Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Not able to run perf on Linux 4.4 kernel (Ubuntu 15.10) Post 302967391 by BHASKAR JUPUDI on Tuesday 23rd of February 2016 10:35:06 AM
Old 02-23-2016
Not able to run perf on Linux 4.4 kernel (Ubuntu 15.10)

I'm not able to run perf on linux 4.4. I'm using ubuntu 15.10.

The error I'm getting is:

Code:
WARNING: perf not found for kernel 4.4.0

You may need to install the following packages for this specific kernel: linux-tools-4.4.0-4.4.0 linux-cloud-tools-4.4.0-4.4.0

You may also want to install one of the following packages to keep up to date: linux-tools-4.4.0 linux-cloud-tools-4.4.0

I also tried to install linux-tools specific package and even then I'm getting the same error. Am I doing something wrong here?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ubuntu Realtime Kernel Trouble

Ever since the new release of the Realtime kernel, JACK and Ardour and anything else that could use it doesn't work. It works if i turn off realtime in Jack, but thats precisely why I installed intrepid in the first place. for the realtime kernel. it worked so well! what i've learned with linux:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheMusician
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to run User-mode Linux installed with synaptic package manager in Ubuntu 10.10

I have installed user-mode linux kernel in Ubuntu 10.10 with the help of Synaptic package manager. But I'm not getting how to run it. If we install it manually, we've to run it using the executable binary file. But here, I'm unable to locate any such file. Please help.... Thanking You.... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitadeshmukh1
0 Replies
PERF-MEM(1)							    perf Manual 						       PERF-MEM(1)

NAME
perf-mem - Profile memory accesses SYNOPSIS
perf mem [<options>] (record [<command>] | report) DESCRIPTION
"perf mem -t <TYPE> record" runs a command and gathers memory operation data from it, into perf.data. Perf record options are accepted and are passed through. "perf mem -t <TYPE> report" displays the result. It invokes perf report with the right set of options to display a memory access profile. OPTIONS
<command>... Any command you can specify in a shell. -t, --type= Select the memory operation type: load or store (default: load) -D, --dump-raw-samples= Dump the raw decoded samples on the screen in a format that is easy to parse with one sample per line. -x, --field-separator Specify the field separator used when dump raw samples (-D option). By default, The separator is the space character. -C, --cpu-list Restrict dump of raw samples to those provided via this option. Note that the same option can be passed in record mode. It will be interpreted the same way as perf record. SEE ALSO
perf-record(1), perf-report(1) perf 06/30/2014 PERF-MEM(1)