Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Self extracting tarball
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Self extracting tarball Post 302968090 by canes27 on Thursday 3rd of March 2016 03:28:55 PM
Old 03-03-2016
Thank you for the help do you have any links you may suggest or hint commands i can look up in order to base some research off of. Im going to have to read up on a lot of things in order to figure it all out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting IP's from a file

I've been trying to work out a way to extract IP's from a file. The IP's are contained withing brackets like this: is there a way to extract just the IP's or at least everything from the starting to ending bracket with grep or something similar? Thanks in advance. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: eth0
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the checksum

I wanted a script that can give the checksum of a particular zipped file. Can somebody help me in writing a shell script in getting the checksum of a particular tar file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any way to add to a tarball made in this fashion

Hello, I am wondering if there is an easy way to add a file to a tarball rather than extracting, adding, then remaking the tarball. The tarball was made in this way: tar -cpvzf .wine.tar.gz .wine/If I had a file to the .wine/ dir (or if I just wanted to add a file to the tarball), I would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Size of a tarball without untarring - Catch parent tar ball has sub tars

hi, I am in a weird situation. I have a parent tarball which contains 2 sub tarballs. The structure is such : Parent.tar.gz ---- > child1.tar.gz and child2.tar.gz I need to get the size of the parent tarball without untaring it I know that the command is gunzip -c parent.tar.gz | wc -c ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting character

This time I am trying to extract the number 10 from the following line. This number is subject to change and may be anything from 1 to 3 numerals in length, i.e. 1-999. Hence why I dont want to use 'cut' cmd. The line I am working on is GGSN-MIB::ggsnApnName.10 = STRING: open.internetI have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob171171
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring

Hi, I have string in variable like '/u/dolfin/in/DOLFIN.PRL_100.OIB.TLU.001.D20110520.T040010' and i want to conevrt this string into only "DOLFIN.PRL_100.OIB.TLU.001.D20110520.T040010" (i.e file name). Is there any command to extracting string in some part ?(rather than whole path)? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamu544
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unpack individual files from tarball

Say you don't want to unpack the whole thing, just individual files or directories within a .tgz. How to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevensw
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

tarball of current directory

I wanna make a backup tarball. I wanna write a script that makes tarball of the current directory. There are lots of files so I cant type all files, I wanna make the tarball by excluding few files. Like there 1000 files in a directory I wanna create a tarball containing 98 files of that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract compressed tarball to folder?

This is for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.7 (Tikanga). Wanna extract entire contents of a tar.gz to a folder of my choosing. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Creating a tarball on Solaris issue with errors

Hi All, We are planning to migrate from Solaris to AIX, and we have a requirement to move all files modified in last 7 days to AIX. i found many helpful forums on this site but somehow the issue was still not solved: Used the following command from the directory which we want to scan ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil8
6 Replies
TERASIC_MTL(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					    TERASIC_MTL(4)

NAME
terasic_mtl -- driver for the Terasic/Cambridge Multi-Touch LCD device SYNOPSIS
device terasic_mtl In /boot/device.hints: hint.terasic_mtl.0.at="nexus0" hint.terasic_mtl.0.reg_maddr=0x70400000 hint.terasic_mtl.0.reg_msize=0x1000 hint.terasic_mtl.0.pixel_maddr=0x70000000 hint.terasic_mtl.0.pixel_msize=0x177000 hint.terasic_mtl.0.text_maddr=0x70177000 hint.terasic_mtl.0.text_msize=0x2000 DESCRIPTION
The terasic_mtl device driver provides support for the Terasic Multi-Touch LCD combined as controlled by a University of Cambridge's IP Core. Three device nodes are instantiated, representing various services supported by the device: terasic_regX Memory-mapped register interface, including touch screen input. terasic_pixelX Memory-mapped pixel-oriented frame buffer. terasic_textX Memory-mapped text-oriented frame buffer. terasic_mtl devices are also attached to the syscons(4) framework, which implements a VT-compatible terminal connected to the tty(4) frame- work. ttyvX device nodes may be added to ttys(5) in order to launch login(1) sessions at boot. Register, text, and pixel devices may be accessed using read(2) and write(2) system calls, and also memory mapped using mmap(2). SEE ALSO
login(1), ioctl(2), mmap(2), poll(2), read(2), write(2), syscons(4), tty(4), ttys(5) HISTORY
The terasic_mtl device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0. AUTHORS
The terasic_mtl device driver and this manual page were developed by SRI International and the University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory under DARPA/AFRL contract (FA8750-10-C-0237) (``CTSRD''), as part of the DARPA CRASH research programme. This device driver was written by Robert N. M. Watson. BUGS
The syscons(4) attachment does not support the hardware cursor feature. A more structured interface to control registers using the ioctl(2) system call, would sometimes be preferable to memory mapping. For touch screen input, it would be highly desirable to offer a streaming interface whose events can be managed using poll(2) and related system calls, with the kernel performing polling rather than the userspace application. terasic_mtl supports only a nexus bus attachment, which is appropriate for system-on-chip busses such as Altera's Avalon bus. If the IP core is configured off of another bus type, then additional bus attachments will be required. BSD
August 18, 2012 BSD