Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Processing multiple files (environment setting) Post 302967071 by captainrhodes on Friday 19th of February 2016 06:13:22 AM
Old 02-19-2016
Hello Don

The name of the script is
Code:
efdsx_trans

It's a bit misleading as I edited the script before posting (it goes into about 5 different user's accounts to retrieve files, I trimmed out 4 of the users).

I've edited the script now so that it is the same as the one in the previous post.
Code:
Moving previous EFIN file to /u01/efin/v40/live/report/archive/bon.

Done.

Moving to efin user reports folder

Transfering e-fin reports to temporary folder

cp: cannot access act_r07r*.prt

Done.

Removing headers from report files

./efdsx_trans[63]: 488 Segmentation Fault(coredump)
Processing /export/home/efin/efintran/temp/act_r09r3814.prt file...
./efdsx_trans[63]: 489 Segmentation Fault(coredump)
Processing /export/home/efin/efintran/temp/act_r09r3816.prt file...
./efdsx_trans[63]: 492 Segmentation Fault(coredump)
Processing /export/home/efin/efintran/temp/act_r09r3817.prt file...
./efdsx_trans[63]: 497 Segmentation Fault(coredump)
Processing /export/home/efin/efintran/temp/act_r09r3825.prt file...
./efdsx_trans[63]: 505 Segmentation Fault(coredump)
Processing /export/home/efin/efintran/temp/act_r09r3827.prt file...
./efdsx_trans[63]: 513 Segmentation Fault(coredump)
Processing /export/home/efin/efintran/temp/act_r09r3860.prt file...
./efdsx_trans[63]: 517 Segmentation Fault(coredump)
Processing /export/home/efin/efintran/temp/act_r09r3869.prt file...

Thanks again for looking

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing Multiple Files

Hello Everyone, I am new to scripting and confused with how to do this efficiently. I am trying to use AWK to do this. I have a lot of files in a folder which has the data of my throughput measurements in two columns i.e. Serial # and Throughput. like this 177.994 847.9 178.996 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hakim
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple excel files processing on unix

Hi all, I am faced with a rather unusual problem regarding interaction between NT and UNIX. I am using an ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tool on unix that has the capability to read .xls files. So, when I FTP an excel (.xls) file from a windows server to unix and attempt to read it with this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ucode_2482
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single output of awk script processing multiple files

Helllo UNIX Forum :) Since I am posting on this board, yes, I am new to UNIX! I read a copy of "UNIX made easy" from 1990, which felt like a making a "computer-science time jump" backwards ;) So, basically I have some sort of understanding what the basic concept is. Problem Description:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kasimir
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up your environment

Hi I am new to Solaris and was just given my id and need to setup my environment, what do i need to do to run certain commands without putting in the complete path. How do I create my .profile, I do not see under my login? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa_ken
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple groups of files processing

I have five directories, dir1 to dir5 for each directory, I have all same number-named folders. There are four types of folders, {1..10}, {20..30}, { 40..50}, {60..70} Now for each types of folder, I will do the same thing, here is the code for i in {1..5} do cd dir$i mkdir temp1 for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgreen
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing multiple files awk

hai i need my single awk script to act on 4 trace files of ns2 and to calculate througput and it should print result from each trace file in a single trace file. i tried with the following code but it doesnt work awk -f awkscript inputfile1 inputfile2 inputfile3 inputfile4>outputfile ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathyy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple files to awk for processing in bash script

Hi, I'm using awk command in bash script. I'm able to pass multiple files to awk for processing.The code i can use is as below(sample code) #!/bin/bash awk -F "," 'BEGIN { ... ... ... }' file1 file2 file3 In the above code i'm passing the file names manually and it is fine till my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing multiple files

Hello I have a program cfxfrwb which is designed to remove headers from reports files. The cfxfrwb is located in the following directory /u01/efin/v40/live/bin I run the program against a single report file in the temp directory and it does it's job../cfxfrwb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: captainrhodes
2 Replies