Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can't get my program to run -- GC calculator? Post 302968617 by haley6719 on Friday 11th of March 2016 02:51:27 PM
Old 03-11-2016
I updated it for you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to run debugging on c program

Can someone help me debug a c program I am running? It gives me segmentation fault. I want to turn on debugging. Can some one give the command to turn it on? Below is the error I get: Segmentation Fault (core dumped) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibeg
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting a program to run

Please help, I have tried to run this program countless times and still nothing. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. $ cat>test count=1 while do echo "5" read number echo $5 let count=count+ 1 done exit 0 ^C$ ksh test $ ^C $ ksh test $ $ nothing happend (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctiamaria
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i run a program while in Unix?....

Im new and wanted to know if im in the unix terminal and lets say i want to run microsoft word for example. i go in and go into the HD and then keep going and i type ls and see that microsoft word.app is there. how do i run it from that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corrail
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i run java program from any where

Hello all sorry didnt know where to post it i compiled simple program that using "System.getProperty("user.dir");" now i compiled the program under directory foo and and its running great when i do "java myapp" i included this directory in the $PATH env variable so i could see it fro any where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculator program..

Hey can anyone tell me the korn script code to implement an interactive integer calculator using the shell's built in arithemetic expression evaluation (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahithi_khushi
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot run program

Hi, I have a program in /opt/local/bin, my path in my .profile is export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH however when i type the program name it cannot find it, however i know the program is in /opt/local/bin? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell program in perl

Hello , I want to run some shell scripts in my perl script. I need to read the script's name from a file ( this file includes the name of all the scripts) and run the script one by one.. Please let me know how to go .. Thanks in advance, Radha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s123.radha
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hey, im editing the passwd file so that when the user ben logs in it runs my assign program. I changed the last column from to Then when i log in i get... There is no problem with the program because it runs fine when i open it normally. Any help much appreciated. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFC_99
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to run this socket program in C

i have created two files named server and client then when i run the server program it says the server is waiting(./server 5555) then when i run the client program it says "client error:connection refused" can u plz help me to run it?:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedah160
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program as another user

I have a bash script that launches another problem. I need to run that program under a certain user account. The script itself is run using 'sudo <scriptname>'. #!/bin/bash myprogram=... exec "$myprogram" How would this be done? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Carson Dyle
1 Replies
ODBC_SPECIALCOLUMNS(3)							 1						    ODBC_SPECIALCOLUMNS(3)

odbc_specialcolumns - Retrieves special columns

SYNOPSIS
resource odbc_specialcolumns (resource $connection_id, int $type, string $qualifier, string $owner, string $table, int $scope, int $nullable) DESCRIPTION
Retrieves either the optimal set of columns that uniquely identifies a row in the table, or columns that are automatically updated when any value in the row is updated by a transaction. PARAMETERS
o $connection_id -The ODBC connection identifier, see odbc_connect(3) for details. o $type - When the type argument is SQL_BEST_ROWID, odbc_specialcolumns(3) returns the column or columns that uniquely identify each row in the table. When the type argument is SQL_ROWVER, odbc_specialcolumns(3) returns the column or columns in the specified table, if any, that are automatically updated by the data source when any value in the row is updated by any transaction. o $qualifier - The qualifier. o $owner - The owner. o $table - The table. o $scope - The scope, which orders the result set. o $nullable - The nullable option. RETURN VALUES
Returns an ODBC result identifier or FALSE on failure. The result set has the following columns: oSCOPE oCOLUMN_NAME oDATA_TYPE oTYPE_NAME oPRECISION oLENGTH oSCALE oPSEUDO_COLUMN PHP Documentation Group ODBC_SPECIALCOLUMNS(3)