Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete files in a txt file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete files in a txt file Post 302968270 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 7th of March 2016 07:08:31 AM
Old 03-07-2016
Hello nanz143,

Could you please try and let me know if this helps you.
Code:
while read file
do
    if [[ -f $file ]]
    then
           echo $file
    else
           echo "File " $file " is not present."
    fi
done < "Input_file"

In above solution if you are getting correct results then you could replace echo $file with rm $file.

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to delete numbers at beginning of txt file line

Hello. I have the following issue: my txt file has the following format: train/dr4/fklc0/sx175.txt 0 80282 Severe myopia contributed to Ron's inferiority complex. train/dr4/fklc0/sx355.txt 0 42906 Dolphins are intelligent marine mammals. train/dr4/fklc0/sa2.txt awk 'NR%2==0' test1.txt >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: li_bi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete all something.txt~ file from a directory

There are some files in a directory like a.tx~ , b.txt~,c.txt~. I want to delete all these files inside that directory and sub directory. How can i do this? #!/bin/bash cd thatdirectory ...... rm -rf *~ ...... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive delete files from txt file or?

i have a txt file of image names that have to be deleted in pwd how can i use the txt file to delete the files in pwd and is it possible?--i might be able to import the txt files into a spreadsheet ahd same it as a csv file. i want it to be done recursive lly --what i mean is teh sysem goes thru... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: plener
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to delete lines from a txt file if pattern matches

File 6 dbnawldb010-b office Memphis_Corp_SQL_Diff Memphis-Corp-SQL-Inc-Application-Backup 03/09/11 03:24:04 42 luigi-b IPNRemitDB Memphis_Corp_SQL_Diff Memphis-Corp-SQL-Inc-Application-Backup 03/10/11 00:41:36 6 ebs-sqldev1-b IPNTracking Memphis_Corp_SQL_Diff... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajiwww
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete file2.txt from file1.txt using scripting

Hi, I`m a total newbie, well my requirement is that i have 2 files I want to identify which countries i do not currently have in db.. how can i use the grep or another command to find this file .. i want to match all-countries.txt with countries-in-db.txt so the output is equal to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: beanbaby
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files whose file names are listed in a .txt file

hi, I need a help. I used this command to list all the log files which are for more than 10 days to a text file. find /usr/script_test -type f -mtime +10>>/usr/ftprm.txt I want all these files listed in the ftprm.txt to be ftp in another machine and then rm the files. Anyone can help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete specific parts in a .txt file

Hi all, I desperately need a small script which deletes everything in a particular .txt file when "Abs = {" appears till "},", and also when "B-1 = {" appears till "}," I would like all the text in between of those instances to be deleted, however, other text to be unedited (kept as it is).... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two txt files,mismatches will be in new txt files

Hi, Below are the sample data for txt files. txt file 1 Partnumber|catgroup_id 10001082|46016 10001093|4680 10001093|386003 10001093|463004 10003251|683 10003251|63005 10003252|463005 10003252|4683 10003260|463005 10003260|4683 10003264|4683 10003264|463005 13420000|67... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankita Talukdar
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete .txt file from current directory

I have created few text file during run time by redirecting the txt file echo USER_LIST_"$(date '+%d%h%Y')".csv > report_location.txt report_location.txt is creating in the same location where I run script home/script When I try to remove the txt file at the end of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to delete files line by line in .txt document

Friends, I am in need to delete files from a directory on a regular basis. I want to place all the files to be deleted in delete .txt file and require a script to delete files, line by line from this delete.txt file. Please help me with this script as am new to unix scripting. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fop4658
3 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)