Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Debian As A Router [Not Assigning IPs] Post 302968472 by jgt on Wednesday 9th of March 2016 04:53:58 PM
Old 03-09-2016
You might consider FREESCO Project

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

routing rules for dmz in debian router.

Hi to all. There are eth0(wan) eth1(lan) and eth3(dmz) in my debian router. In dmz is planing dns, ad, dhcp, smtp/pop/imap, https(web-based imap client). I don't configured rules on "iptables" and "route" loads for right relation lan clients with dmz services. Please explain me example... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sotich82
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies
HOSTAPD(8)							      hostapd								HOSTAPD(8)

NAME
hostapd - IEEE 802.11 AP, IEEE 802.1X/WPA/WPA2/EAP/RADIUS Authenticator SYNOPSIS
hostapd [-hdBKtv] [-P <PID file>] <configuration file(s)> DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the hostapd daemon. hostapd is a user space daemon for access point and authentication servers. It implements IEEE 802.11 access point management, IEEE 802.1X/WPA/WPA2/EAP Authenticators and RADIUS authentication server. The current version supports Linux (Host AP, madwifi, mac80211-based drivers) and FreeBSD (net80211). hostapd is designed to be a "daemon" program that runs in the background and acts as the backend component controlling authentication. hostapd supports separate frontend programs and an example text-based frontend, hostapd_cli, is included with hostapd. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, run hostapd from the command line. -h Show usage. -d Show more debug messages. -dd Show even more debug messages. -B Run daemon in the background. -P <PID file> Path to PID file. -K Include key data in debug messages. -t Include timestamps in some debug messages. -v Show hostapd version. SEE ALSO
hostapd_cli(1). AUTHOR
hostapd was written by Jouni Malinen <j@w1.fi>. This manual page was written by Faidon Liambotis <faidon@cube.gr>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). hostapd April 7, 2005 HOSTAPD(8)