Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk RS/ORS error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk RS/ORS error Post 302968481 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 9th of March 2016 06:00:15 PM
Old 03-09-2016
Code:
awk '
/^@/ && m && c > .6 {printf m;}          # if line starts with @ and string m exists and criteria is > .6 print string m
/^@/ {r=NR+1; m=""; c=0;}                # if line starts with @ store the next record # in variable r; clear string m; clear criteria
{m=m $0 "\n";}                           # concatenate line to string m
r==NR {c=gsub(/[GC]/, "x")/length($0);}  # if record number matches stored record number evaluate criteria and store result in variable c
END { if (m && c > .6) printf m;}        # at end of file print string m if it exists and criteria is > .6
' input.file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rs and ors in gawk ...????

:D dear members I have a good knowledge of gawk and seem to do quite well with it.. but I have never understood what the use of the rs and ors are for or how they are used.. i am thinking they are for seperating lines and paragraphs but i have absolutely no idea how to make it work, if that is what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in awk

var1=`echo "emp,dept,salgrade" | awk -F, '{print NF}'` count=1 while ; do i=`expr $count` tname=`echo "emp,dept,salgrade" | awk -F, '{ print $(echo $i) }'` count=$count+1; echo ${tname}; echo $count done I want to store in tname=emp, tname=dept,tname=salgrade I am getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk error -- awk: 0602-562 Field $() is not correct.

typeset -i i=1 while read -r filename; do Splitfile=`$Targetfile_$i.txt` awk 'substr($0,1,5) == substr($filename,1,5) && substr($0,526,2) == substr($filename,6,2) && substr($0,750,12) == substr($filename,8,12)' $SourceFilename >> $Splitfile i=i+1 done < /tmp/list.out I am using this logic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pukars4u
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command in script gives error while same awk command at prompt runs fine: Why?

Hello all, Here is what my bash script does: sums number columns, saves the tot in new column, outputs if tot >= threshold val: > cat getnon0file.sh #!/bin/bash this="getnon0file.sh" USAGE=$this" InFile="xyz.38" Min="0.05" # awk '{sum=0; for(n=2; n<=NF; n++){sum+=$n};... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalys
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk error

Hi Team, I have .csv file in the following format .csv file TAB1;COL1;DATATYPE;NOTNULL;WITH DEFAULT TAB2;COL1;DATATYPE;NOTNULL;WITH DEFAULT .... .... .... output: ALTER TABLE TAB1. add COL1 DATATYPE NOTNULL WITH DEFAULT; ALTER TABLE TAB2 add COL1 DATATYPE NOTNULL WITH DEFAULT; I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output yields error: awk:can't open job_name (Autosys)

Good evening, Im newbie at unix specially with awk From an scheduler program called Autosys i want to extract some data reading an inputfile that comprises jobs names, then formating the output to columns for example 1. This is the inputfile: $ more MapaRep.txt ds_extra_nikira_usuarios... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
18 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No error in awk...

Hi all... In the OSX forum I am starting a new awk project to learn awk. In this code snippet I have had to check boundaries to ensure that no NUMERICAL error occurs in the rest of the code... printf "Enter frequency required:- "; getline FREQ; RATE=(BYTES*FREQ); if ( RATE <= 4000 ) {... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : ORS not to be printed after the last record

Hello Team, here is the code: scripts]# ls /etc/init.d/ | awk 'BEGIN{ORS=" && "} /was.init/ && !/interdependentwas/ && !/NodeAgent/ && !/dmgr/{print "\$\{service_cmd\} "$0 " status"}' 2>/dev/null ${service_cmd} cmserver_was.init status && ${service_cmd} fmserver_was.init status &&... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana.hs
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can someone please explain why we need to set ORS in below awk code?

Question: Write a command to print the fields in a text file in reverse order? awk 'BEGIN {ORS=""} { for(i=NF;i>0;i--) print $i," "; print "\n"}' filename I was thinking it should be (what is the need to set ORS="" ? )- awk 'BEGIN { for(i=NF;i>0;i--) print $i," "; print "\n"}' filename (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
kclog(1M)																 kclog(1M)

NAME
kclog - manage kernel configuration log file SYNOPSIS
config] string] type] name] [count] comment DESCRIPTION
is the administrative command for the HP-UX kernel configuration log file. The log file is automatically maintained by all of the kernel configuration commands (and Any change to any kernel configuration gets logged to this log file, which is located at Note that this file is a plain text file which can be viewed and manipulated using standard Unix file management commands; exists simply for convenience in find- ing particular log file entries. Under normal usage, prints the last count entries in the log file. When one of the options is specified, prints the last count entries that match the specified criteria. If count is not specified, it defaults to 1. Options will print all entries matching criteria. If this option is not specified, will only print the last count entries that match the specified criteria. will print only log file entries describing changes to the saved kernel configuration named config. If this option is not specified, will print log file entries describing changes to any saved or running kernel configuration. will not print any entries. Instead, will create a new entry, as if a kernel configuration change had been made, containing the specified comment. This option is only allowed for users with appropriate privileges. will print only log file entries that contain the given string. will print only log file entries that refer to a configuration object (module or tunable) of the given name. will print only log file entries that refer to configuration objects of the specified type: or RETURN VALUE
returns zero for success. It returns non-zero and prints a diagnostic message if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
To see the last three entries in the log: To see the last entry for the tunable To see the last five entries for module changes: To see all entries for module changes: To see the last entry mentioning Aberdeen: WARNINGS
The format of the log file may be changed without notice. Some configuration changes can be made without using the kernel configuration commands. No log file entries are made for such changes. The log file should not be manually edited. Doing so may cause to behave unpredictably. SEE ALSO
kcmodule(1M), kconfig(1M), kctune(1M), kconfig(5). available on kclog(1M)