Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memory problems.
Operating Systems AIX Memory problems. Post 302968205 by MichaelFelt on Saturday 5th of March 2016 05:31:52 AM
Old 03-05-2016
While /Home/Downloads may be more linux like, /Home is not /home - so you are putting these in the / (aka root) filesystem.

Code:
lsvg -l rootvg

hd4 is /
hd1 is /home

etc.

And, my congratulations on getting firefox to run on AIX. I have an ancient 43P-140 (AIX 5.1) that I have firefox installed on - for emergencies in my basement with hardware that needs FF 1.0.7 (or something like that). But, generally, I do not know many people using AIX for browsing the web Smilie

I do want to mention that I have an alternate repository - and if you are wishing to play with python on AIX I would welcome your comments on my packaging (no additional RPM needed - at all!) - and I have python-3.4 and python-3.5 working on AIX 5.3 TL7 and later.

I call my repository 'AIXTOOLS'. See about python via: python - AIXTOOLS

Enjoy AIX!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

plock() memory locking problems

I'm experiencing some strangeness when using plock(). I'm on a Solaris 5.7/SPARC machine with 64MB of memory. I can show that plock() works by successfully locking down 10 MB of memory. Then, I ask for 40 MB, and I get a failure notice because there is "Not enough memory" available. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: troccola
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Program/ Memory Problems

I need some advise. I have an application server running several applications. When I try and start a particular application when the others are running I receive the following. This is appearing in the core file that is created. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

UNIX memory problems w/Progress DB

We are currently running HP-UX 11 as our database server. The database is Progress version 9.1C. As of late, some of our batch processes that run on the UNIX db server are erroring out because of what appear to be memory issues(at least according to Progress). The db error messages indicate... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddiej
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

UNIX memory problems

I don't know if this is better suited for the application section, but here goes. We are currently running HP-UX 11 as our database server. The database is Progress version 9.1C. As of late, some of our batch processes that run on the UNIX db server are erroring out because of what appear to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddiej
3 Replies

5. Programming

[C] Problems with shared memory

Hi everbody, i have a problem with shared memory and child-processes in C (unix). I have a server that do forks to create (N) child processes. This processes work with a shared "stuct" thanks to shared memory and a semaphore. The problem is when a child modify the shared memory and the others... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hurricane86
2 Replies

6. Programming

Problems with shared memory and lists

Hi, I need to put in shared memory a list made with object of this structure: typedef struct Obj{ char objname; struct Obj *nextObj; }Object I've filled my list with (for example) 10 elements, but when i try to put it in shared memory to be read by another process i get segmentation fault... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeNdErR
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Memory problems on a -sunfire T2000

I work with a network management tool, which, for various reasons, is installed on a solaris server.This is a Sunfire T2000 server with 16 CPUs and 8GB of RAM. I have installed a Solaris 10 ZFS and 8GB swap. From the beginning I had problems with memory occupation that it rises progressively to 95%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drusa79
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A bad configured logrotate can cause a problems with memory leak ?

I am newbe to unix. I have a very serious problem on my server. I have a java application running, and all day on Monday morning, the process that is associated with this java is locked. Usually I doing a shutdown by the shutdown java command , you have to kill the process with the kill-kill... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjoottaa
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Memory problems in NFS client server

Hi all, i have some doubts in a situation that i fail to get an answer in Google. I have a solaris 10 nfs server and 5 centos 6.0 nfs clients. The problem/situation is that in the clients the free memory is "disappearing" along the time (passing to used)..and it gets free if i umount the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blast
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Memory problems in Blade 6340

We have a 6000 chassis with three blades in it. Two of the blades have "Oracle/Sun" memory in them with no complaints. The third blade is populated with Dataram dimms. That 3rd blade continues to flag a slot bad. Oracle has said they would not support the blade with Dataram memory it it. I didn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
1 Replies
isympy(1)																 isympy(1)

NAME
isympy - interactive shell for SymPy SYNOPSIS
isympy [-c | --console] isympy [ {-h | --help} | {-v | --version} ] DESCRIPTION
isympy is a Python shell for SymPy. It is just a normal python shell (ipython shell if you have the ipython package installed) that exe- cutes the following commands so that you don't have to: >>> from __future__ import division >>> from sympy import * >>> x, y, z = symbols("xyz") >>> k, m, n = symbols("kmn", integer=True) So starting isympy is equivalent to starting python (or ipython) and executing the above commands by hand. It is intended for easy and quick experimentation with SymPy. For more complicated programs, it is recommended to write a script and import things explicitly (using the "from sympy import sin, log, Symbol, ..." idiom). OPTIONS
-c shell, --console=shell Use the specified shell (python or ipython) as console backend instead of the default one (ipython if present or python otherwise). Example: isympy -c python FILES
${HOME}/.sympy-history Saves the history of commands when using the python shell as backend. BUGS
The upstreams BTS can be found at <http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list> Please report all bugs that you find in there, this will help improve the overall quality of SymPy. SEE ALSO
ipython(1), python(1) 2007-10-8 isympy(1)