Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to set user password to never expire in UNIX servers Post 302968714 by suren424 on Sunday 13th of March 2016 10:35:19 PM
Old 03-13-2016
Hi,

Command is

;
Code:
chage -l -1 -m 0 -M 99999 -E -1 <username>

I will pass the username with dynamic variable which i get from the Identity application which is "__NAME__".

Thanks

Last edited by Don Cragun; 05-12-2017 at 05:18 AM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable password expire in HP UNIX

Hi, How to disable passwd expire in HP UNIX by not using SAM ? In our system SAM have some strange bugs. However due to some reason, we cannot add that patch. B. Rgds Christina (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: christina fung
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Set Password Never Expire

Hello I want to set the password for user never expire through the command line. For your information the box is running under Solaris 8 platform. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamsul
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

set password using a shell script

Hi All How can I set password in linux.It is OK if it display password in plain text in script. manually i can set: #passwd Changing password for root Enter new password: Bad password: too weak. Re-enter new password: Password changed. # I want this to be done by script.Please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tannu
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

set password not to expire

Hi All, Is this true on chage command? -M, MAX_DAYS Passing the number -1 as MAX_DAYS will remove checking a password's validity. Does this means password will not expire anymore? Thanks for any comment you may add. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I set Password to open my shell script?

Hi All, please help me on how to secure my shell script? I chnanged it to read-only mode using 'chmod'. but still i would like to set password for open the script. Is there any way? Please help me!! Thankyou all in advance!! :b: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set password/encrypt a shell script

Hi, I have written a shell script in unix for my customer. Now I want to make it only execute and not to read/write. Can anybody help me how to set password protect/encript my script. Thanks Suresh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to change the password on multiple servers in linux

Can any one please let me know the shell script to change the password for a particular user on multiple linux servers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_madras
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for login to servers with user name and password and execute commands

I am having the 15 servers which need to do the monitoring Hi I need a shell script, By which i can log in to multiple servers and execute the commands.. I need to specify the username and password in the scripts. Please help me to write the script so that it can login with username and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandan8a
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running set of commands in remote servers in shell script

Hi Wishing to all. I am very new joined in an organization as a unix system administrator. I need a help in preparing a script for a report. i have a file contains all of the linux/ubuntu servers line by line around 140 servers. vi servers.txt nh01 nh02 nh03 bh01 bh04 - - :wq (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaraswamy
3 Replies

10. AIX

Would like to get email alerts when user password going to expire

Hello, I am trying to write a shell script, which will send email alerts to Admin/users when users password is going to expire in 15 days. Can you please help me with the script. thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kumar7997
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)