Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Not able to run perf on Linux 4.4 kernel (Ubuntu 15.10) Post 302967405 by BHASKAR JUPUDI on Tuesday 23rd of February 2016 11:36:32 AM
Old 02-23-2016
But I'm unable to find linux-tools-generic here:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/xenial/....4.0-1-generic

When I'm trying to do from this website:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/xenial/...eric/4.4.0.7.8

I'm getting an error:
Dependency not satisfiable.

Last edited by BHASKAR JUPUDI; 02-23-2016 at 12:44 PM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ubuntu Realtime Kernel Trouble

Ever since the new release of the Realtime kernel, JACK and Ardour and anything else that could use it doesn't work. It works if i turn off realtime in Jack, but thats precisely why I installed intrepid in the first place. for the realtime kernel. it worked so well! what i've learned with linux:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheMusician
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to run User-mode Linux installed with synaptic package manager in Ubuntu 10.10

I have installed user-mode linux kernel in Ubuntu 10.10 with the help of Synaptic package manager. But I'm not getting how to run it. If we install it manually, we've to run it using the executable binary file. But here, I'm unable to locate any such file. Please help.... Thanking You.... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitadeshmukh1
0 Replies
PERF-LOCK(1)							    perf Manual 						      PERF-LOCK(1)

NAME
perf-lock - Analyze lock events SYNOPSIS
perf lock {record|report|script|info} DESCRIPTION
You can analyze various lock behaviours and statistics with this perf lock command. 'perf lock record <command>' records lock events between start and end <command>. And this command produces the file "perf.data" which contains tracing results of lock events. 'perf lock report' reports statistical data. 'perf lock script' shows raw lock events. 'perf lock info' shows metadata like threads or addresses of lock instances. COMMON OPTIONS
-i, --input=<file> Input file name. (default: perf.data unless stdin is a fifo) -v, --verbose Be more verbose (show symbol address, etc). -D, --dump-raw-trace Dump raw trace in ASCII. REPORT OPTIONS
-k, --key=<value> Sorting key. Possible values: acquired (default), contended, wait_total, wait_max, wait_min. INFO OPTIONS
-t, --threads dump thread list in perf.data -m, --map dump map of lock instances (address:name table) SEE ALSO
perf(1) perf 06/30/2014 PERF-LOCK(1)