Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu I can't execute a C++ program, help! Post 302968686 by rosiiieee on Sunday 13th of March 2016 01:06:05 PM
Old 03-13-2016
I can't execute a C++ program, help!

My professor gave me a code with no errors.
When I compile it's fine, it doesn't show any errors, but when I try to execute it shows this:

Code:
line 3: syntax error near unexpected token '('
line 3: 'int main()'

I searched through the Internet but I couldn't find any solution. Please!!!
Someone suggested to try with another computer, but I don't have any other computer I can try to execute the program with.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

execve to execute a program

I tried using the following code to execute a program but it doesnt seems to be working .. I would like to know whats wrong wit it . execve("/bin/cat", "words", NULL); (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: winsonlee
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute this program?

Filesystem 1024-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 32768 16016 52% 2271 14% / /dev/hd2 4587520 1889420 59% 37791 4% /usr /dev/hd9var 65536 12032 82% 518 4% /var /dev/hd3 819200 637832 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathyaac
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

C program to execute shell script

Hi, Can anyone pls give a sample to execute a shell script from C program Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baigmd
2 Replies

5. Programming

C program to execute shell script

Hi, Can anyone give me a sample code to execute shell script from C program. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baigmd
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to execute program without using ./ or sh

Hi, I am a complete newbie for unix. I have just installed mysql on my MAC. I was wondering every time I wanted to use mysql I had to ./mysql or sh mysql everytime on /usr/local/bin/mysql/bin. How can I execute the mysql program without using ./ or sh. I chmod +x already. And what do I have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noppanit
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a C program from Shell

Hi I want to create a shell script tha executes a C program and then retrieves information about it. I managed to run the program with: #!/bin/bash gcc -o program program.c ./program Now i want to get the id of the process (pid) Any help would be appreciated, Thank you (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: nteath
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute C program in Current shell

Hello, I have a c program executable which I need to run inside a shell script. But the c program runs in a subshell because of which all the actions done by the c program is not available to the current shell. Is there any way to execute a C program binary executable in the current shell? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinverma
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a command after a program was launched

Hi Experts, I am creating a script to monitor a certain applications running in my Unix system. My script order goes this way: df -h /of/a/filesystem tail -5 /path/to/an/application/availability su -c "jsmon pf=(profile of my application) `echo "p"`" usradm #EOF I am... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xworks
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Program Does not execute

Hi there, When I am trying to execute any shell script. The shell script only execute line 1 and I notice that the rest o the program was not executed. Please advise. # bash +x vmscript-4.sh Even when I enter this command there is not output. sudo su cd /tmp cp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies
unbound-checkconf(8)						  unbound 1.4.17					      unbound-checkconf(8)

NAME
unbound-checkconf - Check unbound configuration file for errors. SYNOPSIS
unbound-checkconf [-h] [-o option] [cfgfile] DESCRIPTION
Unbound-checkconf checks the configuration file for the unbound(8) DNS resolver for syntax and other errors. The config file syntax is described in unbound.conf(5). The available options are: -h Show the version and commandline option help. -o option If given, after checking the config file the value of this option is printed to stdout. For "" (disabled) options an empty line is printed. cfgfile The config file to read with settings for unbound. It is checked. If omitted, the config file at the default location is checked. EXIT CODE
The unbound-checkconf program exits with status code 1 on error, 0 for a correct config file. FILES
/etc/unbound/unbound.conf unbound configuration file. SEE ALSO
unbound.conf(5), unbound(8). NLnet Labs May 24, 2012 unbound-checkconf(8)