make the directory entry. [EROFS] The requested link requires writing in a directory on a read-only file system. [EFAULT] One of the pathnames specified is outside the process's allocated address space. SEE ALSO
symlink(2), unlink(2) 4th Berkeley Distribution August 26, 1985 LINK(2)