Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Shared-SMT-4 vs Dedicated-SMT-4 on capped LPAR Post 302967796 by amitlib on Sunday 28th of February 2016 10:14:24 AM
Old 02-28-2016
Shared-SMT-4 vs Dedicated-SMT-4 on capped LPAR

Hi,

I have a POWER8 server running in Processor Implementation Mode: POWER 7.
I have 2 LPAR's, both are capped with 4 cores.

One of them displays:
Code:
Shared-SMT-4

and the other:
Code:
Dedicated-SMT-4

What is the difference when running in capped mode?

Thanks

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-28-2016 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: Quote tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Smt

How do you turn SMT(symm multi threading).I think that is what it's called.:) TIA Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Anything like AIX's SMT?

I'm working on a system to monitor a wide-range of Unix platforms, and I'd like to know if HP-UX has anything similar to AIX's SMT (simultaneous multithreading)? If there a way to separate an HP-UX CPU into multiple logical partitions which can then act as multiple CPUs? Thanks in advance, Dave (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaveZeltserman
0 Replies

3. Programming

Shared memory for shared library

I am writing a shared library in Linux (but compatible with other UNIXes) and I want to allow multiple instances to share a piece of memory -- 1 byte is enough. What's the "best" way to do this? I want to optimize for speed and portability. Obviously, I'll have to worry about mutual exclusion. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
0 Replies

4. AIX

Enable SMT

How to enable SMT in aix 5.2 ml 9? If i run smtctl it gives error ksh: smtctl: not found. please tell me if SMT is supported in 5.2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
4 Replies

5. Solaris

capped-memory in zone

How does capped-memory work in zones? I have 32G of memory and 10 zones. I want about physical=4G and swap=4G in each zone. Is this possible? I am going over the 32G. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: photon
1 Replies

6. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

7. Solaris

zone breaching 'capped-memory' threshold

Calling upon all Solaris zone experts. I have a Sun T3-1 that is running a few whole-root zones. I've set the 'capped-memory' setting on all the zones. However, I have a problem on the one zone. Under load it uses more memory that has been allocated to it. zonecfg -z sunrep02 export ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

8. Programming

Shared library with acces to shared memory.

Hello. I am new to this forum and I would like to ask for advice about low level POSIX programming. I have to implement a POSIX compliant C shared library. A file will have some variables and the shared library will have some functions which need those variables. There is one special... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjag
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Finding capped memory of a non global zone

Is there a way to find the capped memory of a solaris non global zone from the non global zone itself (given rcapd is disabled) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CuriousDev
6 Replies

10. AIX

How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server Or A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created. Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..? On a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)