Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Arrange output of a command
Operating Systems Linux Arrange output of a command Post 302967273 by Raj999 on Monday 22nd of February 2016 05:40:16 AM
Old 02-22-2016
Arrange output of a command

Hi,

I am using a command :-
Code:
 ps -auxwww 2> /dev/null | awk 'match ($0, GIN:[^ ]*/) {print substr($0, RSTART+3, RLENGTH-3)}' | sort |  grep -v -F '[^' | uniq

which gives output as
Code:

3 aruau
5 asun
4 cgan

Now I need a command which gives me something like this :-
Code:

3 aruau
5 asun
4 cgan
Total 12

Last edited by Raj999; 02-22-2016 at 06:53 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

re arrange the columns

Hi - can any one let me know how to re-arrange the columns of a comma seperated file. The problem here is that the colums some times have new lines and when the columns has new lines or extra comma's then it is enclosed in double quotes("). Can any one tell me how to re-arrange the columns now. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to sort and arrange an output

ok so I have a list of names that end in either ot,om,oa. So for example DETOT MANOA DET0M DET0A MANOT SEAOT etc... I want to be able to group this list by OT, OM, OA and have the output have some headers like this and be alphabatized and if possible be in colums instead of like... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arrange data

I have a following data: 100 200 300 400 I want the data to be arranged: 100 200 300 400 What is the best way to do this? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-arrange column

10.142.7.155 - - www.abc.com 404 - I have many columns which is tab delimited file, I have to re-arrange this to a particular column and also add "-" to 3rd column and 6th column. 10.142.7.155 - - - www.abc.com - 404 - (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange output based on rows into columns

Hi All, I would like to ask help on how can i achieve below output. Inputfile: Oct11,apa1-daily,01:25:01 Oct11,apa2-daily,01:45:23 Oct12,apa1-daily,02:30:11 Oct12,apa2-daily,01:55:01 Oct13,apa1-off,01:43:34 Oct13,apa2-off,01:22:04 Desired output: Clients ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mars101
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Command understanding the output file destination in case of standard output!!!!!

I ran the following command. cat abc.c > abc.c I got message the following message from command cat: cat: abc.c : input file is same as the output file How the command came to know of the destination file name as the command is sending output to standard file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert title as output of command to appended file if no output from command

I am using UNIX to create a script on our system. I have setup my commands to append their output to an outage file. However, some of the commands return no output and so I would like something to take their place. What I need The following command is placed at the prompt: TICLI... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to arrange words

Hi I have a text file as given below: Input format I have a text file as given below . This is a (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
9 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)