Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ssh does not support sqlplus and sudo -i? Post 302968132 by h1kelds on Friday 4th of March 2016 04:59:21 AM
Old 03-04-2016
OK, how should I execute the full command then?
Code:
ssh -nq <host> -l <user> "/usr/bin/sudo -u <orauser> -i echo 'show sga' | /oracle/<SID>/112_64/bin/sqlplus / as sysdba"
Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus
SP2-0667: Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found
SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory

The simple sqlplus command is still working.

but how can I combine these?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xwindows over ssh after sudo?

ok...I'm stumped on this one. I cannot figure out how to carry over my environment variables with a sudo command. I need to install an application under root and only have sudo access to get there. I can use ssh -Y <host> and launch an xwindows session successfully as myself but as soon as I sudo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottsl
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo and ssh

Hello, Can you config sudo to use the passphrase in the user ssh-key instead of the one in the passwd? Some users do not have local passwords on the system and instead of adding the NOPASSWD in sudoers I would like the solution I asked about above. Thx Jocke (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jOOc
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo and ssh

Hi, I would like to know how i can perform a task, while performing ssh, sudo and command at the same time. What I generally do is I ssh to the server, where i created private and public, so it does not prompt me for password all the time. Then i need to run "sudo su - ldaprole" to get into... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh and sudo login

Hi, I am trying to execute some command, via ssh and sudo. Here is what i want to do. ssh localhost | sudo su - ldaprole | ls -ltrh However, this command gives me listing of my home directory, and not of ldaprole. If I logic directly, when i perform sudo su - ldaprole, it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

6. Programming

Using Commands over SSH using Sudo

Is there a way to transfer my sudo password via ssh so that I can copy files remotely and pass them locally, so: cat sudo-passwd-file|ssh -t user@10.7.0.180 'sudo find / -depth|cpio -oacv|gzip' > /path/to/dir/file.cpio.gz I am in the process of a creating a script. Everytime I try and just... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh not supporting sudo and sqlplus commands

Hi Guys , I was facing an issue some thing like , I have to connect remote machine and should execute few commands over there , I am able to run some simple commands , but below commands are throws error like not found. eg : sudo su - username and sqlplus user/pwd@db , srvrmgr commands etc ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandini
8 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Help on Ssh using sudo

I'm confused in the configuration of sudoers for one group of users. The users need to execute a app from a remote machine, in this local machine they want me to allow ssh for them using sudo for eg. sudo -u admin ssh -X euadmin@<IP address of remote> <remote script which opens a gui> It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandk
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus not working through ssh

Hi Gurus, I was trying to execute sqlplus command remotely like ssh -q IP venkat@"which sqlplus" am getting error as which: no sqlplus in (/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin) if i connect manually and executing which sqlplus it working fine. Please help to fix the issue. Regard's Venky (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky.b5
7 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

SSH Protocol Support

Hi there, I learnt about a case where SSH-1.99 is supported by SSH service, both SSH 1.5 and 2.0 is special. Btw, I want to know what kind of authentication mechanism are supported by SSH, here is what I thought of: Public/ Private Key Pair Password Authentication (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies
OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)													    OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)

oci_set_module_name - Sets the module name

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_module_name (resource $connection, string $module_name) DESCRIPTION
Sets the module name for Oracle tracing. The module name is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The name can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. It can be used for tracing and monitoring such as with V$SQLAREA and DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $module_name - User chosen string up to 48 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the module name <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the module oci_set_module_name($c, 'Home Page'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the // modules in use: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select module from v$session; SEE ALSO
oci_set_action(3), oci_set_client_info(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)