Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with pattern matching to list missing packages Post 302968364 by Dazzler74 on Tuesday 8th of March 2016 05:39:06 PM
Old 03-08-2016
no, i think exit 1 will end the loop as soon as first occurance of 'non installed' pacakge will be encountered. I dont want loop to end - #i want it to complete until it checks last package mentioned in for loop and thn exit if found any missing package.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment/delete a particular pattern starting from second line of the matching pattern

Hi, I have file 1.txt with following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433 ** ** ** In file 2.txt I have the following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the lines matching a pattern, in between two pattern, and generate a tab

Hi all, I'm looking for some help. I have a file (very long) that is organized like below: >Cluster 0 0 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HMXZS... at +/99% 1 279nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HN12A... at +/99% 2 281nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM4TS... at +/99% 3 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM946... at +/99% 4 279nt,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d.chauliac
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - matching pattern one but not pattern two

All, I have the following file: -------------------------------------- # # /etc/pam.d/common-password - password-related modules common to all services # # This file is included from other service-specific PAM config files, # and should contain a list of modules that define the services... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertBerrie
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to list non matching files using pattern

Hi, I am trying to write a script that list down all the files that do not match the pattern My pattern will be like this "*.jpg|*.xml|*.sql". This pattern will be stored in a file. The script need to read this pattern from the file and delete the files that does not match this pattern. It... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meenavin
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut string and find missing pattern?

i have list in file named sample.txt eg i want to cut the 3rd and 4th character i.e. 01,02,03....,24(max length is 24) and i want to find the missing sequence .and display them i.e. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
15 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find pattern suffix matching pattern

Hi, I am trying to get a result out of this but fails please help. Have two files /tmp/1 & /tmp/hosts. /tmp/1 IP=123.456.789.01 WAS_HOSTNAME=abcdefgh.was.tb.dsdc /tmp/hosts 123.456.789.01 I want this result in /tmp/hosts if hostname is already there dont want duplicate entry. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshwebspere
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: printing lines AFTER pattern matching EXCLUDING the line containing the pattern

'Hi I'm using the following code to extract the lines(and redirect them to a txt file) after the pattern match. But the output is inclusive of the line with pattern match. Which option is to be used to exclude the line containing the pattern? sed -n '/Conn.*User/,$p' > consumers.txt (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: essem
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP - Regex for matching string containing pattern but without pattern itself

The sample file: dept1: user1,user2,user3 dept2: user4,user5,user6 dept3: user7,user8,user9 I want to match by '/^dept2.*/' but don't want to have substring 'dept2:' in output. How to compose such regex? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -v lines starting with pattern 1 and not matching pattern 2

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to view this! I want to grep out all lines of a file that starts with pattern 1 but also does not match with the second pattern. Example: Drink a soda Eat a banana Eat multiple bananas Drink an apple juice Eat an apple Eat multiple apples I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Matching Columns - Am I missing something?

I am using awk to match columns and output based on those matches. For some reason it is not printing matching columns, am I missing something? Operating system - windows with cygwin. Command that I am using: sed 's/]*,]*/,/g' $tempdir/file1 > $tempdir/file1.$$ && awk -F, 'FNR==NR{f2=$2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
7 Replies
break(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          break(1)

NAME
break, continue - shell built-in functions to escape from or advance within a controlling while, for, foreach, or until loop SYNOPSIS
sh break [n] continue [n] csh break continue ksh *break [n] *continue [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The break utility exits from the enclosing for or while loop, if any. If n is specified, break n levels. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosing for or while loop. If n is specified, resume at the n-th enclosing loop. csh The break utility resumes execution after the end of the nearest enclosing foreach or while loop. The remaining commands on the current line are executed. This allows multilevel breaks to be written as a list of break commands, all on one line. The continue utility continues execution of the next iteration of the nearest enclosing while or foreach loop. ksh The break utility exits from the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop, if any. If n is specified, then break n levels. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be exited. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop. If n is specified then resume at the n- th enclosed loop. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be used. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words that follow a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign, and also that word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh( 1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 break(1)