Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help moving site
Operating Systems Linux Help moving site Post 302968327 by CS10 on Tuesday 8th of March 2016 08:37:29 AM
Old 03-08-2016
Hi there.

Thanks for the reply.

I do know the internals of Wordpress very well, I've moved sites from server to server (shared servers via ftp) with no issue.

What I have never used however, is SSH on a dedicated server.

This is where I'm going to need the help and advice.

What do I have to do in Putty to get this.

I can backup the whole directory as a zip along with the Database as a .sql file.

I'll put it somewhere like drop box.

And then within Putty I will need to unzip the file I guess to extract the directory structure.

But then, how do I create a database and restore from the .sql?

Thanks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Moving machine to other site

Hi, IŽd like to have some opinions of waht settings we should take note before power down a server and move it to other facilities. Of course, the first thing is check the backups. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

port access to site to site VPN

Setup a site to site VPN between two cisco routers. One of the site locations is unable to access ports such as https://example.com:9001 How do I let them go into port 9001? They can ssh, ftp, telnet and everything else. Is this a VPN issue or ACL access issue? I put permit ip host... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Does cisco 1921 router support site to site VPNs using IPSec?

Q: "Does Cisco 1921 router support,, act as an endpoint for, site to site VPNs using IPSec? If so, how many? " A: If you get the Cisco 1921/k9 with the security services bundle then it will have built in security features. Cisco, typically includes IP Sec tunnels I believe as part of that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

IPSec Openswan Site to Site VPN - Big Pain

Hi @all, I try to connect 2 LANs with IPSec/Openswan LAN 1: 192.168.0.0/24 LAN 2: 192.168.1.0/24 This is my Config: conn HomeVPN # # Left security gateway, subnet behind it, nexthop toward right. left=192.168.1.29 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bahnhasser83
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Is this site for me?

Hello, I am new here and my name is Robert. I was actually looking for a forums website where I can go with questions regarding Linux and embedded Linux applications. I am fairly new (6 months) to the world of Linux and embedded Linux applications and the the learning curve is steep. When I am not... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
13 Replies
MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - upgrade MySQL system tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password DESCRIPTION
Note In MySQL 5.1.7, mysql_fix_privilege_tables was superseded by mysql_upgrade, which should be used instead. See mysql_upgrade(1). Some releases of MySQL introduce changes to the structure of the system tables in the mysql database to add new privileges or support new features. When you update to a new version of MySQL, you should update your system tables as well to make sure that their structure is up to date. Otherwise, there might be capabilities that you cannot take advantage of. mysql_fix_privilege_tables is an older script that previously was used to uprade the system tables in the mysql database after a MySQL upgrade. Before running mysql_fix_privilege_tables, make a backup of your mysql database. On Unix or Unix-like systems, update the system tables by running the mysql_fix_privilege_tables script: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables You must run this script while the server is running. It attempts to connect to the server running on the local host as root. If your root account requires a password, indicate the password on the command line like this: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password The mysql_fix_privilege_tables script performs any actions necessary to convert your system tables to the current format. You might see some Duplicate column name warnings as it runs; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it so that any changes made to the system tables take effect. On Windows systems, MySQL distributions include a mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql SQL script that you can run using the mysql client. For example, if your MySQL installation is located at C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1, the commands look like this: C:> cd "C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1" C:> binmysql -u root -p mysql mysql> SOURCE share/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql Note Prior to version 5.1.17, the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script is found in the scripts directory. The mysql command will prompt you for the root password; enter it when prompted. If your installation is located in some other directory, adjust the path names appropriately. As with the Unix procedure, you might see some Duplicate column name warnings as mysql processes the statements in the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)