Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check the status of sftp connection is successful or not in Linux? Post 302967340 by sea on Tuesday 23rd of February 2016 03:41:06 AM
Old 02-23-2016
Please use code tags as required by the forums rules you have agreed to.
Again, what have YOU tried?

But ok, according to the information you share:
That should work, why shouldnt it?

For any further information,
please wait until my magic ball is back from repair,
or provide the required information, you know the data of your project required for the script, dont you?

Try:
Code:
echo $STATUS

Probably you will need to parse that output for better details.

hth

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

sftp status check

Hi All, I am having shell scripts that make use of ftp to fetch data from one hp-ux box to another. Currently we are migrating these scripts to sftp. Is it a straight forward one? Also, please clarify my following doubts: 1) In ftp we check the success of ftp by verifying the status codes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fisa
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection closing immediatly after successful login

When ssh'ing into certain Unix boxes I'm seeing two errors that appear immediately after entering the password I've never seen. After the error message is displayed the connection closes immediately. The first is “/bin/ksh: Not owner” after which the connection is closed. And, “Read from remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check sftp connection

Hi All, in our system , the sftp server is continuously up. but suddenly it is brought down. how can i find out the reason behind of these , is their any log files or how can i check the connectvity with sftp. please help me to solve this issue (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Status check(whether it is successful or not)

Hi Friends I need to check the status of FTP connection i.e. Whether it is successful or not I have tried this by assigning the FTP connection script to a variable and after that using this variable I tried to check the status. In the below code snippet I am trying to assign the FTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kannannair
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the file status in Linux.

Hi All, I have a simple problem . I am pulling the file from a remote server througha simple file transfer protocal (ftp ). But I wanted to check before pulling the file ,whether the file is being written or in use by some other process and if so i dont want to pull the file and wait for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether the sftp script is successful??

hi, how can i check whether the sftp connectivity is successful or not?? i am using expect script to connect to sftp.. sftp_script spawn /usr/bin/sftp abc@ftp.xyz.com expect "abc@ftp.xyz.com's password:" send "password\r" expect "sftp>" send "mput *.txt\r" expect "sftp>" send "bye\r"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exit Status 255, Connection closed in SFTP

I'm trying to connect from Server A to Server B to transfer files from A to B. I'm using NUID A1 in Server A and NUID A2 in Server B. I have done the following the steps to setup password-less login. 1. Add the public key of A1 in A to the Authorized keys of A2 in B. 2. Add the public key of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanchid312
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automation script for email alert when a job get complete with status successful.

Guyz, Please let me know about script which is to be sending an automatic email to particular mail id's when a monotoring job get complete with status successful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rehan Ahmad
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sftp connection not establishing from Linux to DataPower

Hi Everyone, I am trying to send files from Linux to DataPower server using public key based authentication but it's not working as expected and every-time password expecting for sftp transfer. Can someone please help on this? Steps I fallowed: Created keys pair at source server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: renukeswar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script verify connection to Oracle if not successful

i have a script that connects to the oracle database and executes the query statements. it works fine and i would like to add some message to check if the connection to oracle is not successful. basically this is the code snippet: #!/bin/sh ... ... ... sqlplus -s username/password@dbName... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)