Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Set Proxy In The Terminal & problem Package Installing Post 302967758 by mnnn on Sunday 28th of February 2016 03:19:36 AM
Old 02-28-2016
Code:
[root@Centos ~]# echo $?
[root@Centos ~]# yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Determining fastest mirrors
YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or file.
 Eg. $releasever is not a valid and current release or hasnt been released yet/
removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors: /var/cache/yum/x86_64/$releasever/base/mirrorlist.txt
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base
ping 8.8.8.8
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=1 ttl=34 time=159 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=2 ttl=34 time=148 ms

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set Proxy for Pop3, SMTP etc

I'm ok to linux but not too much. I want to know that I ve running the Linux(RedHat 9.0) Based server install for Proxy(Interconnection Sharing) I had implement Squid for HTTP Proxy on which some services like IE, NetScape, Yahoo Messenger, MSN messenger and Get Right are running but I want to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkashifj
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing font package

Hi All, Where do I find/download this font package 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERIF-FONT_STYLE_NORMAL-14' and how to install it ? When I run an osi utility (ftamtool) it shows me this error: ##FTAM Tool : XView ERROR XView warning: Impossible de charger le jeu de caractères 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
0 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

problem installing software package with MPI support

So I have been struggling for the past few days to install a simulation package lammps (http://lammps.sandia.gov/) on my Mac OS X. I am well aware that this is a Ubuntu forum, but you guys seem to know a lot of UNIX stuff, so I was hoping someone might have a solution to my problem... To run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oscar78
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Output of Custom package scripts to terminal

Hi, I am doing some testing with creation of depots on HP-UX systems (11.11). Want to display some echo statements based on the processing during checkinstall, pre & postinstall scripts on the terminal. The echo statements are getting directed to /var/adm/sw/swagent.log I want to display... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to set up Squid Proxy as a web page

I have Squid set up, but when my friend wants to use it, he has to enter my IP and port in his browser settings every time. How can I make it so that he only has to go a webpage I create, and use the proxy from there instead of having to change his browser Network settings every single time? I also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem while installing WAS ND package

Hi everyone, Hope u doing good. I am trying to installl WebSphere Application Server(WAS) ND package, i got problem at initial level I hope, the problem is with Mozilla browzer. Can anyone trobleshoot the problem An error occurred while starting the launchpad for a WebSphere Application ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarfraz
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

8. Solaris

LC_ALL & LANG are set OK, but others couldn't set locale correctly.

Hi, I have a Solaris (SunOS 5.10) installed, by default with the en_AU.UTF-8 locale. I want to change it to en_US.UTF-8 With AU, I have no issues whatsoever, so I installed the language package and now locale -a shows "en_US.UTF-8". Problem is even with LC_ALL set in etc/default/init, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdfg
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Installing package

Hi, I need to use the tool "meminfo" in the server, however am not able to as it says the package is not found. I am also not able to find the package in the "HPUX Porting and Archive center". Please guide on how to install this package? Thanks, Aigini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
repoquery(1)															      repoquery(1)

