Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) How to join several HTML files? Post 302968350 by Etnad on Tuesday 8th of March 2016 02:41:52 PM
Old 03-08-2016
How to join several HTML files?

Hello
I need to merge several HTML files into one and possibly convert it to ".rtf"
All files are in the same folder.
The files contain Links I need to keep
Any hints?
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

join files

Hi , I want to join 2 files based on 2 column join condition. a11 john 2230 5000 a12 XXX 2230 A B 200 345 Expected O/P John 2230 5000 A B 200 I have tried this awk 'NR==FNR{a=$1;next}a&&sub($1,a)' a11 a12 > a13 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to join files

Earlier I was unable to edit a line in a file because it was too large. I ended up spliting the file(using split command), which produced multiple files (newfileaa newfilebb ....). Now that I have made my edit, I would like to rejoin the files to original form. How can I do this ? Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join 2 files with multiple columns: awk/grep/join?

Hello, My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I have had a look at several threads but I am still confused how to use these functions. I have two files, each with 5 columns: File A: (tab-delimited) PDB CHAIN Start End Fragment 1avq A 171 176 awyfan 1avq A 172 177 wyfany 1c7k A 2 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: InfoSeeker
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join two files

i have two files and i want to join the contents like: file a has content my name is i am i work at and file b has John sims 43 years old maximu ltd and i want to join the two files to get a third file with content reading my name is John sims i am 43 years old i work at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to join two files using "Join" command with one common field in this problem?

file1: Toronto:12439755:1076359:July 1, 1867:6 Quebec City:7560592:1542056:July 1, 1867:5 Halifax:938134:55284:July 1, 1867:4 Fredericton:751400:72908:July 1, 1867:3 Winnipeg:1170300:647797:July 15, 1870:7 Victoria:4168123:944735:July 20, 1871:10 Charlottetown:137900:5660:July 1, 1873:2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindfreak
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use the the join command to join multiple files by a common column

Hi, I have 20 tab delimited text files that have a common column (column 1). The files are named GSM1.txt through GSM20.txt. Each file has 3 columns (2 other columns in addition to the first common column). I want to write a script to join the files by the first common column so that in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join 2 files

I have file1.txt BGE179W1 BGE179W2 BGE179W3 BGE187W1 BGE187W2 BGE187W3 BGE194W1 BGE194W2 BGE194W3 BGE227W1 BGE227W2 BGE227W3 BGE288W1 BGE288W2 BGE288W3 BGE650W1 ---------- Post updated at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:39 AM ---------- (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join two files

Hi, I have two files Files, FileA and FileB which are attached.Each row in the files have 8 tab delimited columns. The two files have to be compared and joined based on first two columns. The resulting file FileC should have: 1. if the data in the first two columns is same in both the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join two files

I have 2 files: fileA AAA1:AAA2:AAA3:AAA_4:AAA5:AAA_6:AAA7:AAA_8 BBB1:BBB2:BBB3:BBB_4:BBB5:BBB-6 CCC1:CCC2:CCC3:CCC_4fileB AAA_4:XXX1:YYY1 BBB_4:XXX2:YYY2 CCC_4:XXX3:YYY3:ZZZ3 AAA_6:XXX4:YYY4 AAA_8:XXX5:YYY5Result: AAA1:AAA2:AAA3:AAA_4:XXX1:YYY1:AAA5:AAA_6:XXX4:YYY4:AAA7:AAA_8:XXX5:YYY5... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join, merge, fill NULL the void columns of multiples files like sql "LEFT JOIN" by using awk

Hello, This post is already here but want to do this with another way Merge multiples files with multiples duplicates keys by filling "NULL" the void columns for anothers joinning files file1.csv: 1|abc 1|def 2|ghi 2|jkl 3|mno 3|pqr file2.csv: 1|123|jojo 1|NULL|bibi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yjacknewton
2 Replies
TEXTUTIL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       TEXTUTIL(1)

NAME
textutil -- text utility SYNOPSIS
textutil [command_option] [other_options] file ... DESCRIPTION
textutil can be used to manipulate text files of various formats, using the mechanisms provided by the Cocoa text system. The first argument indicates the operation to perform, one of: -help Show the usage information for the command and exit. This is the default command option if none is specified. -info Display information about the specified files. -convert fmt Convert the specified files to the indicated format and write each one back to the file system. -cat fmt Read the specified files, concatenate them, and write the result out as a single file in the indicated format. fmt is one of: txt, html, rtf, rtfd, doc, docx, wordml, odt, or webarchive There are some additional options for general use: -extension ext Specify an extension to be used for output files (by default, the extension will be determined from the format). -output path Specify the file name to be used for the first output file. -stdin Specify that input should be read from stdin rather than from files. -stdout Specify that the first output file should go to stdout. -encoding IANA_name | NSStringEncoding Specify the encoding to be used for plain text or HTML output files (by default, the output encoding will be UTF-8). NSStringEncoding refers to one of the numeric values recognized by NSString. IANA_name refers to an IANA character set name as understood by CFString. The operation will fail if the file cannot be converted to the specified encoding. -inputencoding IANA_name | NSStringEncoding Force all plain text input files to be interpreted using the specified encoding (by default, a file's encoding will be deter- mined from its BOM). The operation will fail if the file cannot be interpreted using the specified encoding. -format fmt Force all input files to be interpreted using the indicated format (by default, a file's format will be determined from its contents). -font font Specify the name of the font to be used for converting plain to rich text. -fontsize size Specify the size in points of the font to be used for converting plain to rich text. -- Specify that all further arguments are file names. There are some additional options for HTML and WebArchive files: -noload Do not load subsidiary resources. -nostore Do not write out subsidiary resources. -baseurl url Specify a base URL to be used for relative URLs. -timeout t Specify the time in seconds to wait for resources to load. -textsizemultiplier x Specify a numeric factor by which to multiply font sizes. -excludedelements (tag1, tag2, ...) Specify which HTML elements should not be used in generated HTML (the list should be a single argument, and so will usually need to be quoted in a shell context). -prefixspaces n Specify the number of spaces by which to indent nested elements in generated HTML (default is 2). There are some additional options for treating metadata: -strip Do not copy metadata from input files to output files. -title val Specify the title metadata attribute for output files. -author val Specify the author metadata attribute for output files. -subject val Specify the subject metadata attribute for output files. -keywords (val1, val2, ...) Specify the keywords metadata attribute for output files (the list should be a single argument, and so will usually need to be quoted in a shell context). -comment val Specify the comment metadata attribute for output files. -editor val Specify the editor metadata attribute for output files. -company val Specify the company metadata attribute for output files. -creationtime yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ssZ Specify the creation time metadata attribute for output files. -modificationtime yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ssZ Specify the modification time metadata attribute for output files. EXAMPLES
textutil -info foo.rtf displays information about foo.rtf. textutil -convert html foo.rtf converts foo.rtf into foo.html. textutil -convert rtf -font Times -fontsize 10 foo.txt converts foo.txt into foo.rtf, using Times 10 for the font. textutil -cat html -title "Several Files" -output index.html *.rtf loads all RTF files in the current directory, concatenates their contents, and writes the result out as index.html with the HTML title set to "Several Files". DIAGNOSTICS
The textutil command exits 0 on success, and 1 on failure. CAUTIONS
Some options may require a connection to the window server. HISTORY
The textutil command first appeared in Mac OS X 10.4. macOS September 9, 2004 macOS