Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development ASP.NET 5 Application on Centos OS7 Web Hosting Server Post 302968053 by John Fredric on Thursday 3rd of March 2016 05:44:58 AM
Old 03-03-2016
ASP.NET 5 Application on Centos OS7 Web Hosting Server

Hi All,

Frankly I'm new to Linux Environment. While we are trying to Host an ASP.NET 5 Web Application on Centos OS7 Web hosting Server. There were couple of steps which we are supposed to go through, please see this link -

[URL="http://docs.asp.net/en/latest/getting-started/installing-on-linux.html"]

We are stuck at Create a Container & then Running the Container, not knowing anything about Container. Can any of you help me how to go about further.

Regards,
John
ASP.NET 5 Application on Centos OS7 Web Hosting Server-containerpng

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ASP.net in unix based system. Someone Help Me

Hi Guys, i am new to the fourms.. i have one doubt related to unix.. i was developed one application in asp.net under windows platfrom. i want to run this application in sun one web server under unix environment.. Its possible or not .. please calrify my doubt. Thanks and Regards... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksathiya76
4 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Development tools like VS,ASP.Net

Hi I want to shift to Mac OS X , I wanted to know whether there are any similar development tools like VS,asp.net,.net frameworks are available in Mac OS X or not? I mean how does one can compete with windows with the same results those of microsoft? Are there any extra software availble or where... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MULTIVERSE
7 Replies

3. AIX

From ASP.NET to Oracle on unix

Dear all , I have a serious question and i need an answer before i go throught a new project. I have an oracle DB is on remote UNIX box.How can I connect through ASP.net on a windows server machine to the oracle db and do all the jobs i need (insert ,update delete) ? is their is a way ?? please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoshakhs
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail/ftp/web servers, on VIRTUAL!! dedicated server. Also resource usage. Centos 5.

Hi. First of all, would 4 or 5 websites, 1 ftp server (when downloading by someone or a few persons or one, concretize) and one mail server (not many emails, just to sound official and have a nice, spam-free email for myself). Websites with not that many, but some, later more visitors, quite... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newn
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ldap connection after hosting on Web Server

Hi.. I have very limited knowledge on LDAP and its configuration and but I have been trying to figure out one issue that takes place when I am running the program that is written in php, but so far its unsuccessful. The server, I am working on is ldap server, which is running on Apache. After... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GomathiUoM
1 Replies
asupgrade(1m)						    Application Server Utility						     asupgrade(1m)

NAME
asupgrade - migrates the configuration of a previously installed Sun Java System Application Server SYNOPSIS
asupgrade [-c | --console] [-V --version] [-h | --help]-s | -source applicationserver7.x_installation -t --target application- server8.x_installation [-d | --domain domain_name -n | --nsspwdfile NSS_password_filepath -j | --jkspwdfile JKS_password_filepath -p | --capwdfile CA_password_filepath] Use the asupgrade utility to migrate the server configration and its persisted state, J2EE services, and deployed J2EE applications. The configuration of an installed Sun Java System Application Server 7 is migrated to the Sun Java System Application Server 8 Application Server installation. If the domain contains information about a deployed application and the installed application components do not agree with the configuration information, the configuration is migrated as is without any attempt to reconfigure the incorrect configurations. asupgrade migrates the configuration and deployed applications of a previous version of the Application Server; however, the runtime bina- ries of the server are not updated. Database migrations or conversions are beyond the scope of the asupgrade command. Only those instances that do not use the Sun Java System Web Server specific features will be upgraded seamlessly. Configration files related to HTTP path, CGI bin, SHTML, and NSAPI plugins will not be upgraded. The upgrade process can also be initiated automatically at installation time using the Upgrade checkbox in the Application Server install- er. After completion of the upgrade, use the Application Server 7 Uninstaller to remove the previous version of the Application Server. Application archives (.ear) and component archives (.jar, .war, .rar) that are deployed in the Application Server 7 environment do not require any modification to run on Application Server 8. However applications and components deployed in the source server are repackaged into new J2EE archives in the target server's autodeploy directory and are deployed upon server startup. Applications that do not deploy successfully, must use Migrationtool (asmigrate) on the application and then manually redeploy the application. You must specify the source and target directories for the upgrade. If the upgrade includes certificates, you must also provide the pass- words for the source PKCS12 file and the target JKS keyfile for each domain that contains certificates to be migrated. Since Application Server 7 uses a different certificate store format (NSS) than Application Server 8 (JSSE), the migration keys and certificates are con- verted to the new format. Upon successful upgrade, an upgrate report is generated listing successfully migrated items along with a list of the items that could not be migrated. OPTIONS
-c --console launches the upgrade command line utility. -V--version displays the version of the UpgradeTool. -h--help displays the arguments for launching the UpgradeTool. -s--source identifies the installation directory for Sun Java System Application Server 7. -t--target identifies the installation directory for Sun Java System Application Server 8. -d--domain identifies the destination domain name for the migrated certificates. -n--nsspwdfile identifies the path to the NSS password file. -j--jkspwdfile identifies the path to the JKS password file. -p--capwdfile identifies the path to the CA certificate password file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using asupgrade example% upgrade -s /home/sunas7 -t /home/sunas8 SEE ALSO
asmigrate(1M) Sun Java System Application Server March 2004 asupgrade(1m)