Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget Post 302967992 by RudiC on Wednesday 2nd of March 2016 06:20:04 AM
Old 03-02-2016
Try to escape the & char with a \ char.

---------- Post updated at 12:20 ---------- Previous update was at 12:16 ----------

With an unescaped & the shell will try to put the command line so far into background.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to download file using wget

Hi I need a Shell script that will download a text file every second from a http server using wget. Can anyone provide me any pointers or sample scripts that will help me go about this task ??? regards techie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techie82
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using wget to download a file

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to use wget recursively to download a file. Only html files are being downloaded, instead of the target file. I'm trying this for the first time, here's what I've tried: wget -r -O jdk.bin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoughts
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

download a particular file using wget

Hi All I want to download srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux24_EM64T.tar.gz file from the following website : http://downloads.biowisdomsrs.com/srs83_dist/ But this website contains lots of zipped files I want to download the above file only discarding other zipped files. When I am trying the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

download file using wget

I need to download the following srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux26_32.tar.gz file from the following website: http://downloads.biowisdomsrs.com/srs83_dist There are many gzip files along with the above one in the above site but I want to download the srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux26_32.tar.gz only from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Disappearing wget download [Windows]

I downloaded and installed wget for windows, then used cmd.exe to run it directly from its install folder. I downloaded an 8.5 GB (yes, Giga) tar file, waited a couple of days, then tried to find it only to see that it's nowhere to be found! I don't want to re-download the whole thing, especially... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HalfThere
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download file without curl and wget

Hi I need a Shell script that will download a zip file every second from a http server but i can't use neither curl nor wget. Can anyone will help me go about this task ??? Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rubber08
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files download using wget

Hi, I need to implement below logic to download files daily from a URL. * Need to check if it is yesterday's file (YYYY-DD-MM.dat) * If present then download from URL (sample_url/2013-01-28.dat) * Need to implement wait logic if not present * if it still not able to find the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh5300
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cancel wget download after 1%?

I am running a video download test and automating that. I wanna know how to stop a wget download session when downloads reached 1% Thanks in advance, Tamil (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamil.pamaran
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget download file ( do not overwrite )

Hello all, I want to write auto update script for my embedded device, which can check and download newer version of my program and extract the files on the device. The download center is hosted on remote web server . Script checks the hosted file on web site and if the new version is there... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefki
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change wget download directory?

i have a cron that mirrors a site periodically wget -r -nc --passive-ftp ftp://user:pass@123.456.789.0 i want to download this into a directory called /files but when I do this, it always create a new directory called "123.456.789.0" (the hostname) it puts it into /files/123.456.789.0 but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
3 Replies
SMBGET(1)							   User Commands							 SMBGET(1)

NAME
smbget - wget-like utility for download files over SMB SYNOPSIS
smbget [-a, --guest] [-r, --resume] [-R, --recursive] [-u, --username=STRING] [-p, --password=STRING] [-w, --workgroup=STRING] [-n, --nonprompt] [-d, --debuglevel=INT] [-D, --dots] [-P, --keep-permissions] [-o, --outputfile] [-f, --rcfile] [-q, --quiet] [-v, --verbose] [-b, --blocksize] [-O, --stdout] [-U, --update] [-?, --help] [--usage] {smb://host/share/path/to/file} [smb://url2/] [...] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(7) suite. smbget is a simple utility with wget-like semantics, that can download files from SMB servers. You can specify the files you would like to download on the command-line. The files should be in the smb-URL standard, e.g. use smb://host/share/file for the UNC path \\HOST\SHARE\file. OPTIONS
-a, --guest Work as user guest -r, --resume Automatically resume aborted files -R, --recursive Recursively download files -u, --username=STRING Username to use -p, --password=STRING Password to use -w, --workgroup=STRING Workgroup to use (optional) -n, --nonprompt Don't ask anything (non-interactive) -d, --debuglevel=INT Debuglevel to use -D, --dots Show dots as progress indication -P, --keep-permissions Set same permissions on local file as are set on remote file. -o, --outputfile Write the file that is being downloaded to the specified file. Can not be used together with -R. -O, --stdout Write the file that is being downloaded to standard output. -f, --rcfile Use specified rcfile. This will be loaded in the order it was specified - e.g. if you specify any options before this one, they might get overridden by the contents of the rcfile. -q, --quiet Be quiet -v, --verbose Be verbose -b, --blocksize Number of bytes to download in a block. Defaults to 64000. -?, --help Show help message --usage Display brief usage message -U, --update Download only when remote file is newer than local file or local file is missing. -e|--encrypt This command line parameter requires the remote server support the UNIX extensions or that the SMB3 protocol has been selected. Requests that the connection be encrypted. Negotiates SMB encryption using either SMB3 or POSIX extensions via GSSAPI. Uses the given credentials for the encryption negotiation (either kerberos or NTLMv1/v2 if given domain/username/password triple. Fails the connection if encryption cannot be negotiated. SMB URLS
SMB URL's should be specified in the following format: smb://[[[domain;]user[:password@]]server[/share[/path[/file]]]] smb:// means all the workgroups smb://name/ means, if name is a workgroup, all the servers in this workgroup, or if name is a server, all the shares on this server. EXAMPLES
# Recursively download 'src' directory smbget -R smb://rhonwyn/jelmer/src # Download FreeBSD ISO and enable resuming smbget -r smb://rhonwyn/isos/FreeBSD5.1.iso # Recursively download all ISOs smbget -Rr smb://rhonwyn/isos # Backup my data on rhonwyn smbget -Rr smb://rhonwyn/ BUGS
Permission denied is returned in some cases where the cause of the error is unknown (such as an illegally formatted smb:// url or trying to get a directory without -R turned on). VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The smbget manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 SMBGET(1)