Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AD Group Policy Management and Kerberos / LDAP Post 302968716 by Devyn on Monday 14th of March 2016 12:00:49 AM
Old 03-14-2016
I managed to get this going including HMC to AD (fully) without any local intervention required, however what remains now is how to get HBAC in. I have HBAC on users and SUDO in AD but that works allright in Linux, though it's far from production ready. I was looking for something specific for AIX to AD from IBM. No luck, even when asking our IBM representatives, they were not even aware that you can have HMC to AD fully integrated without having to create local accounts. So I think I scraped the barrel of that pot quite well.

I mean to get to this in time but Cloud stuff has my head spinning at the moment.

Cheers,
Tom

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

LDAP/Kerberos Issue

I am getting the following error message when trying to login to the client: while verifying tgt If I move the /etc/krb5.keytab out of /etc, it works fine. This is HP-UX v23 Does anyone have any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhernand
1 Replies

2. AIX

Kerberos and LDAP Auth

Good day I am trying to configure Kerberos and LDAP authentication on AIX 5.3 with Windows 2003 R2 but something is not quite right. When I ran kinit username I get a ticket and I can display it using klist. When the user login I can see the ticket request on Windows 2003, but the user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mariusb
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Samba from Source on AIX, Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos

Hello, I asked this question in the AIX subforum but never received an answer, probably because the AIX forum is not that heavily trafficked. Anyway, here it is.. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
9 Replies

4. Solaris

how to assign group policy to user in solaris

hi, how to assign group policy to user in solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

QOS packet scheduler and group policy

hi, did anyone know how to configure a priority of dns ports (and other ports) on QOS on windows 2003? hard to understand the group policy "explain" tab on 'qos packet scheduler', no elaboration on how to use it. thanks for any comment you may add. ---------- Post updated at 05:03 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

6. Solaris

LDAP Problem during Kerberos setting for Win server 03 Active Directory

Hi, FYI, I'm new in Solaris I'm trying to use Kerberos on authenticating LDAP Client with the Active Directory on Windows Server 2003 on both Solaris 10 5/08 and Solaris 10 9/10 by referring to the pdf file kerberos_s10.pdf available at sun official site. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongzh
0 Replies

7. AIX

Trouble with Kerberos/LDAP and AIX 6.1

The KRB5ALDAP compound load module is giving me fits. Everything looks like it should be working, but no. Goal: Integrate AIX host with Active Directory using a KRB5ALDAP compound load module so that users can be created in AD and used in AIX, with unix attributes (registry values) being... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgeiger
2 Replies
HOSTS.EQUIV(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						    HOSTS.EQUIV(5)

NAME
hosts.equiv - list of hosts and users that are granted "trusted" r command access to your system DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/hosts.equiv allows or denies hosts and users to use the r-commands (e.g., rlogin, rsh, or rcp) without supplying a password. The file uses the following format: +|[-]hostname|+@netgroup|-@netgroup [+|[-]username|+@netgroup|-@netgroup] The hostname is the name of a host which is logically equivalent to the local host. Users logged into that host are allowed to access like-named user accounts on the local host without supplying a password. The hostname may be (optionally) preceded by a plus (+) sign. If the plus sign is used alone, it allows any host to access your system. You can explicitly deny access to a host by preceding the hostname by a minus (-) sign. Users from that host must always supply additional credentials, including possibly a password. For security reasons you should always use the FQDN of the hostname and not the short hostname. The username entry grants a specific user access to all user accounts (except root) without supplying a password. That means the user is NOT restricted to like-named accounts. The username may be (optionally) preceded by a plus (+) sign. You can also explicitly deny access to a specific user by preceding the username with a minus (-) sign. This says that the user is not trusted no matter what other entries for that host exist. Netgroups can be specified by preceding the netgroup by an @ sign. Be extremely careful when using the plus (+) sign. A simple typographical error could result in a standalone plus sign. A standalone plus sign is a wildcard character that means "any host"! FILES
/etc/hosts.equiv NOTES
Some systems will honor the contents of this file only when it has owner root and no write permission for anybody else. Some exceptionally paranoid systems even require that there be no other hard links to the file. Modern systems use the Pluggable Authentication Modules library (PAM). With PAM a standalone plus sign is considered a wildcard character which means "any host" only when the word promiscuous is added to the auth component line in your PAM file for the particular service (e.g., rlogin). EXAMPLE
Below are some example /etc/host.equiv or ~/.rhosts files. Allow any user to log in from any host: + Allow any user from host with a matching local account to log in: host Note: the use of +host is never a valid syntax, including attempting to specify that any user from the host is allowed. Allow any user from host to log in: host + Note: this is distinct from the previous example since it does not require a matching local account. Allow user from host to log in as any non-root user: host user Allow all users with matching local accounts from host to log in except for baduser: host -baduser host Deny all users from host: -host Note: the use of -host -user is never a valid syntax, including attempting to specify that a particular user from the host is not trusted. Allow all users with matching local accounts on all hosts in a netgroup: +@netgroup Disallow all users on all hosts in a netgroup: -@netgroup Allow all users in a netgroup to log in from host as any non-root user: host +@netgroup Allow all users with matching local accounts on all hosts in a netgroup except baduser: +@netgroup -baduser +@netgroup Note: the deny statements must always precede the allow statements because the file is processed sequentially until the first matching rule is found. SEE ALSO
rhosts(5), rlogind(8), rshd(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2015-07-23 HOSTS.EQUIV(5)