Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Copied prtvtoc to original disk Post 302968574 by jlliagre on Friday 11th of March 2016 05:44:47 AM
Old 03-11-2016
As everything but the vtoc is still on disk, you might be able to rebuild the vtoc by analyzing the disk contents and searching for file system magic numbers.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

monitoring files copied onto hard disk

hi... i need pointers to books/website... 'm trytin to write a daemon that monitors files of particular type(eg. text or pdfs) copied onto the hard disk. the daemon should detect the above n write the file name (along with the absolute path) to a file. please DO NOT give me the code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_abhijith
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ignoring already copied files

I'm almost brand new to UNIX, so I have no idea if how easy or difficult this would be, or if it's even possible. I've been using FTP to copy a total of about 150gb of files to a remote drive. Since the directory being copied is so large, I've been trying to break it up into smaller chunks based... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvandyke
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check file is being copied

I wanna check whether a file is being copied ,i.e the file size is increasing. Thanks for your help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anhkeen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

prtvtoc command

If i have diks layout like below 0 root wm 0 - 634 471.29MB (635/0/0) 965200 1 var wm 635 - 2014 1.00GB (1380/0/0) 2097600 2 backup wm 0 - 2732 1.98GB (2733/0/0) 4154160 3 swap wu 2015 - 2704 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tpx99
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Output from prtvtoc

Hi All, when i run the command prtvtoc the output shows 38309 cylinders 38307 accessible cylinders as per my undertanding the 1st cylinder is used for storing the vtoc , how about the second cylinder ? where its used and for what purpose? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

6. Solaris

fmthard showing error with prtvtoc

Hi all, I am trying to use the disk for mirror where in the mirror disk is of 160 gb and the rootdisk is of 80 gb. when i am trying to write the vtoc i am getting below error i tried the below command #prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 |fmthard -s -/dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s0 and got below ... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
26 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I may have copied unix script !

How to write unix scripts which I may have been copied from the command prompt into the shell.. Can we do an FTP ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Taekit
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Hard disk partition on Original windows 7 Home Premium

Respected Members, I am using compaq CQ41, with factory install windows 7, there is three drives namely (local Disk( c: ) 158 GB free of 281 GB), (RECOVERY( D: ) 2.69 GB free of 16.7GB) and (HP_TOOLS( E: ) 92.7 MB free of 99.3 MB). i don't want to lost it,but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay Tyagi
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Prtvtoc not working

Hi, I am trying to mirror a disk (which was already mirror and after breaking it, doing it again). This is root disk and in control of veritas. Somehow, slice information is not coming correctly on this. Can somebody give some pointer to fix it ? root@tdrp091:/root# prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c3t0d0s2 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)