Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Variables
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Variables Post 302967867 by ranidev on Monday 29th of February 2016 11:40:00 AM
Old 02-29-2016
sorry for confusion

No I am sorry but it typed from my keyboard in initcaps but I typed the command in lower case only.

And no there was no space between a $ & variable name.

So what is it I do to print the next file from a new line. Can you giver me some details?

And why is it not setting the variables. I am using proper syntax.

Thank you for helping me with this.

Rajnu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Variables to Set Other Variables

I have a script that I'm trying to shorten (below) by removing repetitive code. if ] then commodity_ndm_done=Y fi if ] then customer_ndm_done=Y fi if ] then department_ndm_done=Y fi if ] then division_ndm_done=Y fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superdelic
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

non-variables with $

I am writing a csh script and I need to echo a word that starts with $ and is not a variable. How do I do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oprestol
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

naming variables with variables

Hello, FIRST QUESTION: I am writing a script in which a query is taken at the beginning of the script to be later used at the end. In the query, variables are generated from a loop, and I would like to assign the variable NAME (not value) with an appended 1, 2, 3, 4.....n. The number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Allasso
2 Replies

4. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using cd on Variables

I can't for the love of me figure out how to work with double quotes and single quotes in variables in bash scripts. For instance, I added the following line to my .bash_aliases file: WINDOWS="'/host/Documents and Settings/Solar Zenith/My Documents'"; I want this so that I can go straight to 'My... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solar zenith
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables

I need to define a variable of variable. I'll try to explain it. I've a list: LIST="aaa bbb ccc"I need to do something like: for word in LIST ;do res_$word=`ls $word` done This doesn't work. Any idea? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekaes
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH arrays and variables of variables in C++

Sometimes it is handy to protect long scripts in C++. The following syntax works fine for simple commands: #define SHELLSCRIPT1 "\ #/bin/bash \n\ echo \"hello\" \n\ " int main () { cout <<system(SHELLSCRIPT1); return 0; } Unfortunately for there are problems for: 1d arrays:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass variables into anothother variables?

Below are three variables, which I want to pass into variable RESULT1 username1=userid poihostname1=dellsys.com port1=8080 How can I pass these variables into below code... RESULT1=$((ssh -n username1@poihostname1 time /usr/sfw/bin/wget --user=sam --password=123 -O /dev/null -q... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
4 Replies
ntext(n)					     Alternative Bindings for the Text Widget						  ntext(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ntext - Alternative Bindings for the Text Widget SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.5 package require Tk 8.5 package require ntext ?0.81? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The purpose of the ntext package is to make the text widget behave more like other text-editing applications. It makes the text widget more useful for implementing a text editor, and makes it behave in a way that will be more familiar to most users. The package provides a binding tag named Ntext for use by text widgets in place of the default Text binding tag. Package ntext 's functions and variables are contained entirely in the ::ntext namespace; its other code is contained in the binding tag Ntext. ntext has no exports to the global or other namespaces, and no new widget commands. It uses modified copies of the Tk code, leav- ing the original code, and the Text binding tag, unchanged. The differences between the Ntext binding tag and the default Text binding tag are in three categories: o Some Text bindings behave differently from most text-editing applications. Ntext gives these bindings more familiar behaviour. For details see ntextBindings. o When a logical line with leading whitespace is word-wrapped onto more than one display line, the wrapped display lines begin further to the left than the first display line, which can make the text layout untidy and difficult to read. Ntext can indent the wrapped lines to match the leading whitespace of the first display line (this facility is switched off by default). For details see ntex- tIndent. o When the user navigates or selects text, Tcl/Tk sometimes needs to detect word boundaries. Ntext provides improved rules for word boundary detection. For details see ntextWordBreak. The remainder of this page describes the basic use and configuration of all three aspects of Ntext. For more detailed information on the different facilities of Ntext, see the pages ntextBindings, ntextIndent, and ntextWordBreak. See Section EXAMPLE for how to apply the Ntext binding tag in place of the Text binding tag. CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
Ntext provides alternatives to a number of behaviours of the classic Text binding tag. Where there is an option, the Ntext behaviour (except for display-line indentation) is switched on by default. The behaviour of Ntext may be configured application-wide by setting the values of a number of namespace variables: ::ntext::classicAnchor o 0 - (default value) selects Ntext behaviour, i.e. the anchor point is fixed o 1 - selects classic Text behaviour, i.e. the anchor point is variable ::ntext::classicExtras o 0 - (default value) selects Ntext behaviour, i.e. several traditional Text bindings are de-activated o 1 - selects classic Text behaviour, i.e. all Text bindings are activated ::ntext::classicMouseSelect o 0 - (default value) selects Ntext behaviour, i.e. the anchor point for mouse selection operations is moved by keyboard navigation o 1 - selects classic Text behaviour ::ntext::classicWordBreak o 0 - (default value) selects Ntext behaviour, i.e. platform-independent, two classes of word characters and one class of non-word characters. o 1 - selects classic Text behaviour, i.e. platform-dependent, one class of word characters and one class of non-word characters o After changing this value, the matching patterns should be recalculated. See ntextWordBreak for details and advanced configuration options. ::ntext::classicWrap o 0 - selects Ntext behaviour, i.e. display lines of text widgets in -wrap word mode are indented to match the initial whitespace of the first display line of a logical line. If the widget already holds text when this value is set, a function call may be neces- sary. See ntextIndent for detailed instructions on the use of Ntext 's indentation. o 1 - (default value) selects classic Text behaviour, i.e. no indentation ::ntext::overwrite o 0 - (initial value) text typed at the keyboard is inserted into the widget o 1 - text typed at the keyboard overwrites text already in the widget o The value is toggled by the Insert key. EXAMPLE
To create a text widget .t and use the Ntext bindings: package require ntext text .t bindtags .t {.t Ntext . all} See bindtags for more information. SEE ALSO
bindtags, ntextBindings, ntextIndent, ntextWordBreak, re_syntax, regexp, text KEYWORDS
bindtags, re_syntax, regexp, text ntext 0.81 ntext(n)