Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming SQL issues comparing Long field to sysdate Post 302967710 by mrn6430 on Friday 26th of February 2016 06:32:18 PM
Old 02-26-2016
Wrench SQL issues comparing Long field to sysdate

I am having hard time with this sql:

Code:
select partition_name, high_value
    FROM user_tab_partitions
   WHERE table_name = 'WNP_TPRESPONSE_INSTANCE'
    and to_char(high_value) <= to_char(sysdate - 15, 'yyyymm')
;

I get an error: ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected CHAR got LONG

high_value is defined as long and here is a sample data:

PARTITION_NAME HIGH_VALUE
CURRENT_P '000001'
P_201009 '201010'
P_201010 '201011'

How to do i do this conversion !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract 100 from first field in long list? Simple manipulation?

It sounds so easy to do. I have a file thats laid out like this.. number text text text text (etc about 15 times with various text fields) I want to take the first field, "number", subtract 100 from it, and then put it back in the file. a simple little manipulation of the first field in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Field comparing in files

Guys trying to compare field in two files. For Ex: demo.txt 23.33.4.2 hostname 3.2.4.2 hostname12 demo1.txt 3.3.3.3 hostname23 45.23.23.23 hostname 323 I would like to compare the ips b/w these two files.any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a field from a long sentence!

Hi, I want to extract the value of LENGTH column (high-lighted in red) from a file which will have several lines as shown below: <INPUT VAR1 ="" DATATYPE ="number(p,s)" VAR2 ="" VAR3 ="3" VAR4="0" VAR5 ="ELEMITEM" VAR6 ="NO" VAR7 ="NOT A KEY" VAR8 ="17" LEVEL ="0" NAME ="UNIX" NULLABLE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in Shell Script comparing todays date with Yesterday date from Sysdate

Hi, I want to compare today's date(DDMMYYYY) with yesterday(DDMMYYYY) from system date,if (today month = yesterday month) then execute alter query else do nothing. The above requirement i want in Shell script(KSH)... Can any one please help me? Double post, continued here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmsk1331
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql "sysdate" in unix?

I am use unix shell script to called an sql Script to query data in my shell program. sqlplus -S /nolog @update.sql but my script on function "sysdate" not work !! Could you tel me,How can i use function "sysdate" on unix or can replace the other function in my script to get data in system... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krai
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing file with Sql output.

Hi Guys, I need to compare the sql output with a column present in a file. I am able to read the column from the file and stored in a variable. Can somebody help how to store output of the below query to a variable. The database is Oracle. Select count(*) from tableName; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

issues with sql inside if statement

Hi, I have problem with the following code. My IF block is not executed. And I see "syntax error near unexpected token `)'" error for line "EOF" in the stats_function(). but when I comment the IF block I don't see this error. Kindly help me with this issue. clean_function() {... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with comparing 2 files timestamps

Hi, Im trying to write a script to first check a directory and if the filename has "ACK" in it do nothing and exit but if it has "ORD" in the filename then compare it with a dummy file created 2 minutes previous and see which one is newer Im getting a few errors which im unsure how to rectofy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple long field separators

How do I use multiple field separators in awk? I know that if I use awk -F"", both a and b will be field separators. But what if I need two field separators that both are longer than one letter? If I want the field separators to be "ab" and "cd", I will not be able to use awk -F"". The ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run sql query having a long listing of parameters

Hi, I have a query regarding execution of a sql query having long listing of parameters ..I need to execute this query inside a shell script. The scenario is like.... Suppose I have a file abc.txt that has the card numbers..it could be in thousands.. then I need to fire a query like ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
12 Replies
PG_SELECT(3)															      PG_SELECT(3)

pg_select - Select records

SYNOPSIS
mixed pg_select (resource $connection, string $table_name, array $assoc_array, [int $options = PGSQL_DML_EXEC]) DESCRIPTION
pg_select(3) selects records specified by assoc_array which has field=>value. For a successful query, it returns an array containing all records and fields that match the condition specified by assoc_array. If options is specified, pg_convert(3) is applied to assoc_array with the specified flags. PARAMETERS
o $connection - PostgreSQL database connection resource. o $table_name - Name of the table from which to select rows. o $assoc_array - An array whose keys are field names in the table $table_name, and whose values are the conditions that a row must meet to be retrieved. o $options - Any number of PGSQL_CONV_FORCE_NULL, PGSQL_DML_NO_CONV, PGSQL_DML_ESCAPE, PGSQL_DML_EXEC, PGSQL_DML_ASYNC or PGSQL_DML_STRING combined. If PGSQL_DML_STRING is part of the $options then query string is returned. When PGSQL_DML_NO_CONV or PGSQL_DML_ESCAPE is set, it does not call pg_convert(3) internally. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. Returns string if PGSQL_DML_STRING is passed via $options. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pg_select(3) example <?php $db = pg_connect('dbname=foo'); // This is safe, since $_POST is converted automatically $rec = pg_select($db, 'post_log', $_POST); if ($rec) { echo "Records selected "; var_dump($rec); } else { echo "User must have sent wrong inputs "; } ?> CHANGELOG
+-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.6.0 | | | | | | | No longer experimental. Added PGSQL_DML_ESCAPE | | | constant, TRUE/ FALSE and NULL data type support. | | | | |5.5.3/5.4.19 | | | | | | | Direct SQL injection to $table_name and Indirect | | | SQL injection to identifiers are fixed. | | | | +-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pg_convert(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_SELECT(3)