Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find previous string based on an input string? Post 302967426 by netbanker on Tuesday 23rd of February 2016 06:08:51 PM
Old 02-23-2016
that works perfectly!
thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

input a string and copy lines from a file with that string on it

i have a file1 with many lines. i have a script that will let me input a string. for example, APPLE. what i need to do is to copy all lines from file1 where i can find APPLE or any string that i specify and paste in on file 2 thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: engr.jay
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace string based on entries on another file

I have a file1 with different with multiple fields and records File2 has 2 fields. I want to find and replace strings in file1 based on file2 values (I Want an exact match i.e. for example: when searching for DT:3, Substr of DT:34 should not be matched) File2: DT:3 foo_err DT:34 bar_frr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pad zeroes based on input string?

Hello everyone, I am comparing two floating point numbers by storing them in seperate files and then using difference command to verify,it is working fine. But I want to compare two values which will come at 4 precision places. ex: file1 Date,Count,Checksum... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Scripting help to input string and search a file to find

Hi everyone, I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input within a file I know will have to use the read and grep commands, anyone can give me somewhere to start would help Task: Write a script to display... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 12ic11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi everyone, I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input within a file I know will have to use the read and grep commands, anyone can give me somewhere to start would help Task: Write a script to display which volume pool a given... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi Don, this is not homework question. I work for a Credit card company and my development goal this year is to learn Unix. I would love if others can help me get started, thanks. Hi everyone I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a user input string after matched string in file

i am having file like this #!/bin/bash read -p 'Username: ' uservar match='<color="red" />' text='this is only a test so please be patient <color="red" />' echo "$text" | sed "s/$match/&$uservar\g" so desireble output what i want is if user type MARIA this is only a test so please... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string based on input

I am trying to read a value from a mapping file and would need to replace the value based on country parameter source_table_@ctry_final Expected final_var=source_table_aus_final If the country is in nz,usa,uk then final_var=diff_table_nz_final final_var=diff_table_usa_final like that... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
10 Replies
CURLOPT_TIMEOUT(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options						CURLOPT_TIMEOUT(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_TIMEOUT - set maximum time the request is allowed to take SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, long timeout); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long as parameter containing timeout - the maximum time in seconds that you allow the libcurl transfer operation to take. Normally, name lookups can take a considerable time and limiting operations to less than a few minutes risk aborting perfectly normal operations. This option may cause libcurl to use the SIGALRM signal to timeout system calls. In unix-like systems, this might cause signals to be used unless CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL(3) is set. If both CURLOPT_TIMEOUT(3) and CURLOPT_TIMEOUT_MS(3) are set, the value set last will be used. Since this puts a hard limit for how long time a request is allowed to take, it has limited use in dynamic use cases with varying transfer times. You are then advised to explore CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_LIMIT(3), CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_TIME(3) or using CURLOPT_PROGRESSFUNCTION(3) to imple- ment your own timeout logic. DEFAULT
Default timeout is 0 (zero) which means it never times out during transfer. PROTOCOLS
All EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://example.com"); /* complete within 20 seconds */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 20L); curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Always RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_TIMEOUT_MS(3), CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT(3), CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_LIMIT(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_TIMEOUT(3)