Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check the status of sftp connection is successful or not in Linux? Post 302967338 by sea on Tuesday 23rd of February 2016 01:58:37 AM
Old 02-23-2016
There are specific threads for urgent matters.
We're not a place to do your work, so you get the salary.

As it is urgent, and according to the forum rules, let me ask this first - as you had 11 hrs time:
  1. What have you tried so far?
  2. Where are you stuck, and why?
  3. Is it homework (class/course)?

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

sftp status check

Hi All, I am having shell scripts that make use of ftp to fetch data from one hp-ux box to another. Currently we are migrating these scripts to sftp. Is it a straight forward one? Also, please clarify my following doubts: 1) In ftp we check the success of ftp by verifying the status codes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fisa
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection closing immediatly after successful login

When ssh'ing into certain Unix boxes I'm seeing two errors that appear immediately after entering the password I've never seen. After the error message is displayed the connection closes immediately. The first is “/bin/ksh: Not owner” after which the connection is closed. And, “Read from remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check sftp connection

Hi All, in our system , the sftp server is continuously up. but suddenly it is brought down. how can i find out the reason behind of these , is their any log files or how can i check the connectvity with sftp. please help me to solve this issue (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Status check(whether it is successful or not)

Hi Friends I need to check the status of FTP connection i.e. Whether it is successful or not I have tried this by assigning the FTP connection script to a variable and after that using this variable I tried to check the status. In the below code snippet I am trying to assign the FTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kannannair
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the file status in Linux.

Hi All, I have a simple problem . I am pulling the file from a remote server througha simple file transfer protocal (ftp ). But I wanted to check before pulling the file ,whether the file is being written or in use by some other process and if so i dont want to pull the file and wait for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether the sftp script is successful??

hi, how can i check whether the sftp connectivity is successful or not?? i am using expect script to connect to sftp.. sftp_script spawn /usr/bin/sftp abc@ftp.xyz.com expect "abc@ftp.xyz.com's password:" send "password\r" expect "sftp>" send "mput *.txt\r" expect "sftp>" send "bye\r"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exit Status 255, Connection closed in SFTP

I'm trying to connect from Server A to Server B to transfer files from A to B. I'm using NUID A1 in Server A and NUID A2 in Server B. I have done the following the steps to setup password-less login. 1. Add the public key of A1 in A to the Authorized keys of A2 in B. 2. Add the public key of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanchid312
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automation script for email alert when a job get complete with status successful.

Guyz, Please let me know about script which is to be sending an automatic email to particular mail id's when a monotoring job get complete with status successful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rehan Ahmad
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sftp connection not establishing from Linux to DataPower

Hi Everyone, I am trying to send files from Linux to DataPower server using public key based authentication but it's not working as expected and every-time password expecting for sftp transfer. Can someone please help on this? Steps I fallowed: Created keys pair at source server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: renukeswar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script verify connection to Oracle if not successful

i have a script that connects to the oracle database and executes the query statements. it works fine and i would like to add some message to check if the connection to oracle is not successful. basically this is the code snippet: #!/bin/sh ... ... ... sqlplus -s username/password@dbName... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
2 Replies
TUNA(8) 						  System Administration Utilities						   TUNA(8)

NAME
tuna - program for tuning running processes SYNOPSIS
tuna [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
This manual page explains the tuna program. The program can be used to change the attributes of application and kernel threads. The tuna can operate on IRQs by name or number, and tasks or threads by process ID or command-line. CPUs and sets of CPUs can be specified by CPU or socket number. IRQ names and process command-lines can include wildcards. tuna can change scheduling policy, scheduler priority and processor affinity for processes and process threads. tuna can also change the processor affinity for interrupts. When tuna is invoked without any options it starts up in its graphical interface mode. This manual page explains only the command-line options for tuna OPTIONS
tuna has both action options and modifier options. Modifier options must be specified on the command-line before the actions they are intended to modify. Any modifier option applies to following actions on the same command-line until it is over-ridden. Actions -h, --help Print a list of options. tuna will exit after this action, ignoring the remainder of the command-line. -g, --gui Start the GUI. Actions that follow this on the command-line will be processed without waiting for the GUI to complete. -a, --config_file_apply=profilename Apply changes described in profile -l, --config_file_list List preloaded profiles -i, --isolate Move all threads away from CPU-LIST. Requires -c or -S. -I, --include Allow all threads to run on CPU-LIST. Requires -c or -S. -m, --move Move selected entities to CPU-LIST. Requires -c and either -t or -q. -p, --priority=[POLICY:]RTPRIO Set thread scheduler tunables: POLICY and RTPRIO. POLICY is one of OTHER, FIFO, RR, or BATCH. Requires -t. -P, --show_threads Show thread list. -s, --save=FILENAME Save kthreads sched tunables to FILENAME. -v, --version Show version -W, --what_is Provides help about selected entities. Requires -t. -x, --spread Spread selected entities over CPU-LIST. Requires at least one of -t or -q. The specified threads and IRQs are each assigned to one cpu in CPU-LIST. Modifiers -c, --cpus=CPU-LIST CPU-LIST affected by commands. Requires a CPU number or a comma-separated list of CPU numbers. -C, --affect_children Operation will affect children threads. -f, --filter Disable display of selected CPUs in --gui. Requires -c -G, --cgroup Display the processes with the type of cgroups they are in. Requires -P -K, --no_kthreads Operations will not affect kernel threads. -q, --irqs=IRQ-LIST IRQ-LIST affected by commands. Requires an IRQ number or a comma-separated list of IRQ numbers. -S, --sockets=CPU-SOCKET-LIST CPU-SOCKET-LIST affected by commands. Requires a socket number or a comma-separated list of socket numbers. -t, --threads=THREAD-LIST THREAD-LIST affected by commands. Requires a thread number or thread name, or a comma-separated list of thread numbers and/or names. Thread names may contain wildcards. Be sure to quote or escape any wildcard specifications. -U, --no_uthreads Operations will not affect user threads. USAGE EXAMPLES
If for instance the Ethernet NICs have multiple queues for both receive and transmit, each with its own IRQ, the Ethernet IRQs can be asso- ciated with a CPU socket: tuna -S 2 -i -q 'eth*' -x Move everything off the CPUs in socket 2, then spread the IRQs for the Ethernet devices acrross those same CPUs. tuna February 2010 TUNA(8)