Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Splitting log files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Splitting log files Post 302968368 by Stacked on Tuesday 8th of March 2016 06:52:43 PM
Old 03-08-2016
Thank you, I am now using awk to accomplish this task. This helped a lot, thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting the files

Hi, I'am using HP-UX.I have a input file which has 102 drop statements in it.I'am using csplit to split the files.The upper limit is 99 only.I'am using the -n 102 option.It says "suffix size not vaild".Any suggestions how to do it using csplit? Thanx in advance, sounder. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sounder123
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

splitting the files

Hi, How can i split the big file by the lines?. For eg. I wanna split the file from the line 140 to 1700. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting input files into multiple files through AWK command

Hi, I needs to split *.txt files from single directory depends on the some mutltiple input values. i have wrote the code like below for file in *.txt do grep -i -h "value1|value2" $file > $file; done. My requirment is more input values needs to be given in grep; let us say 50... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

splitting the files

Hi, I have some files with 2 million odd records which i need to split into chunks of 0.5 millions. I have the file sorted with a key column in order. The same key value can appear as 4 or 5 records in the file. Hence after splitting we are checking whether all the key values are present in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting files from one file

Hi, I have an input file like: 111 abcdefgh asdfghjk dfghjkl 222 aaaaaaa bbbbbb 333 djfhfgjktitjhgfkg 444 djdhfjkhfjkghjkfg hsbfjksdbhjkgherjklg fjkhfjklsahjgh fkrjkgnj I want to read this input file and make separate output files with the header as numric value like "111"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saltysumi
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file into 2 files ?

Hi extending to one of my previous posted query .... I am using nawk -v invar1="$aa" '{print > ("ABS\_"((/\|/)?"A\_":"B\_")invar1"\_NETWORKID.txt")}' spfile.txt to get 2 different files based on split condition i.e. "|" Similar to invar1 variable in nawk I also need one more variable... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
18 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Splitting Files Help

Hi Gurus, Lets say i have a file with some 30 records... How can i split that file into 3 files Also it shud be dynamic in the sense.. I wouldnt mind if file 1 has 15, file 2 has 10 and file 3 has 5.... Please help.. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting files

Hello all I have a file which has around 80 million records, I want to split it to 12 equal files, I tried using the split command but it is allowing me to split according to number of lines or by size. Is there a way i can split the file into 12 files without worrying about the number of lines... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sri3001
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting files into 100 files with field value

I want a script to split my file upon the last field (15) As file A,b,c,.......,01 C,v,n,.......,02 C,r,v,........,01 F,s,a,........,03 X,y,d,........,99 To make output 01.txt A,b,c,.......,01 C,r,v,........,01 02.txt C,v,n,.......,02 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
grablogs.conf(4)						   File Formats 						  grablogs.conf(4)

NAME
grablogs.conf - grablogs configuration for libgrablogs.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf DESCRIPTION
The libgrablogs.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it colloct the log files from the system as many as possible. grablogs.conf is a configuration file that contains a set of lines mixed with sh(1) syntax codes and individual log files. libgrablogs.so will read the file try to get a log files list for gnome-system-log(1). Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The grablogs.conf file contains the following configuration categories: [configs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a config file of System. The plugin will open the config file and try to find all system paths of the logs. [commands] Each line under this category is interpreted as a shell command and will be execute through a pipe. And each line of the out- put of the command will be interpreted as a log path. [logs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a log path. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/grablogs.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so EMAMPLE
[configs] /etc/syslog.conf [commands] for i in `svcs -aH -o FMRI | grep -v lrc `; do svcprop -p restarter/logfile $i 2>/dev/null || svcprop -q -p restarter/alt_logfile $i 2>/dev/null ; done [logs] /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/cron /var/log/Xorg.0.log /var/log/XFree86.0.log /var/log/auth.log /var/log/cups/error_log SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), pipelog.conf(1) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 grablogs.conf(4)