Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris not booting with new BE after performing Liveupgrade. Post 302968631 by br1an on Saturday 12th of March 2016 12:04:05 AM
Old 03-12-2016
Did you activate the new BE?
What's the output of the lustatus before reboot?
The new BE should be activated, from what I see it's not active on reboot.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solairs 9 to Solaris 10 liveupgrade issue

Hello, I started the upgrade using LiveUpgrade. I am using Solaris 10 instalation CDs (5 CDs). My server is Enterprise 3500 - SPARC. 1) lucreate -c first_disk -m /:/dev/dsk/c0t11d0s7:ufs -n second_disk ... luupgrade -u -n second_disk -s /cdrom/cdrom0/s0 WARNING: <5> packages failed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zafyil
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris m/c not booting

My Solaris machine is not booting.It just stops at the point Boot device: /pci@1e,600000/ide@d/disk@0,0:a File and args: Whether i try boot or boot -s it is stopping at this point.. I tried boot cdom -s.It went into single user mode but I am not able to run a fsck in this mode. Right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
1 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 10 liveupgrade issues

I got this output from a system running solaris 10 : # lustatus BE_name Complete Active ActiveOnReboot CopyStatus -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- oldvol yes yes yes - newvol no no no - bigvol no no no - # How do i remove (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris liveupgrade will NOT boot into new BE

OK, latest in a loooong trail of errors with no information. I've finally gotten a new BE created on another drive, run liveupgrade on it to bring it from sol10u3 to sol10u8 I luactivate sol10u8 lustatus shows the sol10u8 as the active one init 6 system just starts into 10u3 again. I'm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awoodby
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with booting Solaris 9

Folks; I have a Solaris 9 server that after power outage it won't come fully up and i was able to bring it up in single user mode and checked "/var/log/messages" & "/var/adm/messages" with nothing showing since Sept. 17. i ran fsck and no luck. I ran all tests from the OK prompt with no luck... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Booting Solaris 10/09

What type of communication does Solaris 10/09 need to do with it's default gateway before it can boot up? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstauffer
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 liveupgrade/ABE advice

Hi all, I have got a few questions on the above topic -> q1) if my intention for creating an ABE is just to use for patching / patchset update - e.g. ./installpatchset -B secondboot --s10patchset luactivate secondboot What is the recommendation that my ABE should consist of ?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
5 Replies
reboot(3C)																reboot(3C)

NAME
reboot - reboot system or halt processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> int reboot(int howto, char *bootargs); The reboot() function reboots the system. The howto argument specifies the behavior of the system while rebooting and is a mask con- structed by a bitwise-inclusive-OR of flags from the following list: RB_AUTOBOOT The machine is rebooted from the root filesystem on the default boot device. This is the default behavior. See boot(1M) and kernel(1M). RB_HALT The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. This option should be used with caution. RB_ASKNAME Interpreted by the bootstrap program and kernel, causing the user to be asked for pathnames during the bootstrap. RB_DUMP The system is forced to panic immediately without any further processing and a crash dump is written to the dump device (see dumpadm(1M)) before rebooting. Any other howto argument causes the kernel file to boot. The interpretation of the bootargs argument is platform-dependent. Upon successful completion, reboot() never returns. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. The reboot() function will fail if: EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_CONFIG} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. intro(1M), boot(1M), dumpadm(1M), halt(1M), init(1M), kernel(1M), reboot(1M), uadmin(2) 22 Mar 2004 reboot(3C)