Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Please remove this post/remove information from it Post 302967292 by gandolf989 on Monday 22nd of February 2016 09:33:00 AM
Old 02-22-2016
Too bad it is still cached by Google. A simple search and look at the cached page will still find the information.
On the plus side the server in question is using a shadow file and the hashes of those usernames are not
also cached.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines with unique information in indicated columns

Hi, I have the 3-column, tab-separated following data: dot is-big 2 dot is-round 3 dot is-gray 4 cat is-big 3 hot in-summer 5 I want to remove all of those lines in which the values of Columns 1 and 2 are identical. In this way, the results would be as follows: dot is-big 2 cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
4 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please Help remove some data from previous post

I have posted some data on the forum which needs to be deletd ASAP. The post here in question are How to do in this in shell script? How to modify this script? How to resolve this error? Error in code in linux? Please remove all the parts from post : i-d4411185 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
6 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Remove post with sensitive data

Hello, Can you please delete or modify a post that contains sensitive data. I can't post full links, here's the end of the link: shell-programming-and-scripting/94965-help-shell-scripting-modify-user-creation-script-oracle-database.html It's got a lot of data that should never be posted on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonHeller
2 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please remove sensitive data from post

HI Sir , please remove the sensitive data from the post https://www.unix.com/unix-for-advanced-and-expert-users/200219-ssh-issue.html please blank the following terms /home/infafi/Informatica/PowerCenter8.1.1/server/bin iminfu01uat ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
4 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please remove the sensitive data from post

Hi Sir , Please remove the following code from the post https://www.unix.com/unix-for-advanced-and-expert-users/210081-ftp-issue.html thanks Prabhu (7 Replies)
7 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Urgent : please remove the names from the post

Hi Sir, There is an escalation going on this and could you please remove the words from the following link . this is really critical. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/196647-remove-headings.html please remove following terms fiappl17dev fiappl18dev ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Remove copyrighted information from a post

How do I contact someone to remove an old post that contains copyrighted and confidential information? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrp431
3 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please remove my previous post

please remove my previous post on "Query on scp" The approach which iam thinking will not work Inconvenience caused regretted (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextStep
0 Replies
MKMANIFEST(1)						      General Commands Manual						     MKMANIFEST(1)

NAME
mkmanifest - create a shell script to restore Unix filenames SYNOPSIS
mkmanifest [ files ] DESCRIPTION
Mkmanifest creates a shell script that will aid in the restoration of Unix filenames that got clobbered by the MSDOS filename restrictions. MSDOS filenames are restricted to 8 character names, 3 character extensions, upper case only, no device names, and no illegal characters. The mkmanifest program is compatible with the methods used in pcomm, arc, and mtools to change perfectly good Unix filenames to fit the MSDOS restrictions. EXAMPLE
I want to copy the following Unix files to a MSDOS diskette (using the mcopy command). very_long_name 2.many.dots illegal: good.c prn.dev Capital Mcopy will convert the names to: very_lon 2xmany.dot illegalx good.c xprn.dev capital The command: mkmanifest very_long_name 2.many.dots illegal: good.c prn.dev Capital > manifest would produce the following: mv very_lon very_long_name mv 2xmany.dot 2.many.dots mv illegalx illegal: mv xprn.dev prn.dev mv capital Capital Notice that "good.c" did not require any conversion, so it did not appear in the output. Suppose I've copied these files from the diskette to another Unix system, and I now want the files back to their original names. If the file "manifest" (the output captured above) was sent along with those files, it could be used to convert the filenames. SEE ALSO
arc(1), pcomm(1), mtools(1) local MKMANIFEST(1)