Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How can AIX get the disk serial number? Post 302968663 by agent.kgb on Saturday 12th of March 2016 03:04:36 PM
Old 03-12-2016
1. it gets not after cfgmgr, but during using SCSI inquiry, I suppose - The Linux SCSI programming HOWTO: Inquiry Command Example

2. nobody is responsible for updating CuVPD. Serial number of a disk can't be changed. If you change a disk, you can remove it from the system and run cfgmgr again to get new information.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

serial number for E3500

just wanted to know the serial number of my machine E3500 with Solaris 8 installed.Does any one who what's the command that i can use when the OS is running?( not with the Banner Command!) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tape Serial Number

Hello Experts, I've got a shell script that makes the backup of the files that i want. I also have this script showing the amount of files backed up and in witch folders they are. It's only missing one thing. I got all the information beeing stored in a text file and all i've got to do is to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
6 Replies

3. AIX

how to find serial number

hi how to find ( server machine )serial number throught the command in AIX thanks for your replay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
3 Replies

4. Programming

hard disk serial number

can anybody tell me API for find serial number of local hard disk or remote hard disk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munnu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Display Serial Number

Hello, I am running Solaris 9 and I need to display the serial number of my machine. How can I do this? Here is my machine info: SunOS birch 5.9 Generic_118558-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 Thank you, David (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Serial number

Hi Solarizer ;) I have face the difficulties of gathering information about the serial number of sun machine. i think its can do so easy while the machine is just one or two. But i have to administrate hundreds of sun machine. Any body knows how to gather this information by the command ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpx99
4 Replies

7. Linux

Device serial number

Hey! I'm trying to figure out a sollution for a problem I have at my company with an Iomega MiniMax 500 GB USB disk. If i run cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get this information: T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=04 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0 D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Anyone know how to get Serial number with 1 command?

Solaris8 Anyone help? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
27 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help about bind serial number

Hello folks. Please let me understand the bind serial number. I am confuse. 13011321 ---------- Post updated at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:55 AM ---------- Thanks problem is solved. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies
vxreattach(1M)															    vxreattach(1M)

NAME
vxreattach - reattach disk drives that have once again become accessible SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxreattach [-br ] [accessname...] /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach -c accessname DESCRIPTION
The vxreattach utility reattaches disks to the disk group they were in and retains the same media name. This operation may be necessary if a disk has a transient failure, or if Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) starts with some disk drivers unloaded and unloadable. Disks then enter the failed state. If the problem is fixed, vxreattach may be able to reattach the disks without plexes being flagged as stale, as long as the reattach happens before any volumes on the disk are started. vxreattach tries to find a disk in the same disk group with the same disk ID for the disk(s) to be reattached. The reattach operation may fail even after finding the disk with the matching disk ID if the original cause (or some other cause) for the disk failure still exists. vxreattach is usually invoked by vxdiskadm when performing disk recovery. It is not intended to be run directly by an administrator. OPTIONS
-b Performs the reattach operation in the background. -c Checks if a reattach is possible. No operation is performed, but the name of the disk group and disk media name at which the disk can be reattached is displayed. -r Tries to recover stale plexes of any volumes on the failed disk. It does this by calling vxrecover. EXIT CODES
A zero exit status is returned if the reattach is performed; non-zero is returned otherwise. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. EXAMPLES
Check if reattachment of disk c1t2d0 is possible: /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach -c c1t2d0 If reattachment is possible, vxreattach returns with an exit status of 0 and displays the disk group name and disk media name. If reat- tachment is not possible, vxreattach returns an exit status of 2 and displays an error. Attempt to reattach the disk in the foreground and try to recover stale plexes of any volumes on the disk: /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach -r c1t2d0 If the reattachment is successful, vxreattach returns an exit status of 0. Otherwise, if an error occurs, vxreattach returns a non-zero exit code as defined on vxintro(1M). FILES
/etc/default/vxplex Standard defaults file that can be used to determine whether FastResync is used when attaching plexes. See vxplex(1M) for details. SEE ALSO
vxdiskadm(1M), vxintro(1M), vxplex(1M), vxrecover(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxreattach(1M)