NAME
repoquery - query information from Yum repositories SYNOPSIS
repoquery [options] <item ...> repoquery -a [options] DESCRIPTION
repoquery is a program for querying information from YUM repositories similarly to rpm queries. GENERAL OPTIONS
--querytags List valid queryformat tags and exit.. -v, --version Report program version and exit. --repoid=<repo> Specify which repository to query. Using this option disables all repositories not explicitly enabled with --repoid option (can be used multiple times). By default repoquery uses whatever repositories are enabled in YUM configuration. --enablerepo=<repo> In addition to the default set, query the given additional repository, even if it is disabled in YUM configuration. Can be used multiple times. --disablerepo=<repo> Do not query the given repository, even if it is enabled in YUM configuration. Can be used multiple times. --repofrompath=<repoid>,<path/url> Specify a path or url to a repository (same path as in a baseurl) to add to the repositories for this query. This option can be used multiple times. If you want to view only the pkgs from this repository combine this with --repoid. The repoid for the repository is specified by <repoid>. --plugins Enable YUM plugin support. -q, --query For rpmquery compatibility, doesn't do anything. -h, --help Help; display a help message and then quit. --quiet Run quietly: no warnings printed to stderr. --verbose Produce verbose output. -C, --cache Tells repoquery to run entirely from YUM cache - does not download any metadata or update the cache. Queries in this mode can fail or give partial/incorrect results if the cache isn't fully populated beforehand with eg "yum makecache". --tempcache Create and use a private cache instead of the main YUM cache. This is used by default when run as non-root user. -c <config file>, --config=<config file> Use alternative config file (default is /etc/yum.conf). --releasever=version Pretend the current release version is the given string. This is very useful when combined with --installroot. You can also use --releasever=/ to take the releasever information from outside the installroot. Note that with the default upstream cachedir, of /var/cache/yum, using this option will corrupt your cache (and you can use $releasever in your cachedir configuration to stop this). --installroot=root Specifies an alternative installroot, relative to which all packages will be installed. Think of this like doing "chroot <root> yum" except using --installroot allows yum to work before the chroot is created. Note: You may also want to use the option --relea- sever=/ when creating the installroot as otherwise the $releasever value is taken from the rpmdb within the installroot (and thus. will be empty, before creation). --setopt=option=value Set any config option in yum config or repo files. For options in the global config just use: --setopt=option=value for repo options use: --setopt=repoid.option=value PACKAGE QUERY OPTIONS
-i, --info Show general information about package similarly to "rpm -qi" -l, --list List files in package. -R, --requires List package dependencies. --resolve When used with --requires, resolve capabilities to originating packages. --provides List capabilities package provides. --obsoletes List capabilities obsoleted by package. --conflicts List capabilities conflicting with package. --changelog List package changelog. --location Show a location where the package could be downloaded from. For example: wget `repoquery --location yum` -s, --source Show package source RPM name. --srpm Operate on corresponding source RPM. --groupmember PACKAGE List the repodata groups (yumgroups.xml) belongs to (if any). --nvr Use name-version-release output format (rpm query default) --nevra Use name-epoch:version-release.architecture output format (default) --envra Use epoch:name-version-release.architecture output format (easier to parse than nevra) --qf=FORMAT, --queryformat=FORMAT Specify custom output format for queries. You can add ":date", ":day" and ":isodate" to all the tags that are a time, and you can add ":k", ":m", ":g", ":t" and ":h" to sizes. You can also specify field width as in sprintf (Eg. %-20{name}) --output [text|ascii-tree|dot-tree] Output format which can be used with --requires/--whatrequires/--obsoletes/--conflicts. Default output is 'text'. --level [all|any int] In combination with --output ascii-tree|dot-tree this option specifies the number of level to print on the tree. Default level is 'all'. PACKAGE SELECTION OPTIONS
-a, --all Query all available packages (for rpmquery compatibility / shorthand for repoquery '*') --show-duplicates Query all versions of packages. -f, --file FILE Query package owning FILE. --whatobsoletes CAPABILITY Query all packages that obsolete CAPABILITY. --whatconflicts CAPABILITY Query all packages that conflict with CAPABILITY. --whatprovides CAPABILITY Query all packages that provide CAPABILITY. --whatrequires CAPABILITY Query all packages that require CAPABILITY. --alldeps When used with --whatrequires, look for non-explicit dependencies in addition to explicit ones (e.g. files and Provides in addition to package names). This is the default. --exactdeps When used with --whatrequires, search for dependencies only exactly as given. This is effectively the opposite of --alldeps. --recursive When used with --whatrequires, and --requires --resolve, query packages recursively. --archlist=ARCH1[,ARCH2...] Limit the query to packages of given architecture(s). Valid values are all architectures known to rpm/yum such as 'i386' and 'src' for source RPMS. Note that repoquery will now change yum's "arch" to the first value in the archlist. So "--archlist=i386,i686" will change yum's canonical arch to i386, but allow packages of i386 and i686. --pkgnarrow=WHAT Limit what packages are considered for the query. Valid values for WHAT are: installed, available, recent, updates, extras, all and repository (default). --installed Restrict query ONLY to installed pkgs - disables all repos and only acts on rpmdb. GROUP QUERY OPTIONS
-i, --info Show general information about group. -l, --list List packages belonging to (required by) group. --grouppkgs=WHAT Specify what type of packages are queried from groups. Valid values for WHAT are all, mandatory, default, optional. --requires List groups required by group. GROUP SELECTION OPTIONS
-a Query all available groups. -g, --group Query groups instead of packages. EXAMPLES
List all packages whose name contains 'perl': repoquery '*perl*' List all packages depending on openssl: repoquery --whatrequires openssl List all package names and the repository they come from, nicely formatted: repoquery -a --qf "%-20{repoid} %{name}" List name and summary of all available updates (if any), nicely formatted: repoquery -a --pkgnarrow=updates --qf "%{name}: %{summary} " List optional packages in base group: repoquery -g --grouppkgs=optional -l base List build requirements from 'anaconda' source rpm: repoquery --requires anaconda.src List packages which BuildRequire gail-devel repoquery --archlist=src --whatrequires gail-devel NB: This command will only work if you have repositories enabled which include srpms. MISC
Specifying package names A package can be referred to in all queries with any of the following: name name.arch name-ver name-ver-rel name-ver-rel.arch name-epoch:ver-rel.arch epoch:name-ver-rel.arch For example: repoquery -l kernel-2.4.1-10.i686 Additionally wildcards (shell-style globs) can be used. FILES
As repoquery uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repos- itories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Panu Matilainen 17 October 2005 repoquery(1)