Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab job is not working
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crontab job is not working Post 302968183 by ipfreak on Saturday 5th of March 2016 12:05:14 AM
Old 03-05-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cragun
I don't know what the root command on your system does. And, I don't see from the details you have given us why you believe something is wrong.

The log shows that over a period of three minutes, cron ran the command:
Code:
root    /root/snmpwalk.sh

three times as requested.

What else happened that you didn't expect to happen? What didn't happen that you expected to happen?

thanks don:

all i want to do is to execute follow command every minute:

Code:
/usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -v 2c -c public 100.10.10.10

i thought crontab job should do it. actually i removed that user "root", instead here

Code:
*/1    *    *    *    *    /root/snmpwalk.sh

it still not doing i expected.

so i ran this test manually and it worked fine:

Code:
/usr/local/bin/bash /root/snmpwalk.sh

---------- Post updated 03-05-16 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous update was 03-04-16 at 11:14 PM ----------

thanks don:

typo... sorry.

Last edited by ipfreak; 03-05-2016 at 12:22 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab job

Hi, I have cornjob was scheduled at 1:00 AM everyday. It has been running fine since last Saturday. But it didn't run since Saturday. Because of daytime saving time change it didn't ran? Please send me your thoughts. Thanks in adavance. Moe (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moe
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab job queue

My cronjob triggers the script late by 6 minutes. /var/cron/log shows that it got triggered at the right time then where can I track, the late starting of the script. Is there some queue mechanism, some log? This happens sometimes, not daily. but it affects me, whenever it happens. Logging... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pksingh2
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a crontab job!!!

Hi, i need to schedule a script to run at 6.10AM everyday.I tried to do this way. #!bin/ksh 10 06 * * 0-6 sh /tmp/ss/script/daily_file_check.sh And at the command prompt I did >crontab -e cron.txt I'm not sure whether this is the right way. Can anyone please tell me how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab job not running

Hi all, down here part of the scheduled job in crontab (AIX Version 5) i have problem running jspPRE-ALL. i verrify permissions and privileges (the others job are working good) if i run the job in command line it work correctly # # Aggiornamento doni e continuity 00 02 * * 2-6... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilpasta
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a job using Crontab

I would like to execute my script at 17.30 and 23.00 using crontab, could anybody help me out!! Thanks in Advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatanig
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab job not executed with variables

Hi, I am trying to execute a script (for once) during the booting time in Ubuntu system. However, the result is only showing the strings without without the variables. Here is the script: MgrIp=$(ec2-describe-instances --filter tag:Name=Mgr --filter instance-state-name=running | egrep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: turki_00
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Job Output File

I am a newbie to Unix. My default root user umask is set to 077 and I have the following crontab job to redirect al the backup output to the logfile of /backup/backup.xxxxx 00 10 * * 0 /usr/local/bin/backup.sh > /backup/backup.`date +\%Y\%m\%d` 2>&1 Since root default umask is 077, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: famasutika
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Job Syntax

I have a ksh script that does the following 1. Script executes and creates an output file from a sql query 2. That output file is an input file to the script 3. generates an html file to email to DBA receipients The following syntax works at the command line ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JolietJake
1 Replies

9. SuSE

A crontab job not working

Hello, This is my first posting in Linux world. I have SLES 11. I've created a file 'packdisk-scandisk.txt' file under /var/opt/Teradata/bteqdba. The content of the file is, cat /var/opt/Teradata/bteqdba/packdisk-scandisk.txt output over /var/opt/Teradata/bteqdba/TAREAS_DBA.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab - entry not working , cron job not running

I have put a cron entry in oracle user for taking hot backup every wednesday@ 2.30 AM and have given the cron entry 30 02 * * 3 /u01/vijay/hotbackupcron 2>&1 >> /u01/vijay/hotbackup.log also find below the script inside hotbackupcron, i have put in env variables as well ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaymec50
13 Replies
SNMPWALK(1)							     Net-SNMP							       SNMPWALK(1)

NAME
snmpwalk - retrieve a subtree of management values using SNMP GETNEXT requests SYNOPSIS
snmpwalk [APPLICATION OPTIONS] [COMMON OPTIONS] [OID] DESCRIPTION
snmpwalk is an SNMP application that uses SNMP GETNEXT requests to query a network entity for a tree of information. An object identifier (OID) may be given on the command line. This OID specifies which portion of the object identifier space will be searched using GETNEXT requests. All variables in the subtree below the given OID are queried and their values presented to the user. Each variable name is given in the format specified in variables(5). If no OID argument is present, snmpwalk will search the subtree rooted at SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2 (including any MIB object values from other MIB modules, that are defined as lying within this subtree). If the network entity has an error processing the request packet, an error packet will be returned and a message will be shown, helping to pinpoint why the request was malformed. If the tree search causes attempts to search beyond the end of the MIB, the message "End of MIB" will be displayed. OPTIONS
-Cc Do not check whether the returned OIDs are increasing. Some agents (LaserJets are an example) return OIDs out of order, but can complete the walk anyway. Other agents return OIDs that are out of order and can cause snmpwalk to loop indefinitely. By default, snmpwalk tries to detect this behavior and warns you when it hits an agent acting illegally. Use -Cc to turn off this check. -CE {OID} End the walk at the specified OID, rather than a simple subtree. This can be used to walk a partial subtree, selected columns of a table, or even two or more tables within a single command. -Ci Include the given OID in the search range. Normally snmpwalk uses GETNEXT requests starting with the OID you specified and returns all results in the MIB subtree rooted at that OID. Sometimes, you may wish to include the OID specified on the command line in the printed results if it is a valid OID in the tree itself. This option lets you do this explicitly. -CI In fact, the given OID will be retrieved automatically if the main subtree walk returns no useable values. This allows a walk of a single instance to behave as generally expected, and return the specified instance value. This option turns off this final GET request, so a walk of a single instance will return nothing. -Cp Upon completion of the walk, print the number of variables found. -Ct Upon completion of the walk, print the total wall-clock time it took to collect the data (in seconds). Note that the timer is started just before the beginning of the data request series and stopped just after it finishes. Most importantly, this means that it does not include snmp library initialization, shutdown, argument processing, and any other overhead. In addition to these options, snmpwalk takes the common options described in the snmpcmd(1) manual page. EXAMPLES
The command: snmpwalk -Os -c public -v 1 zeus system will retrieve all of the variables under system: sysDescr.0 = STRING: "SunOS zeus.net.cmu.edu 4.1.3_U1 1 sun4m" sysObjectID.0 = OID: enterprises.hp.nm.hpsystem.10.1.1 sysUpTime.0 = Timeticks: (155274552) 17 days, 23:19:05 sysContact.0 = STRING: "" sysName.0 = STRING: "zeus.net.cmu.edu" sysLocation.0 = STRING: "" sysServices.0 = INTEGER: 72 (plus the contents of the sysORTable). The command: snmpwalk -Os -c public -v 1 -CE sysORTable zeus system will retrieve the scalar values, but omit the sysORTable. SEE ALSO
snmpcmd(1), snmpbulkwalk(1), variables(5). V5.6 28 May 2007 SNMPWALK(1)