Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute awk output with continuous streaming input Post 302968541 by cjcox on Thursday 10th of March 2016 03:38:16 PM
Old 03-10-2016
Have your awk output commands for the shell and pipe that into sh.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk should output if one input file doesnt have matching key

nawk -F, 'FNR==NR{a= $3 ;next} $2 in a{print $1, 'Person',$2, a}' OFS=, filea fileb Input filea Input fileb output i am getting : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass input and output file as parameter to awk script

Hi, i am new to awk. I am using csv2pipe script(shown below) BEGIN { FS=SUBSEP; OFS="|" } { result = setcsv($0, ",") print } # setcsv(str, sep) - parse CSV (MS specification) input # str, the string to be parsed. (Most likely $0.) # sep, the separator between the values. # #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskarjha178
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the continuous occurence of pattern using awk ?

Hello all, I have a input file like this. input file --------------- abc ab001 + ab002 zca acb ab006 + ab007 caz cba ab003 + ab004 zca bac ab004 - ab005 zac bca ab002 - ab003 cza cba ab005 + ab006 acz cba ab005 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: admax
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect an awk string output to a script input with pipes

Hi, I have a function in a bash script that returns a string after some operations using awk. The following code returns 555 $VARIABLE="EXAMPLE" get_number $VARIABLE this value I'd like to pass it as a second argument of another script with the following usage myscript.sh <param1>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rid
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect output to the same input file in awk

Hi, I want to compare a value from test file and redirect the o/p value to the same file input file 250 32000 32 128 Below is my code awk '{ if ($1 < "300") print $1 > /tmp/test}' test want to compare 250 < 300 then print 300 to the same place below is the... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
24 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk for streaming data - if/then

Hello, I've written an awk one-liner to parse a stream of real-time data. I invoke a program that gives me output from which I extract a few columns, perform some simple calculations, and then stream that data into a portal using an http string. It's tricky because I have to run it every second... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jm4smtddd
2 Replies
SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool						SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-path - GNU shtool command dealing with shell path variables SYNOPSIS
shtool path [-s|--suppress] [-r|--reverse] [-d|--dirname] [-b|--basename] [-m|--magic] [-p|--path path] str [str ...] DESCRIPTION
This command deals with shell $PATH variables. It can find a program through one or more filenames given by one or more str arguments. It prints the absolute filesystem path to the program displayed on "stdout" plus an exit code of 0 if it was really found. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -s, --suppress Supress output. Useful to only test whether a program exists with the help of the return code. -r, --reverse Transform a forward path to a subdirectory into a reverse path. -d, --dirname Output the directory name of str. -b, --basename Output the base name of str. -m, --magic Enable advanced magic search for ""perl"" and ""cpp"". -p, --path path Search in path. Default is to search in $PATH. EXAMPLE
# shell script awk=`shtool path -p "${PATH}:." gawk nawk awk` perl=`shtool path -m perl` cpp=`shtool path -m cpp` revpath=`shtool path -r path/to/subdir` HISTORY
The GNU shtool path command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1998 for Apache. It was later taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), which(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)